“GREAT food and wonderful service!”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We hadn't been to Romano's Macaroni Grill in a while, so we went on Saturday night for dinner. The service was outstanding, and the food, even better than the last time. The warm house bread and salad were delish! My pasta dish with shrimp, spinach, mushrooms, and a light butter sauce with wonderful spices was superior. The servings were not overwhelmingly big, which I like. I would also recommend this for a family dinner.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I've eaten at the Romano's Macaroni Grill in Brandon, so I was familiar with the menu items, pricing, etc., and did not have very high expectations to begin with. However, after eating there Saturday evening, I wouldn't recommend anyone spend money and time eating out at this restaurant. Although the service was excellent, our group wasted a ton of money on absolutely terrible food. My husband's chicken marsala was the worst he has ever eaten, and that's all he usually orders at Italian restaurants. My chicken/pasta dish consisted of a giant bowl of macaroni, and about 8 little pieces of chicken -- . As a previous reviewer commented, you don't expect quality Italian food in Florida -- you go to New York, New Jersey, or elsewhere in the Northeast for that. However, even with those low expectations, I was shocked by the poor quality of food served in this place. I would urge anyone considering on eating there to just go elsewhere.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

we always enjoyed dining here but now the slow service , sticky Alfredo with chicken you needed a microscope to find among other things is unacceptable. . By the time you pay for the salad that does not come with their meals, you can dine at a much nicer place for less money.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

My husband and I went to Romano's Macaroni Grill, as we had received a gift card from some friends and decided to eat at this location tonight for dinner. We should have gone to Chilies or elsewhere the card offered. It was horrible from the start....we should have left when we first arrived. We stood at the podium for at least 10 minutes before someone noticed us. We were seated and told that Laura would be our wait staff for the evening. Approximately 15 minutes later, Laura appeared, we placed drink and appetizer orders with her.......that was the last we saw of her for 20 minutes or so....to the point that my husband got up and got the seasoning for the Olive Oil for our bread. When the appetizer's arrived....they were cold and tasteless. We had ordered 2 Sangrias, it was horrible, but my husband drank his as he told the waitress to take mine away. Approximately, 20-30 minutes later, arrived our main course.....dried out Pasta as you could tell it had sit under the heat lamps for sometime......When Laura came back around we asked her to package mine up and my husband ate what he could of his and left the rest and said no Thank you. Being polite, I did let Laura know of our disappointment in the service, food and quality.....her only statement was "Sorry"......Sorry doesn't cut it. She never offered the management or anything else just brought the bill and left. As we were raised to be polite we left her a $20.00 tip on a $78.00 tab.....which was certainly not deserved. Needless, to say we will NOT be visiting this location again, we'll go to Chilies or elsewhere.
Regards,

Katherine L. Collins
PO Box 6936
Clearwater, FL 33768

1  Thank Lasting Impress... C
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Wife and I had lunch here on a Wednesday in September. Lasagrna Bolognese was just ordinary. Mom's Spaghetti and Meat Balls was not like mom used to make. Spaghetti sauce was flat. Fresh bread was good. Didn't order a salad because of the extra $3.00 cost. Ordered a soft drink which was received but charge was not put on bill. I pointed this out to the waiter and paid for the drink. Had to wait for our ticket even though the place was practically empty. Charge of $28.00 was about what you expect to pay for two lunches but put $6.00 on top of that for salads and you're up to $34.00 for an average meal. I doubt we will go back to this restaurant again.