The grounds are beautiful, you will be hard pressed to find anything nicer! Well kept, clean, 2 pools- both are maintained perfectly and are immaculate. Nice and private for spending time outside, area's are separated into small romantic settings. Lots of Palm trees, reminds me of Elvis' beach movies from the 60's. This also brings me to the drawback, even though there has been some updating to the rooms, they are still in the 70's. Joe the manager makes up for the "old" rooms with his friendliness. He is very helpful and makes up for the inadequacies of the rooms. Great location, a short walk directly to the beach or downtown but far enough removed for a quiet and safe stay. I would rate this motel at the top if not for the rooms themselves but who goes to Florida in Feb to be indoors? Joe and the grounds more than make up for the difference and this alone makes it a great place to stay. There are 2 gas grills to use also, both well maintained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Back under German Management, Ulli & Michelle. Our Motel is located two blocks from Clearwater South Beach, less then 5 minutes walk to the Beach, Restaurants, Bars and Shopping. If you like the Key West feel you will love staying at our quaintly accomodated property with the tropically landscaped pool area. We have grills and sitting areas nestled in the palms for that island feel. All our rooms are non-smoking. We do allow smoking outside of the rooms and around the courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Amber Tides Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amber Tides Hotel Clearwater
- Amber Tides Clearwater
- Amber Tides Motel Clearwater, Florida