“Poke not good”

Frenchy's Rockaway Grill
Ranked #21 of 690 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“Poke not good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This place is all about location....it sits directly on clearwater beach, with both covered patio & indoor seating. In my opinion, it's a good place for cocktails after being in the sun....they have a full bar. I always get the Jerk Chicken Sandwich...which is always so delicious!!! But the other day, I took a guest. My guest ordered the chicken quesedillas....average, nothing to "write home about". I, on the other hand, ventured out getting the tuna poke...with sliced cucumbers, seaweed salad, and white rice. The tuna was of poor quality....the pieces were almost shaved, and very "grainy" (lot of white gristle through the pieces). I'm hoping the color was brown-ish because of the marinade it was in. And the white "sticky" rice was not so sticky, and could've been cooked longer.

The ambiance is very beach-like...everyone is in flip flops and bathing suits. There's sand on the floor, and the bathroom is damp. The female servers wear unfortunate "daisy dukes", which I'm sure, cuts down on them being hot; but isn't great for scenery as the customer. There is music playing pretty loudly, and it seems they are always busy. They don't awknowledge birthdays, or take reservations...ever.

All in all, I'll continue to go to this particular establishment after a long, hot day in the sun. I'll continue ordering cold, refreshing cocktails, and make sure to stick to my "Jerk Chicken Sand" always!!

• Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
“Perfect location and atmosphere!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Here on business in Clearwater and stopped at Frenchy's Rockaway Grill for a meal and drinks with friends. The location is fantastic. The beach and sunset with a couple of drinks takes you from a 100 mph to 10 mph. Just what you need a the end of a hectic day. I have a gluten intolerance, and guess what they have a gluten free menu. WOW! Someone is paying at tension. On top of that they have entertainment. Great musician (Zach Caruso) is playing tonight an I don't mean any offense but this guy is so good you wonder why is he playing here. Also have to give props to our bartenders, Vega and Melissa. Both are sharp, efficient and as professional as it gets. Don't miss this place if you are ever in Clearwater Florida.

1 Thank Kevin S
“Great location, food and a spectacular sun set”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Ate here twice on our holiday, the first night we ate outside with a perfect view of the beach and the sunset. Great food, grouper sandwich is a must but the starter of calamari was fantastic and almost a meal in themselves. Good prompt service which was friendly and relaxed.

1 Thank Mrslater
Salisbury, Maryland
“Great food, awesome atmosphere, little too cramped”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The food was great... I ordered the tropical grouper... "Pan sautéed" aka breaded and fried... But still great... I would personally go for the grilled version. Great views of the ocean, awesome up beat atmosphere! Only comment I have was that the tables were a little close... But that is just my taste... My wife order and loved the shrimp tacos! Our entire enjoyed our experience! Enjoy!

1 Thank Christian B
Muskogee, Oklahoma
“Frenchy's Froot Lada !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great little beach restaurant! Had cheese fries and a Froot Lada! It's Froot Loop Vodka with Pina Colada! Great view.