“Surprised”

Gondolier Pizza Italian Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 696 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Phoenix, Arizona
“Surprised”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Nice variety of food. The pasta sauces were a little bland but the pizza and calzones were excellent.

Visited July 2014

• Czech first
Houston, Texas
“Mixed Review”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family and I went one evening for dinner. The 10 minute wait for a table of five was reasonable. Unfortunately, we were crowded into a booth and had a very long wait for service. I think the restaurant was understaffed that night. Our server was friendly and apologetic. We had
Pizza, ravioli, veal sub and salad. The food was good( not great, but good) and a nice diversion from all the fried food along the beach coast.

• Visited July 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Horrible Service and Inappropiate Employees”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were at the beach all day and a local recommended us to go to this really good italian restaurant. We were very excited because they described it to us as the best Italian food in Clearwater. We were a big group of 15 people including kids. They seat us in a table for 8 and the kids on a booth, my friends was talking to the kids and asking them what they wanted to eat when an employee touched her inappropiately. The space was very small, however, he should have said "excuse me" and waited for her to move. My friend was extremely upset and told him that next time he needed to say excuse me and that it was very inappropiate the way he touched her. The employee didn't said anything and we asked our server to call the manager. The manager told my friend and her husband that he saw what the employee did to her and to please not to make a "scene". He didn't apologized he just asked us to be quiet. After that, he offered my friend a 10% discount on the meal. At that point, we were ready to walk out. However, we decided to stay. The food was good but not great, when the server brought us one of the pizzas she literally throw it in the table very close to one of the kids and stated the pizza pan was really hot. Extremely rude of her, the little girl could have definately burn her hands. Since we were a big group we told the server to split the bills and she said that she will be able to do so. When we received the bill nothing was divided and when we asked her to do so she was giving us attitude and then she asked all of us what we had again. After bringing the bill it was all wrong and she told us that we needed to go to the cashier and they will fix it for us. It was not a good experience at all, very dissapointing.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank IliaM246
Orlando, Florida
“Never disappoints us”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Whenever we are visiting Clearwater, we stop by the Gondolier. The food is delicious with great portions, and the service is very good. Mom and I shared a small Greek salad and there was STILL enough left over to take back with us. We also shared a spinach and feta calzone which was so delicious, I wish I had ordered one to take back home.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank hellokitty911
Bradenton, Florida
“Great food but staff is treated very poorly”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We have visited Clearwater Beach for the past 5 years and always order carry-out from Gondoliers. The food is always good and cookef to order. However, tonight was a VERY disappointing experience for us! We ordered a large Eggplant White pizza and two orders of kids beef ravioli. I was told the order would be ready in 10-15 minutes. So we go and pick up our meal and only the ravioli is ready....ok, no big deal. We wait and wait and wait. Clearly there is no Eggplant White pizza coming up so we ask the nice girl working the counter how long until it's ready. There is an older Italian gentleman from the back who says that's going to take another 5-6 minutes because they accidentally sent it to the wrong place....WHAT?! Luckily the nice girl working the front felt bad for us and gave us free breadsticks and water while we waited. While waiting, we hear the same older Italian gentleman from the back to tell the nice girl to "use her brain next time!" She replied "It wasn't my fault" and he just kept yelling at her. I must say, I was very out off by hearing how awfully he humiliated her....especially in front of customers. Because of the poor display in professionalism, I'm not sure if we will be back. How dare someone treat another employee like that, especially in front of customers!