“Great selection of beers”
Review of Yard of Ale Gastro Pub - CLOSED

Yard of Ale Gastro Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 February 2014

30+ beers on tap, and an interesting menu (tuna tartare, flatbread pizzas, etc). Can get busy for happy hour.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The girlfriend and I went here Valentine's night for a couple drinks and some live music. We were so glad we did. They had a more than decent size beer selection, and Chris the bartender knew his stuff about them all. Try the barleywine beer! The band was jammin' the southern-fried rock!! Great place. We'll be back.

1  Thank chrisjbrucci
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Had a great time here,dont Forget to check out the nightclub upstairs before leaving. Only complaint is that I was charged twice for the same order. Keep your receipts and watch the bartender.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

So, pub = small, cozy, booths, maybe a fireplace? This place is cavernous, noisy, with tv's blaring. Definitely a place for 20 something's. First time I've been disappointed in reviews from TripAdvisor. :(. Service was slow. We started in the bar and when the waiter brought my wine, it was red and not the Pinot Grigio I ordered. He did make it right, but not before telling me I had ordered a Pinot Noir. Really? Even if that were true, perhaps the waiter might not mention it...and isn't it possible HE made a mistake? Guess not...lettuce wedge was crisp, but very sparse on the toppings and plain old iceberg lettuce lacks a little something. My husband's burger was a little overcooked, but tasty. My portobello mushroom wrap good and our friends' salmon had a lovely presentation.

1  Thank Jeanne N
Reviewed 7 January 2014

dropped by Yard of Ale Gastro Pub in Clearwater on January 3. Wings were excellent, very large and tasty. Calamari was freshly made and while the special sauces created by the chef are good, I prefer old fashion marinara sauce, which wasn't offered. I chose this restaurant for the brews. There is a very large selection at fair prices. However, I ordered a Sierra Nevada and it arrived flat. I brought this to the waitres's attention. Surprisingly, she said she thought it looked flat too. I took it up to the bartender who also said he thought it was flat. (so question is.. why serve it?) Bartender ran a couple of more glasses from the tap and finally a fresh glass was drawn.
This hiccup wasn't enough to keep me from recommending the place or going back myself. Hopefully, staff will learn to recognize issues such as this and take actions on the front end.