“Lots of Room for the Money”

SpringHill Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater
Ranked #25 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 August 2013

If you need an extra bed and nice sitting area, this is the place. Great value and great location.
Nice people at check in and delicious breakfast with lots of choices. Hotel is clean and well maintained. Loved the fact there were TWO closets and TWO luggage racks. Wet bar with fridge, microwave and even 2 paper plates and 2 sets of plastic utensils. Large desk and plenty of lamps and well lighted room made for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Staying at SpringHill Suites by Marriott in the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area proved to be a excellent choice! Our family of 5 were visiting this area for the first time and the staff helped us with questions numerous times during our 6 day stay. At the front desk, Adrienne was a lifesaver helping us with our questions about our day planned to go to Universal Studios. Her suggestions and computer assistance helped make our trip smooth as could be. All the front desk employees helped us with directions of the area or requests. When we asked for anything extra it was brought within a few minutes. The housekeeping people were very friendly as well. I would stay there again anytime!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Thank Jennifer W W W ... W
Reviewed 8 July 2013

y Husband and I stayed here one night recently to be very close to the St. Petersburg/Clearwater airport as we had a very early flight. We have found a gem in Clearwater. The mini suite was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. From the check-in at the front desk to the man who delivered towels to us at the pool, (with thanks!) everyone had a terrific attitude and seemed happy working there. The price was very reasonable and we felt that this motel was just more upscale than most. If you have to get an early flight, the airport is right down the road...very easy.
We will plan to stay here again when we travel to the area. Thanks, Marriott for a job well done.

Room Tip: First floor king suite if you need to get up early and catch a plane. Very convenient to the front e...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pudge2028
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This hotel is situated close to the St. Pete airport but we did not find our room to be noisy. It is easy to find and the rooms are nice. Most of the front desk personnel are very nice. The dark haired man who checked me in was a bit odd. I am a very light sleeper and asked for a quiet room, on my reservation. . I am also a Marriott Gold and thus they typically take these requests seriously, as we are frequent travelers. When I arrived, I mentioned the request. He replied, " I do not know how I can assign you a quiet room as I do not know which room is the quietest." Well, I agree that he probably has not stayed in every room but, as a training issue, the management might have mentioned to him which side of the hotel is quieter. Some people do not care but others might! I actually thought he was joking but he was not. I guess I expect the front desk personnel to be a bit more accomodating to Marriott Gold members. It is not like I asked him for a PURPLE BED SPREAD...haha. Our stay was good and the rest of the staff was very nice. They continued to ask me if my room was suitable and it was!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This hotel was very clean, and the rooms were very nice. The hot breakfast was great too! I would definitely stay there again! The cleaning staff and the front desk were very helpful, and I love that they had a little snack shop that was open 24 hours.. The pool was also a big hit with my kids, it was perfect, and we even got to relax in the hot tub! Adrienne was very helpful; she even gave us sunscreen for the beach!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2013

An excellent value on a night's stay on the weekend. The suite includes microwave and refrigerator. The sitting area with a couch, chair, tables, and TV is separated from the sleeping area. We found it very clean. We took a room on an upper floor, far away from the elevator and front desk. There was no noise to speak of. That includes the nearby airport noise. The front desk clerk was friendly and gave us extra coffee when we asked. I would definitely stay at a Springhill suite again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The people who work here are the best. Adrienne was very helpful not only in getting things straightened out with Expedia but also with suggestions on things to do. The breakfast was perfect, well stocked and fresh food. I wish I could remember more names.

The rooms are very clean, even the hallways and entrance look well maintained. The hotel is located in an excellent area. There are several fast food restaurants close by and a CVS.

The only downside, and this wasn't an issue for me, is that St. Pete's airport is right next door. If you can fly into this airport it's a plus. If you're a light sleeper the fly-overs might wake you up.

The pool is very clean and there's never anyone there.

In summary I would highly recommend this hotel, the staff are the best and the hotel is very clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple