“It was okay but probably would not stay again”

Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort
Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Anniston, Alabama, United States
“It was okay but probably would not stay again”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We arrived at Clearwater beach after dark. We were tired from driving all day so chose Pelican Pointe because it was the first one we came to. The hotel is old and outdated. It was clean and neat. The staff was nice and efficient. We only stayed one night. Would not have stayed longer. Wanted something a little nicer. I asked for the gulf view and was charged $10.00 extra. We were surprised the next morning that the gulf was barley visible. Not worth $10.00 extra!

1 Thank Elaine H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I would highly recommend a stay at the pelican pointe hotel. It was clean and close to the beach. The staff was very helpful and nice. The pool was being repaired but look very nice. The hotel is in a great location. We didn't need to rent a car as there was everything we needed within walking distance.

Room Tip: They didn't have a fitness center or resturant.

1 Thank Paula G
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed at this venue for a short visit to see family in the Tampa area. The rooms are comfortable with all your basic amenities. The bed was large and comfortable and all of the staff I encountered incredibly friendly and helpful. The property has a pool that I did not get to use(it was chilly) but was well maintained and you had access to washer/dryers on the property. The location was excellent and you could be at the beach in less than 5 minutes on foot. Free parking was a plug for me and easy access to/fro the property. This place won't blow you away but it is comfortable, priced reasonable and very convenient location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank chinomad60640
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Nice friendly staff, great location, fantastic value...you get a suite that sleeps 6 with a kitchen for a price less than most hotels charge for a single bed...and you are walking distance to the beach.

Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This was a great place to stay. My only reason for 4 stars rather than 5 is because they re-use stained linens and towels and the air conditioner was kinda loud when the condenser kicked on and woke me up throughout the night. but then again I am a light sleeper anyways. Over all though its a very nice clean place and very kind staff. Also an absolutely great location on the beach. Its definitely priced right.

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floors have the best view.

1 Thank James B
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Regardless of how I feel about this rental, I must say, that the owner of the unit I rented was extremely kind, and very easy to work with. He wanted my husband and I to have the best stay possible - even took a tense email from me during our stay and was quite kind in his response.
FRONT DESK: not overly friendly. During our stay I called the office to complain of noise, and I felt was treated like I was overreacting, but was told security would walk up by our room. Unsure if this happened.
I have used vrbo.com for many of my trips across the U.S. This by far, was the biggest let-down. It is a hotel room...nothing that spectacular. The location is great, but no real view since giant buildings have been (and are being) built across the street that tower over this resort and block the view.
We had a drippy faucet, and had to remove the plug to get the water to drain. The safe didn't work at all; so I had to lock my valuables in my trunk every time we left the room.We couldn't get the temp regulated very well; it was either too cold or too hot. The biggest compliant I have is that the walls are extremely thin. We had to listen to our neighbors fighting in another language most every night we were there, and they would take our outdoor chairs from in front of our room, or just sit there in front of our room. Also, there was a group of young people who were partying their brains out (yelling and screaming).. finally died down about 1a.
The place was clean, with a note to the owner - outside the back window, beside the building should be tidied up. One other annoyance...they wouldn't make our bed since I had a t-shirt sitting on the end of the bed. 1. All covers/bedding could have been pulled up to make the bed without worrying about my shirt. 2. I have stayed in 5 star hotels that just fold up my shirt and make the bed. I probably wouldn't stay here again based on how noisy it is (you hear every bus drive by, too, sound like airplanes), but the location was great.

Room Tip: if you will not be in your room much, and can sleep through anything, this is the place for you. If...

Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 10 January 2014

definitely not somewhere I would stay again... the pictures are much nicer than the actual rooms. Decent at best. There was no breakfast (which we were told on check in there was) - bad coffee only. The lady working the late shift was very nice. Be sure to call once you make your reservation - they don't get the reservations done online!