“Excellent Service (by Ivan) & Food”

Alfano's Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 695 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$12 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a family owned & operated restaurant, specializing in Italian/Continental Cuisine. We have been the proud recipient of Tampa Bay Magazine's award for 'Best Italian' for over fifteen years, as well as Wine Spectators Best of Award of Excellence for our extensive wine list. Reservations are highly recommended for weekends and holidays.
Dunedin
“Excellent Service (by Ivan) & Food”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My friend took me here for lunch. FIRST: OUR SERVER IVAN WAS OUTSTANDING. He didn't grab one plate from one of us when the other finished first. THAT's good service. He was attentive, courteous, and professional. When I return I will ask for him to wait our table.
I had been here once before and liked it, but it was a quick lunch, This time, we ordered from the three course pre fixe lunch (11:30 to 2:30pm) and early dinner (5-6pm) menu. There are $16 and $22 entrees. Lunch was served with the most delicious garlic bread. I selected the salmon piccata ($16), and as they were offering pasta instead of a potato this day, I asked if they could increase the vegetables and leave off the pasta. That was fine with our server. It was a good size piece of fish (I couldn't finish it...maybe because I ate so much garlic bread!!) deliciously prepared with lemon butter & capers, with broccoli and asparagus which were cooked to perfection...the vegetables had the slight crunchiness that was great. My friend had the chicken Marsala which she said was very good. The salad was iceberg but with nice ingredients, and we both liked it. The blue cheese and Italian dressings were great as well. For desert I had the apple strudel with butter pecan ice cream with a swirl of caramel or butterscotch (I couldn't tell) sauce. My friend had the cheesecake with strawberry sauce. Both were very good. The coffee was excellent, a perfect blend. The ambiance is lovely, and there are several different areas in which to eat, all very nice. This is fine dining without being "stuffy." It was a pleasure having lunch here today. P,S, Always look carefully at the check. Here, as in many places in Florida, they add a gratuity,..never enough, so we add to it. Don't miss Alfano's, You'll be satisfied here!

• Visited July 2013

Largo, Florida
“Ok food, terrible service”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

They have a mandatory 15% tip so the wait staff can slack off as far as I am concerned. Our waiter was not very attentive,barely checked on us, then when I found a piece of paper wrapping on the bottom of my chicken and mentioned it to him, he just ignored me. To get bread (good) without being soaked in garlic butter was an issue - took over 15 minutes to get it! I won't go there again.

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank franco5
Asheville
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I joined a few friends at this restaurant for dinner and it was FANTASTIC. The waiter was friendly and knowledgable about the menu and how the dishes were prepared. We arrived before 6pm, so we ordererd from the 3 course dinner menu and we each had a different dish. We were all delighted with our choices and the bread was delicious. I will definitely come back to this restaurant at every opportunity.

• Visited May 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Excellent Service, Wonderful Food”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Alfano's does everything right. the Decor is elegant and tasteful without being too stuffy; the service is efficient and friendly without being too chatty, the food is wonderful, and the prices extremely reasonable. When I dined here I took advantage of the early bird special which offers a 3 course prix fixe for less than $25 and includes coffee or tea. The Chicken Madiera provided the hearty and comforting meal I was looking for and house salad with antipasti toppings were excellent. The house vinaigrette had just the right balance of vinegar, and the unlimited garlic bread (even though the bread itself is clearly the pre-made, frozen variety) is delicious. We arrived at 5pm and the house filled up quickly during the time we were there. My friends that dine here frequently tell me that reservations are recommended.

• Visited February 2013
travlife
“Off my list”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Had very bad experience last visit. Have frequented since inception in Largo. Server was not at all qualified. 2 1/2 hr lunch. 15 minute wait for change and he still got it wrong. Good food .Lousy service.

• Visited February 2013