“Great Food and Location”
Review of Island Way Grill

Island Way Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Way Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 700 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Good for: Romantic
“Great Food and Location”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We ate here for dinner and the setting couldn't be better. Their outdoor space is fantastic. I found the food cooked well and very tasteful. I would definitely return

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Colorado_719

• Polish first
Lisbon, Portugal
“Good selection of wines and beers”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Good sea food, Good selection of wines and beers. Big room just a bit too noisy. Prices are fair. Worth to repeat.

1 Thank Marco R
Safety Harbor, Florida
“Hottest place in town”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We all know it is HOT in FL during the summer, but if I want to sweat during my meal, I will picnic outside.
We were seated in the dining room at the Island Way Grill and while the waterfront view is nice, the noise level was high and the temperature inside the restaurant was practically unbearable. Our server explained that the A/C was set as low as possible but it could not keep up with the afternoon sun. (shades on the windows were down). Perhaps an upgrade to the A/C system or better insulated windows are needed. The little lights hanging from the ceiling are pretty, but fans would be more practical.
It took awhile for our drinks to be served, however our meals were delivered promptly. Portions were large. My seafood pasta special was tasty, with plenty of shrimp and clumps of grouper, however I could not find the crab that it was supposed to contain (nor could the others that also ordered this dish). Two others in my party stated that their fish (grouper and salmon) were rather bland. We noticed tables around us with baskets of bread that we were not served or offered.
If you visit the Island Way Grill, ask to be seated in the bar area rather than the hot dining room or wait and visit during the winter months.
With so many other seafood restaurants in the area, I doubt I will be returning to this one.

1 Thank klc97
“Worth your time!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This was such a wonderful experience. Between the view, service, food, and atmosphere, it was worthy of 5 stars! We ordered the daily specials, stuffed grouper and seafood pasta with salads and a grilled veggie kabob. Also ordered the white sangria and it was very delicious! Everyone keeps dogging the service but our water was very attentive and available. We will definitely be visiting again!!

1 Thank Talor S
Clarkston, Washington
“Excellent Meal & Experience”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I ate here last night just on a whim looking for a nice restaurant to eat at. Boy was this place a good choice! We had an incredible fine dining experience that was well worth the extra price. We will be back here next time we come down to this part of Florida, but unfortunately we will only be able to eat here once per visit. I had the fresh caught Grouper stuffed with crab and a side of mashed potatoes. My wife had the seafood pasta. Each dish was incredible until the last bite. Make sure you stop by the Island Way Grill when you come near the Clearwater area.

1 Thank Mark S