“worth a try”

The Harbor Grille
Ranked #367 of 719 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Reviewed 13 January 2014

good food and a nice view- try for dinner as the sun is going down. lots of food for the money. It was good enough that we stopped our routine of trying different places each night and went there twice out of 4 nights.

Reviewed 27 April 2007

we stayed at the Marriott Clearwater Beach hotel (which was great!), and one night walked down to Piloscio's for dinner on the convenient boardwalk. Without getting into too many boring details, we spent OVER an HOUR waiting to get a very basic half cheese half sausage pizza for our family of 2 adults and 3 small kids. We saw tables (much larger than ours) of people come, order, eat, and leave before we ever even got our pizza! It was ridiculous! my husband also ordered the lasagna and the two of us ordered a side salad, which finally came after about 20 minutes. The lasagna arrived after about 45 minutes, and when we asked the waitress about our pizza, we got the distinct impression that she never put in the order. you'd think they'd put it in IMMEDIATELY to rectify the situation, but they did not. I think after we asked about it (1/2 hour had already transpired), it took about 40 more minutes to get it! It was amazing that our very hungry kids were able to hold it together for that long without food. The waitress brought us some bread and seemed apologetic until the bill came. They did not comp ANYTHING on our bill for the ridiculously long wait (and the pizza wasn't anything special, so I can't even say it was worth the wait). I told my husband I wasn't up for a confrontation, let's just pay and get the heck out of there, but he was not to be deterred. The kids and I waited outside, whereupon we met a few tables of people who were also nearing the 1/2 hour mark of even being APPROACHED by the waitstaff to take an order (!), and we told them plainly that they will probably have another hour wait to actually see any food after they ordered (I think they left after our conversation). I could not believe when my husband finally came out of the restaurant that the waitress FOUGHT with him about the bill!!!! I believe our bill came to around $50 (with tip already included in the amount, which irked us too), and after arguing heartily with the waitress, she finally comped us the lasagna (around $8).

It's too bad they couldn't have their act together; it is a very convenient restaurant to the high-priced Marriott restaurants, but i'm sure we aren't the only ones to find that the service here was terrible!! I would never recommend this mediocre-tasting Italian restaurant unless you WANT to wait the better part of an evening to eat your dinner!

1  Thank cmives