“Only really good restaurant we’ve found on the beach”

Bob Heilman's Beachcomber
Ranked #46 of 777 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 1948 Fresh Seafood, Prime Steaks Award Winning Wine List, Generous Cocktails located in beautiful Clearwater Beach Florida
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We had a scrumptious meal here this evening. The waiter (nice, informative, friendly bearded young man) was outstanding. He volunteered interesting information about the history of the restaurant, the calibre of bartender, chef and staff and was very complimentary of the owners and entire establishment.

We have challenging dining needs. First we like good food as opposed to loads of mediocre food. My partner is allergic to shellfish and I am vegan. They easily catered for both and our waiter made an excellent recommendation for my partner in the black grouper in bronze sauce. We couldn’t have been happier with our meal and the entire experience.

I wonder why it is so hard to find this restaurant when you search for fine dining in Clearwater Beach????? We found the restaurant by walking by and looking in at the menu. The website does not come up when searching.

The restaurant is dignified, quiet, great drinks and wine and delicious food. Highly recommended. We loved it.

7  Thank MagsHels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)

Reviewed 6 January 2018

We’ve been celebrating our family birthdays, anniversaries and taking friends to Heilman’s for 40 years and it just can’t be beat. One of those rare places where you can’t go wrong anywhere on their menu from seafood to to steak to veal to frogs legs. Very warm, inviting atmosphere with live piano music all evening. Generous cocktails and friendly employees. Variety of dining rooms from large to small and intimate.

4  Thank Bill J
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I took my wife to Bob Heilmans Beachcomber for a special New Years Eve dinner. Every year we try a new restaurant. We had some disappoints in years past so we were anxious to try a friends recommendation. The place was very busy as expected. Our server Christopher was not only knowledgeable about the menu but very energetic and personable (a must to be successful in the restaurant business). We enjoyed the relish tray and tastey escargot. (Glad he recommended it). My wife loved the scallops and I enjoyed the succulent prime rib. The friendly service of Christopher and the delicious food from the Chef made our night extremely enjoyable. We will return soon.

2  Thank Norman T
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Having secured a 9pm reservation via email 24 Hrs earlier with an extremely efficient Helen we were seated at a lovely table in the beautifully decorated main dining room.

The restaurant was extremely busy but had a lovely warm atmosphere we were a party of 4 (2 adults and our 2 sons).

Crisp linen table cloths and shiny cutlery so lovely I wish I could remember the name of our softly spoken server she again was extremely efficient making us feel welcome and special taking our order after filling our water glasses with iced water and even making my husband feel good in his choice of red wine ( Pinot Noir Rodney Strong) .

The menu was set for New Years Eve but due to the busy nature of the evening I totally understand this and it still offered a great choice.

A gorgeous lobster bisque and choice of tomato or garden salad are given as standard .

We had the oysters, shrimp cocktail, an amazing offering of mixed breads and signature relishes / chutneys then fillet Mignon , chicken , lamb chops and a children’s rib of beef all cooked perfectly and full of flavour served with whipped potatoes, french beans and carrots.

We were so impressed with the quality of food on such a busy night and after speaking to several other diners we realise that for many it was a family favourite with many repeat customers.

Overall we had a fantastic evening and if ever we get the chance to visit Clearwater again Bob Heilman’s Beachcomber would be on our list of places to revisit.

Many thanks to all the hardworking staff and management.

5  Thank Powelly71
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We celebrated our anniversary here. We loved our meals. The relish tray is a nice touch. You can't go wrong with any fish from here. But it is always sooo cold in there.

2  Thank Linda S