“Not expensive but not that great ...”
Review of Gulfway Inn

Gulfway Inn
Ranked #66 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Tournan-en-Brie, France
“Not expensive but not that great ...”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed for only one night. When we entered the room, its smell hit us, a very strong smell of cleaning product. It is almost like if someone went sick in that room, or smoked (when it was a non-smoking one), and they tried to hide the smell with a lot of cleaning product.
I had a really hard time to sleep, and even opening all the windows didn't do anything. I woke up with a strong head-ache, and was really disappointed.
Other than that, the room was big and comfy, and even if the bathroom was a bit small, it was ok!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Efw28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Luray, Virginia
Reviewed 9 March 2013

i again stayed here for a couple of days for a swim meet at the nearby long center pool and i had a great time here. loved my clean, comfortable room and nice soft bed, where i slept well. loved the heated swim pool and jacuzzi, so nice, very clean and well maintained. the staff was very helpful making sure everything was fine. i highly recommend this motel. wish i was still there now.

Room Tip: non smoking rooms are the best both 1rst and 2nd floor rooms are great!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MALCOLMSMOMLuray_va_
Lebanon, NJ
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stayed here for one night, by myself, and found the motel adequate and clean. However, I doubt that I would bring my family there. The office stinks of curry or some strange incense from some faraway land. The room was clean and had no such odors, but it is somewhat old and worn. As a single traveler, I have absolutely no complaints. Had a good night's sleep and hot shower, which is all I require. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: After smelling the office, I asked to see (and smell) my non-smoking room before committing. I defi...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed two nights here on a business trip with my dad accompanying me. While I was away, dad watched the Phillies practice which was just over a mile walk away. The room was clean, but there was some evidence of past renters taking advantage such as the room being marked "No Smoking" but the nightstand having cigarette burns, but the room smelled fresh and clean. The staff was very helpful. The area is great, too. There is a Publix next door as well as a small restaurant, and ice cream shop and across the street are a couple of fast food places.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This is our second year to stay at The Gulf Way Inn and we couldn't be happier. The owner (Victor) is very accomadating and friendly, clean rooms, beautiful pool. We will definately be back next year, we stay for six weeks.
Lloyd & Sandy W
Canada

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

Although the owners were friendly, my girlfriend and I did not enjoy our stay. The suite was big enough. But everything from the pillows to the cabinets even the mattress was stained. The beds were very firm. The pillows were too used. The "free wifi and breakfast" was a joke as well. None of our devices could pick up the signal for more than a few seconds. The free breakfast was acrually just a box of Walmart pastries. All in all it was not enjoyable and wouldn't recommend this place.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joshua M

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I recently stayed at this small family-run motel for four nights based on previous reviews. Though our room was adequate and quiet, we never felt very comfortable. I couldn't miss the signs of neglect and uncleanliness everywhere. The chairs had food stains and particles stuck on them. The bathroom paint was scratched and the grout was dirty. The furniture and doors were scuffed and marred. Wi-fi and breakfast and were supposed to be included however, I never received a signal in my room and breakfast consisted of only coffee and danishes. The pool looked clean but we never used it because of the weather. The price and availability were our main considerations at the time but I will look elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family