“Great food”

Gondolier Pizza Italian Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 696 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Wroughton, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

It is exactly as it looks. A family run Pizza place. Food always great service generally very good apart from from one over eager waiter who finding we were overseas visitors would not shut up! Despite saying we had been here 10 years + he would not leave us alone. Very off putting but managed finally by being blunt to get him to leave us alone. But food always excellent never a complaint

• Czech first
“Great Food”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The food here is wonderful and the place is clean and the service is wonderful! Their desserts are delicious too!

Visited July 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Great Dishes, Non Existent Staff, Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stopped in here Fri Night 8/8/14 via the Florida Free Rides buggy express service with my counterpart on our vacation, recommended by Sea Captain Resort in Clearwater. the greatest hotel Clearwater has to offer (read tripadvisor reviews too to back it up). Had a torellini dish with the homemade bread. Oh my goddd it was great! I never expect to get a great dish, a great meal, aside from pizza, in a pizza joint. But this place, amazing.

The food was fresh filling and left my mouth foaming for hours

The staff was non existent. The waitress that is. Had to get another waitress to eventually get our waitress to get our check. Before all that, we were eating and I didn't neeed more drinks or anything but what if? Never saw her one time during the course of eating after the food was delivered to the table. Very strange. Being a waitress and not working hard for her earnings or maybe just not caring. Seems to be an older staff of waitresses, probably been in the business for so many years and have other jobs that they dont care. They expect people will just eat and not need 2nd or 3rd drinks, or napkins, or anything, and will walk away and leave a 10 dollar bill on the table just because they took an order and brought the food out. Doesnt fly with me.

Aside from that, I'll definitely repeat eating here without hesitation on my next visit to Clearwater Beach. Ate on the patio with a view of the street and traffic, Wyndham Hotel across the road

1 Thank RoadRabbitTC
Orlando, Florida
“Good pizza”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Our group had the cheese, meat lovers, and margherita pizzas, and the spaghetti with meat sauce. Everything was good but the margherita pizza is a white pizza and I felt it needed some sauce to give it more flavor. We had the key lime cheesecake (a little too sweet) and the lime on top was brown, so maybe it had been in the fridge for a while. Service was friendly and the food was served quickly.

Columbus, Ohio
“Nice staff, average food”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We ate here a couple of times on our trip. They have a wide variety of food, but I found the food to be just average. Nothing bad -- just nothing special. On the other hand, the staff was very friendly. I would neither recommend this restaurant nor recommend against it. Not much else to say.