“Food Good, Service Horrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Yanny's

Yanny's
Ranked #134 of 690 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clearwater, Florida, United States
“Food Good, Service Horrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We were seated immediately but waited about 10 minutes before a waitress appeared, then waited 46 minutes for the food to arrive: one entree of an egg, grits, bacon, another entree of a chicken caesar salad and a quesadilla. Two half-size portions of bacon were on the plate and the smallest bowl of caesar salad I've ever been served. Preparation was good, just way too slow coming out and our waitress only returned to our table to provide to-go boxes and the check. We won't be back.

• Visited March 2014

Waynesville, North Carolina
“Disappointing breakfast experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Yanny's has been located in Clearwater, Florida for quite some time, but they have very recently moved to a new, nearby location (still on Highland Avenue, Clearwater.) They are known for their home-made yogurt, so if you like yogurt, give it a try. We ordered instead the home-made corned beef hash breakfast. I am tempted to be merciful, since they had just opened at a new location, but the service was terrible. Waitresses seemed to be lacking in training. They did not know where to go or whom to serve. The time waiting for our food was excessively long. Once the food was served, we never saw our waitress again. We eventually flagged down a server to get a second cup of coffee. The corned beef hash was no doubt original, but chewy and not very tasty. I think a good brand of corned beef from a can would have been preferable! My husband ordered a biscuit instead of toast. What he was served didn't really qualify as a biscuit. Yet when we left, we notice we were charged extra for the "biscuit"!. I ordered rye toast. (It's hard to ruin rye toast, but they almost succeeded.) All this and the prices were on the high side. When I paid at the register on the way out, no one asked about the meal, so I volunteered. I quietly told the cashier that we were very disappointed in the meal and probably would not be returning. She seemed nonplussed but only replied that she was new and not the manager. Oh well. Want a good, inexpensive breakfast with excellent service? Try Acropol not too many miles away.

• Visited February 2014
David-at-Yannys, Manager at Yanny's, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hello,

I'd love to first thank you for visiting our restaurant at the new location. From your review, I don't think we got anything right by your standards and I am very sorry. As you are aware, we have moved. Our new location is twice the size of our old one and therefore we also have twice the size of staff that are still being trained by the standards that have kept us in business approximately 20 years. I wish that you would have requested the manager so we could have resolved any conflict while in our restaurant. Sometime down the line, I'd hope to see you in our restaurant again.
Windsor, Canada
“disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We loved Yanny's when they were down the road. They moved to a new location last week, so we thought we'd give them a try. I sure hope they are just experiencing growing pains, as this place used to be a favourite of ours. Sunday morning - the place was packed! A good sign for any restaurant, however, we waited an hour for our food to come to our table. I ordered the pancake and it was as heavy as lead! Worst pancake I've ever had anywhere. Other food at our table was ok, although the al-a cart prices are a bit pricey - $2.50 for one two inch round sausage pattie!! That's a bit much.
Coffee however is hot, good, and plentiful. At least they kept it flowing while we waited for our food. Ambiance is lovely - painted scenes on the walls, and staff really are very nice.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Ren026
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst/most rude service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

As a prior server myself and someone who worked inthe resturant busieness for almost 10 years I am truly appalled by our experience at Yanny's today. We walked into the restaurant, took a seat as directed and waited 9 minutes. We were not greeted, or a acknowledged. We went out to ask for menus, server loudly announced "um I'm coming!!". She handed us and the people next to us menus who walked in about 10 minutes after us. The server then filled the other people's cups with coffee even though we had are cups flipped over ready for coffee and our menus closed ready to order. We waited a total of 20 minutes with no service. Regardless of how busy the server was, this is totally unacceptable to blatantly not serve us on purpose. This used to be one of our favorite places to eat but we will never ever support Yanny's with our business again.

Tarpon Springs
“Great French toast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We have been to Yanny's numerous times and the food is always great. We usually always get the French toast with almonds but have also tried the hash and it was great.

• Visited July 2013