“Great Experience. Very satisfied” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N
Ranked #60 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Columbia, Maryland
“Great Experience. Very satisfied”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here over Memorial Day Weekend while visiting Clearwater Beach. Our room was clean, the hallway's were clean. My kids loved the free WiFi. The hotel is conveniently located near the major highways and Clearwater Beach. Their were good restaurants in the area as well as gas stations and Target. We swam in the pool everyday. It was small for the amount of people there but I credit that to being Memorial Day weekend. Everything was very clean. The hotel was at capacity so the breakfast area got very crowded in the morning. We ate early so we didn't have to stay in line. By the time we were done, the line was pretty long. They ran out of milk cartons on Sunday morning so they substituted with putting milk in pitchers for the people. The front desk staff was very nice. We would definitely stay here again when visiting the Fl area.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor facing the pool area. It was very quiet. I would recommend it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shantia, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest:
It is amazing how observant you were, and you touched every aspect of the hotel. Thank you for your comments. We are extremely pleased that we provided you with a GREAT HOTEL GUESTS LOVE.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to be of service to you again, and in the meantime, we hope you will recommend us to your relatives and friends.

Thanks again, Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights while we went to the Clearwater beach. We booked with Hotwire and got a fabulous rate which included free parking, breakfast and wifi.
Our first room was great but AC wasn't working so one quick call to front desk and they came to check it out. The AC couldn't be fixed so they came back moments later with a luggage cart and new keys. We were given an upgraded executive suite for our whole stay (no charge) I was very impressed by the hotel staff and great experience we had.
Thanks again!

Stayed May 2014
Shantia, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Guest. Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with the rest of us. We appreciate you and the fact that you think it is important to let your fellow guests know of the prompt and great services provided to our guests.

We are happy that our staff did exactly what is expected of them...great service, prompt service and I am it was with a smile.

GM
Clinton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Spent the night before driving down to south Florida. Our room was clean and spacious. I booked the hotel through Hotwire and paid $100 for the night. Hotel is conveniently located near rt 275 and Clearwater beach. Free breakfast was also adequate. They offered fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon and other breakfast items.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the wonderful review. Our hotel is very conveniently located, clean, and really accommodating

We are central to everything and everywhere her in the Clearwater area. We hope to see you again when you can spend a little more time with us, so that you can experience a truly wonderful experience here at our hotel. Our staff work diligently to make it what it is.

Manager
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was quoted a rate of $55 and in the end, was charged $84.69. Are your extra fees and taxes that high??? Almost $30.00!!!! So when I came back through Kennessaw later, I stayed at the Best Western who quoted a rate of 67.45 and only added on $9.45 for taxes. (total $76.90) Won't stay at Day's Inn ever again with that kind of add-on fees. Would appreciate an explanation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shantia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Miss M. Thank you so much for bringing this rate matter to our attention. I am sure there is some type of a mistake here. First of all, we cannot locate your reservation and that you stayed here. A couple of things might have happened, and although I am not sure we did anything wrong here, I still would like to apologize for your inconvenience.

That looks like a third party rate in which case we would not have been the one charging you.
And an FYI, taxes in our area is 12%.. which we would not have been the one charging you.

I hope this brings some clarity to your question, and once again, thank you for contacting us at the Holiday Inn in Clearwater . We value your feedback.

Shantia GM
Minot, North Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

The floor wasn't vacuumed good, There were no Kleenix's in the bathroom and no laundry bags for the dirty clothes. The blanket which was not needed had dirty spots on it. Not well appointed for a $200 a night room.
The breakfast appeared to be nice. I did not eat but when I mentioned to one of the workers that the coffee was not hot they immediately made a new pot. The desk people were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Neil G

Shantia GM
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights. I received a greatly discounted price through a third party website. My room was clean, tidy, and very quiet (with one exception which I will elaborate upon below) In addition, everything functioned properly. Although my interaction with the staff was very limited, they were very nice when we did interact.

Yes, there is some construction going on at the corner of US 19. I fail to see how the hotel can influence that though. My room was towards the back and I didn't hear a single thing.

Now some things that may be unique to me:

I like quiet. Perhaps, I value it a lot more than the average person but I do not go to a hotel to hear other guests, their ill-behaved children or their chatty dogs. Fortunately, everyone else was very quiet and I had zero problems during my stay.

What I did realize would be a problem very early on were the door locks and the way the doors close. The door closers they use basically close the door very slowly and then 6-8 inches before the door closes, they are allowed to literally slam shut. Guess what? This is very noisy and it can be heard in rooms 8 doors down!!! Even the most conscientious guests cannot close these doors quietly. I'm certain this will be passed off as being necessary because of some fire code or something but it is royally annoying. I think I can be trusted to know if my door is closed/locked or not. I actually felt bad opening and closing the door late at night as it is impossible to close quietly. The locks even click loudly too! I used ear plugs to solve the problem.

Lastly, I am not a fan of down pillows. They compress into virtually nothing after 1-2 minutes. They had 8 pillows in my room. They are marked soft/firm. If you are a fan of down pillows you will be in heaven.

Apart from my quirks this hotel is quite nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear dean r,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise and pillows. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Poorly staffed hotel. There was no printer, no copier. Staff said there has never been any of those items available for guests. Quarter roll of toilet paper in room & toilet stopped up right away. We had to get the plunger from the front desk & fix it ourselves. Staff wouldn't answer the phones when needing help. Construction zone & strip clubs nearby make this a place I would not want to stay at again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Goldenz,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We would like to obtain some additional information about your experience and have sent you a private message.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to hear from you soon.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels