“fabulous!”
Review of Island Way Grill

Island Way Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Way Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 713 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2008

fabulous!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Safety Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 24 January 2008

Amazing Sunday brunch buffet.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 20 December 2007

This is a good place to have a nice evening....only if you sit outside! Inside the acoustics are awefull! Good food, great wine!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 21 September 2007

My husband & I recently traveled to Clearwater Beach for an anniversary trip. The poolside waitress at our hotel recommended that we try the Island Way Grill. We are so glad we asked! We arrived at about 7:30 on a Saturday. They told us it would be about a 45 minute wait but we didn't mind. It was our fault for not making a reservation. The decor is very eclectic and the atmosphere very intimate. We were seated within about 20 minutes and had an extremely helpful waitress. I wanted to have Sushi but am fairly new to it and don't exactly know what to order. She helped me out and it was a perfect selection. My husband went for a more traditional fish dish (I can't remember exactly what it was) but that was fantastic, too. I found this restaurant to be simply fantastic. Everything... the food, ambiance, decor, staff... it was all wonderful. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, upscale dining experience.

1  Thank ShelOt
Reviewed 29 May 2007

We read on a magazine on our flight that the Island Way Grill is the best seafood place in Clearwater Beach. So My husband and I decided to dine there on Sunday night, May 27, 2007. It wasn't a very pleasant experience. I should have called ahead since it's a holiday weekend. But we were ready to sit at the bar or anywhere as long as we don't have to wait for more than an hour. The wait for an outdoor table was 30 mins. and 45 mins. for an inside table. We wanted to sit outside. Half an hour is not too bad. We got lucky and found 2 seats at the bar outside and ordered our drinks and an appetizer. Our drinks were fine. The appetizer was a different story. It was a little over half an hour later when our table became available. Where is our appetizer? We moved to our table and still no appetizer. Our waiter checked on it and apparently the bartender who took our order gave it to someone else. How did that happen? We were right there in front of him. He didn't even come over to apologize. We were starving and I didn't want to create a scene. Bad Service. Food was okay. Nothing to rave about. As it turned out the appetizer was better than the entrees we ordered. My husband said the Sea Bass was alright and my Halibut was okay. I don't think we'll be back. We have been all over the US and overseas in search of "the best". Jake's in Portland Oregon is still the best seafood place we have ever been to. The freshest seafood ever. It's also owned by McCormick & Schmick's Restaurant. Great Service at both these restaurants. There is a McCormick & Schmick's in Orlando. Another good place is Bonefish Grill. Great food and great service.

2  Thank Toots1