“Perfect Place to Stay”
Review of Amber Tides Motel

Amber Tides Motel
Ranked #31 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We recently stayed at this lovely motel. Joe was a wonderful host. The room was very clean & comfortable. The atmosphere was super for us nature lovers with lots of plants. Although the location is in the midst of many other buildings, we felt like we were in a tropical paradise. We shared with family & friends, if you looking for a place to stay in this area, we highly recommend Amber Tides Motel. Thank You! Your new fans - Michele & Fabian

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michele K

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Nice place, typical of smaller, privately owned FL beach motels. The bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was clean. I did recommend to the manager that they install a towel rack and place to put your soap/shampoo while in the shower. No phone in this room, but I could only imagine that senior citizens staying here would miss it (other rooms do have them, be sure to ask for a phone if you need it). Free (WPA password-protected) wifi worked fine. For the price, it is a fine choice. Free parking permit. Laundry access available via arrangement with the manager. I stayed in the "new wing" on the East side. Swimming pool is just a few feet from your front door in case you get the urge to cool off.

1  Thank MCHandyman
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I loved it here!! Today is our last day day of 12. I wouldn't go anywhere else if ever I come this way on vacation again. The manager Joe is an allaround awesome person!! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Quiet, yet the action is a 2 min walk. Loved, loved, loved it here!!

1  Thank Geraldine C
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had a nice stay here, the bed was very comfortable, the room was cool and clean, it was quiet, unlike many places we have stayed, the water pressure in shower was to die for! Wish I had that at home! The pool looked very nice and inviting, but we didn't have time to enjoy it. And the service coud not have been any better, we were treated extremely nice!! Thank you Joe for your kindness, it was much appreciated!! We would definitely stay here again, and close to the beach!
No complaints!!

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came to clear water for my sons wedding. The hotel was very accommodating, clean and wonderful location. We may not have been on the beach but we were only a block away.. close to everything we needed.
You get the 50 's retro vibe from this wonderful spot on the island. We were never bothered or even hear anyone else. And there were other guest. The pool was delightful in the evening.
Joe is a very hospitable ... Thanks, Joe....we will be back to your wonderful spot..

1  Thank rockinhottietammy
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I recently spend 4 days at this hotel, I booked 5 rooms for us and few of our friends and family, we had an amazing time there, I have been going to the same hotel for a few years and I love it. The amenities are great, they have grills available, nice pools, the rooms had been renovated and the management is very accommodating , thank you Joe for a great time. I will go see you again soon !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms by second pool are roomier !!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mari S
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I went to Clearwater Beach with a couple of friends and we booked 2 rooms at this motel. The location was very good and it was close to the end of the beach area where we spent most of the weekend. The room I stayed in was fairly big and both beds and couch were comfortable. I think a cleaner bathroom would have made the impression even better though, since it looked just a bit dirty. It was also pretty quiet there and the road barely had any traffic. I didn't try the pool out, so I can't say much about it but it looked clean. When you are there the beach will most likely be of greater interest anyhow so I doubt it matters. A plus was that it didn't smell like smoke, as it so often does in older motels. Note that the check out is at 10 am, so it's a bit earlier than most places I'v been to.

One of the best things about this place is as indicated by others before me the owner and manager Joe, who really seemed to enjoy his job and take pride in the place. He was always around and could help us with whatever we were missing, which made the experience all the better. If this is the cheapest you can find I would definitely recommend it. I believe it's worth a visit. If I would ever come back to Clearwater Beach I'd most likely go back, if the price was right. And the beach really is close by, and a few nice restaurants with live music as well. So come try it out and have a great time!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends