“Big Mistake.......Poor Service,Cold Food and” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Clearwater, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big Mistake.......Poor Service,Cold Food and”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

My husband and I went to Romano's Macaroni Grill, as we had received a gift card from some friends and decided to eat at this location tonight for dinner. We should have gone to Chilies or elsewhere the card offered. It was horrible from the start....we should have left when we first arrived. We stood at the podium for at least 10 minutes before someone noticed us. We were seated and told that Laura would be our wait staff for the evening. Approximately 15 minutes later, Laura appeared, we placed drink and appetizer orders with her.......that was the last we saw of her for 20 minutes or so....to the point that my husband got up and got the seasoning for the Olive Oil for our bread. When the appetizer's arrived....they were cold and tasteless. We had ordered 2 Sangrias, it was horrible, but my husband drank his as he told the waitress to take mine away. Approximately, 20-30 minutes later, arrived our main course.....dried out Pasta as you could tell it had sit under the heat lamps for sometime......When Laura came back around we asked her to package mine up and my husband ate what he could of his and left the rest and said no Thank you. Being polite, I did let Laura know of our disappointment in the service, food and quality.....her only statement was "Sorry"......Sorry doesn't cut it. She never offered the management or anything else just brought the bill and left. As we were raised to be polite we left her a $20.00 tip on a $78.00 tab.....which was certainly not deserved. Needless, to say we will NOT be visiting this location again, we'll go to Chilies or elsewhere.
Regards,

1 Thank Lasting Impress... C

Clearwater, Florida
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Wife and I had lunch here on a Wednesday in September. Lasagrna Bolognese was just ordinary. Mom's Spaghetti and Meat Balls was not like mom used to make. Spaghetti sauce was flat. Fresh bread was good. Didn't order a salad because of the extra $3.00 cost. Ordered a soft drink which was received but charge was not put on bill. I pointed this out to the waiter and paid for the drink. Had to wait for our ticket even though the place was practically empty. Charge of $28.00 was about what you expect to pay for two lunches but put $6.00 on top of that for salads and you're up to $34.00 for an average meal. I doubt we will go back to this restaurant again.

• Visited September 2012
New Port Richey, Florida
“Second Time’s the Charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Our first trip to this restaurant was a disappointment. Dry lasagna, inept service. A manager who was too busy running food to see that his diners were not being taken care of. Not a disaster, but far from stellar. Nothing to really draw us back. But, I was familiar with Romano’s in New Jersey, and knew they could do better, so I sent them an e-mail. Two days later I received a call from the District Manager, who questioned me in detail about my dining experience and seemed genuinely interested in my opinions. He also sent me certificates to come back and try them again.

I’m happy to say that our second experience was a great improvement. Ironically, we had the same server, who had greatly improved with some training reinforcement. Bread arrived just before the soups, and a light dipping sauce was made with freshly ground pepper and the restaurant’s excellent brand of olive oil. I ordered “Pomodorina” soup (tomato) and the Chicken Milanese. The soup was rich, creamy and tasty and the Milanese was crispy and tender. The accompanying roasted potatoes were delicious and the salad was served on the side, rather than atop the cutlet, so there was no chance of it getting soggy. My partner had a delicious roasted mushroom soup, the day’s “Blackboard Special,” and the Chicken Scaloppini, served over capellini with mushrooms and prosciutto. Both dishes are made with an excellent lemon butter sauce. Don’t know that I’m ready to try the lasagna, again… maybe one day…

I’m so glad the management proved to be genuinely concerned about our first experience, enough to take action to ensure that our next visit was enjoyable, and definitely enough to draw us back for a repeat performance.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
leigh nr wigan
“Food was excellent but service was dissapointing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

I went here as a party of 4 the first time i went here service was very slow but when the food arrived it was excellent i dont know if it was because we called in on a quiet night the waiter said it was because they were training a new chef up

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Something's wrong. Don't eat here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We went here 4 times. Twice last year, recently twice. Two times last year met expectations. Stick with the staples; void seafood, lamb, steak, etc.

Now we have come back because the kids like it. It's terrible. Poor service, management, Four people had to see my meal before it got to me but they still served me a big piece of fat. I think something is going south there and they dont give a **** anymore. If the obvious isn't contained at a restaurant you really don't want to know what you AREN'T seeing.
Also included was a drowned salad and chicken cannelloni that had possibly turned.

• Visited June 2012