“Food and atmosphere are great...”
Review of Island Way Grill

Island Way Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Way Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 760 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

But the service is just ok. It always seems to take a while for things to get rolling but when they do you won't be disappointed. The food is always great and the smell of the wood oven makes you want more. Great outdoor eating during the cooler months as inside can get a bit loud I recommend the inside bar area or outside as your seating preference.

BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Island Way Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback and will share with our team.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,721)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Maybe a bit expensive, but it’s good. The child’s steak is as big as the small sirloin and $5! Great deal. The edamame was good as well as the house salad and crab bisque. Steak is tender and perfect and the Mac and cheese was good.

We appreciate the 4 star review and look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I like Seafood.A Lot. My son had been to Island Way before and recommended it. He ordered the "Sushi Steak". I do not like Suchi and decided years ago I was not going to even waste my time looking at it on teh menu. They have a very Impressive Sushi Bar if you like it. My son loved what he ordered. I ordered teh Crab Cakes.After living IN Mclean Va for 15 years and keeping my Sailboat in Annapolis I know what a good Crab Cake is.Nothing in the Country compares to "Maryland Blue" crab cakes but for a Crab Cake from Florida they were most likely the best I have had. Service was great as was the food overall. Would definitely recomend this Restaurant.Did I mention they had a wonderful selection of various type Steaks! The menu is very diverse and should satisfy any appetite.

We appreciate the 5 star review and look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We love Island Way Grill and have been coming here for years. Something to please everyone. I had the beef stir fry which didn’t disappoint. The early super includes Crab Bisque or salad (love the crab bisque). Cocktails are great too and not ridiculously priced. Only complaint was the lack of WiFi. Suspect that it’s to keep diners off their devices. Just go, you won’t be disappointed.

BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Island Way Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Let me start with the pros here because I really want to be fair & I don’t often leave poor reviews. The service was great. This was not our server’s fault! The bread & the Italian herb dip were good. Also, we don’t eat seafood & that seemed to be the majority of the menu. .perhaps that would be better if that’s what you’re coming for.

The bad - we both ordered steak. I ordered a medium filet & I’m am not exaggerating, I could not cut it with a steak knife. I finally cut into it & the inside was indeed medium. The texture of the meat was the oddest thing. It didn’t pull apart like you would expect an almost $30 steak to do. It was solid with too much fat, but it was pink. It was flavorless & I couldn’t eat it. I ordered a Caesar salad & it came out on a warm plate with wilted leaves. Couldn’t eat it. I literally left our anniversary dinner hungry & ended up getting a Snickers bar out of the vending machine at our hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your honest feedback. Our owner Frank Chivas would like the opportunity to speak with you direct regarding your unpleasant experience. He has asked that you connect with him via cell or email (whichever you prefer) - he can be reached at 727-480-6704 or frank@baystarrestaurantgroup.com - Thank you in advance!