“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Wife and I had lunch here on a Wednesday in September. Lasagrna Bolognese was just ordinary. Mom's Spaghetti and Meat Balls was not like mom used to make. Spaghetti sauce was flat. Fresh bread was good. Didn't order a salad because of the extra $3.00 cost. Ordered a soft drink which was received but charge was not put on bill. I pointed this out to the waiter and paid for the drink. Had to wait for our ticket even though the place was practically empty. Charge of $28.00 was about what you expect to pay for two lunches but put $6.00 on top of that for salads and you're up to $34.00 for an average meal. I doubt we will go back to this restaurant again.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Our first trip to this restaurant was a disappointment. Dry lasagna, inept service. A manager who was too busy running food to see that his diners were not being taken care of. Not a disaster, but far from stellar. Nothing to really draw us back. But, I was familiar with Romano’s in New Jersey, and knew they could do better, so I sent them an e-mail. Two days later I received a call from the District Manager, who questioned me in detail about my dining experience and seemed genuinely interested in my opinions. He also sent me certificates to come back and try them again.

I’m happy to say that our second experience was a great improvement. Ironically, we had the same server, who had greatly improved with some training reinforcement. Bread arrived just before the soups, and a light dipping sauce was made with freshly ground pepper and the restaurant’s excellent brand of olive oil. I ordered “Pomodorina” soup (tomato) and the Chicken Milanese. The soup was rich, creamy and tasty and the Milanese was crispy and tender. The accompanying roasted potatoes were delicious and the salad was served on the side, rather than atop the cutlet, so there was no chance of it getting soggy. My partner had a delicious roasted mushroom soup, the day’s “Blackboard Special,” and the Chicken Scaloppini, served over capellini with mushrooms and prosciutto. Both dishes are made with an excellent lemon butter sauce. Don’t know that I’m ready to try the lasagna, again… maybe one day…

I’m so glad the management proved to be genuinely concerned about our first experience, enough to take action to ensure that our next visit was enjoyable, and definitely enough to draw us back for a repeat performance.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

I went here as a party of 4 the first time i went here service was very slow but when the food arrived it was excellent i dont know if it was because we called in on a quiet night the waiter said it was because they were training a new chef up

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We went here 4 times. Twice last year, recently twice. Two times last year met expectations. Stick with the staples; void seafood, lamb, steak, etc.

Now we have come back because the kids like it. It's terrible. Poor service, management, Four people had to see my meal before it got to me but they still served me a big piece of fat. I think something is going south there and they dont give a **** anymore. If the obvious isn't contained at a restaurant you really don't want to know what you AREN'T seeing.
Also included was a drowned salad and chicken cannelloni that had possibly turned.

1  Thank Crawdevil
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stopped on after seeing a commercial where the food looked delicious, wow were we disappointed.
Not alot to choose from on the menu, settled for pizza but was told the oven was broken. Tried the lobster stuffed clams...don't bother. I tasted hardly any seafood at all, a flec of what i think was supposed to be lobster, not a clam in site. All on a bed of salt that when you tried to pick up the dry filling it spilled into the salt and was inedible (more so than before).
HORRIBLE