“Served my purposes”

Ranked #76 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Petit Roche, AR
“Served my purposes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2006

I stayed here for three nights and had a perfectly satisfactory experience. The advantages of this hotel are the close proximity to dining and shopping along Hwy 19, and the stable (but unsecure) in-room wireless internet access.

The air conditioning worked very well, and the free continental breakfast included a wide range of options. I'd stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank DrRingDing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Norristown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2006

Stayed 2 nights in Novemeber of 06. Moved here from the Econo Lodge in Clearwater Beach. I really enjoyed my 2 nights here. I slept well despite the highway being outside. The double bed room I stayed in was big and clean. I had wireless internet access and I was very pleased with the room. Was only 2 miles from the Phillies spring training facility and only 15 minutes from Clearwater Beach. There were plenty of resturants and activities to do around the hotel. Route 19 is a main highway so it was very accessible to everything and I didn't hit traffic at all. It's not a 5 star resort but it reasonably priced, the front desk was friendly and the room was comfortable. I would recommend staying here over paying those high prices for other hotels this one can povide. If I go to Clearwater again I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank mattaltieri7
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2006

We stayed here one night on our way up the west coast of Florida - and didn't sleep a wink. The air conditioner in this room sounded like a 747 taking off - and to think I was worried about being kept awake by the traffic on the 6 lane highway outside.... definitely would not stay here again, solely for that reason. Apart from that, service was ok, and breakfast wasn't bad either.

• Disliked — The noise!!!!
  • Tips/Secrets — There are a bunch of hotels in the area - pick one off the main highway
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
clearwaterhojo, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Clearwater FL, responded to this review, 17 July 2009
We are currently in the process of upgrading all our Air Conditioners to new easier to operate digital Models. Please be patient with our transformation.

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

West Drayton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2006

Having booked in June '05 I was worried to read that a few people had not had their bookings recognised when checking in at the hotel. We were staying in our villa at Glenbrook (Clermont) and my daughter wanted to go to Clearwater for her birthday.

Rang the hotel and was pleased to hear we still had a booking. On arrival we found the hotel had changed it's name. Unfortuantely, it took three attempts to find a suitable room. The first one they sent us to on the 3rd floor didn't have enough beds and stunk of smoke.

The second one wasn't ready and smelt even worse, finally they gave us 309, which was spotless. Last year we had a tv in each section of the divided room, not this year though. There were not enough towels for the 5 of us, and when I rang down I was told to bring the other towels down before I could have anymore. The pillows were like bricks and there was only 4, there were 5 of us in the room. I was told, as housekeeping had gone home I could not get any more Pillows! ($205 + 11% tax per night)

The beach and sunsets from the balcony were brilliant as usual, only downside is half the building are demoliton sites as you walk along the front. It has taken a lot of people away from the area and even though it was Spring Break it was pretty empty.

We were glad to get back to our villa and checked out after only 2 nights instead of 3.

1 Thank UXB3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwater
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
#2 of 3 in Palm Harbor
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#61 of 96 in Clearwater

Been to Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Clearwater FL? Share your experiences!