“ITALIAN FOOD HEAVEN !!!”

Alfano's Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 725 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$12 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a family owned & operated restaurant, specializing in Italian/Continental Cuisine. We have been the proud recipient of Tampa Bay Magazine's award for 'Best Italian' for over fifteen years, as well as Wine Spectators Best of Award of Excellence for our extensive wine list. Reservations are highly recommended for weekends and holidays.
Reviewed 29 September 2013

this restaurant is one of the very finest Italian restaurants on the planet the food is to die for the staff are friendly and helpful Keith the bartender is a diamond the whole restaurant is beautifully laid out I've eaten in Italian restaurants from little Italy in nyc Dublin Ireland as well as in London and alfanos stands on its own a truly beautiful experience if you're ever in beautiful Clearwater Florida be sure to visit alfanos you won't be disappointed !!!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This was our second trip to the Clearwater area and wish we would have known about Alfano's earlier. Although it is not by the water, once you walk into their building, it is true elegance. The energy is fantastic, the wait staff exceptional ( most have been with the restaurant for many years ) and the food is magnificent. Complimentary is their garlic bread that melts in your mouth. Their salad dressings ( many are homemade ) are just delicious. I had their Penne alla Vodka and it is divine. My husband had Rosemary Chicken over angel hair pasta that is to die for. The portions are large and prices very reasonable. We can't wait to return. This is quite a find and a remarkable dining experience.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

My friend took me here for lunch. FIRST: OUR SERVER IVAN WAS OUTSTANDING. He didn't grab one plate from one of us when the other finished first. THAT's good service. He was attentive, courteous, and professional. When I return I will ask for him to wait our table.
I had been here once before and liked it, but it was a quick lunch, This time, we ordered from the three course pre fixe lunch (11:30 to 2:30pm) and early dinner (5-6pm) menu. There are $16 and $22 entrees. Lunch was served with the most delicious garlic bread. I selected the salmon piccata ($16), and as they were offering pasta instead of a potato this day, I asked if they could increase the vegetables and leave off the pasta. That was fine with our server. It was a good size piece of fish (I couldn't finish it...maybe because I ate so much garlic bread!!) deliciously prepared with lemon butter & capers, with broccoli and asparagus which were cooked to perfection...the vegetables had the slight crunchiness that was great. My friend had the chicken Marsala which she said was very good. The salad was iceberg but with nice ingredients, and we both liked it. The blue cheese and Italian dressings were great as well. For desert I had the apple strudel with butter pecan ice cream with a swirl of caramel or butterscotch (I couldn't tell) sauce. My friend had the cheesecake with strawberry sauce. Both were very good. The coffee was excellent, a perfect blend. The ambiance is lovely, and there are several different areas in which to eat, all very nice. This is fine dining without being "stuffy." It was a pleasure having lunch here today. P,S, Always look carefully at the check. Here, as in many places in Florida, they add a gratuity,..never enough, so we add to it. Don't miss Alfano's, You'll be satisfied here!

Reviewed 25 May 2013

They have a mandatory 15% tip so the wait staff can slack off as far as I am concerned. Our waiter was not very attentive,barely checked on us, then when I found a piece of paper wrapping on the bottom of my chicken and mentioned it to him, he just ignored me. To get bread (good) without being soaked in garlic butter was an issue - took over 15 minutes to get it! I won't go there again.

5  Thank franco5
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I joined a few friends at this restaurant for dinner and it was FANTASTIC. The waiter was friendly and knowledgable about the menu and how the dishes were prepared. We arrived before 6pm, so we ordererd from the 3 course dinner menu and we each had a different dish. We were all delighted with our choices and the bread was delicious. I will definitely come back to this restaurant at every opportunity.

Been to Alfano's Restaurant? Share your experiences!