“First trip to Clearwater Beach!”

Pelican Pointe Hotel and Resort
Ranked #11 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great location, price and they allow smoking on the balcony and in the pool area. It is hard to find a place that allows smoking on the property. The staff is super friendly and nice! We had a queen bed and sofa. It was only me and my husband so there was plenty of room. The only minor problem was the air conditioner did not cool off the area where the sofa was because of the half wall. Very clean property. Nice pool and comfortable bed. They even supply towels for the pool and the beach. We stayed four nights and everything was perfect!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had a great stay at this hotel. It had a good TV, comfortable bed, and you had a view of water from the front porch. They supplied bowls, plates, glass cups, and utensils. Everything was really clean and the staff were friendly. Gave goood suggestions. They even let us park there after we checked out to hang out at the beach some more. With its low rates I actually had lower expectations but overall my stay was great. Reason could be due to its 5 min walk to the beach but it was fine. And I accidentally took a rag please don't charge me for it Pelican Pointe :)

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014

It's a great spot if your on a budget. The staff is so friendly and the rooms are set up great. The pool really could have been cleaner that was the one thing that bothered me. But again it's more of a budget hotel and it's in a great location for all attractions. I go here for an affordable stay-vacation and it fits 4 of my friends comfortably. We also stayed with 3 kids and it was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here for one night during an Orlando holiday. I choose this hotel because of the price and the fact the rooms take 5 people.

We arrived just as a big storm was starting which was quite scary. Reception staff were very helpful and friendly.

I was a bit disappointed by the room as I had thought it would be bigger. We did have 2 beds and a bed sofa. We did find that when we made the bed sofa up late on the mattress was very thin. My son couldn't sleep on it as it was and reception was closed so we had to pad it out with every available towel, sheet etc we could find.

The air con was very noisy and there were other guests making a noise outside which was a bit intimidating.

However, that said, the location is lovely and handy, the staff great, the kids loved the pool and it was great value. For an overnight stay it was fine but I wouldn't like to think I was stopping any longer.

Room Tip: We had a 4th floor room with a nice view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The Staff was friendly and efficient and very helpful. The room was very nice. We had requested 2 queen beds, which we had. There was also a futon, 2 TV's, microwave, small refrigerator and real plates, cups and silverware.

Additionally, they provided towels for the pool and beach towels for the beach. This will be the place we go to the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Trebor405
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Everything was as described on their website. The staff was helpful and very friendly. We loved the location!; close to the beach, restaurants and not far from Pier 60. I would definitely come again. Great value!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joe D
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Room was clean, bed comfortable, staff was friendly and helpful. Close to the beach which is good cause parking was very limited. Enjoyed the pool and all the floats provided. Good location and the price was right.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family