“Impressive”

SpringHill Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater
Ranked #26 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 December 2013

A pleasant stay. Not knowing the area I trusted Trip Advisor and was quite pleased. John welcomed me as a guest. He knows how to treat customers. He is knowledgeable, helpful and focused.
Katy prepared and served a breakfast beyond what I expected. She is cheerful and,like the entire staff, welcoming. Everyone was treated as her guest. She seemed truly glad we were there.
The housekeeping team assured a spotless room daily.
The only downside, and this has nothing to do with the hotel, is road construction. Looks as if every main road is being repaired and upgraded. Traffic is a problem. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the beach when the cars are moving. If not..relax. you'll be there a while. The way it looks the road maintenance will continue for months.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I reserved the hotel for my lab group and we stayed there for one night.
We have 6 adults and one kid. Every body like the place and enjoy the day a lot. Free breakfast and free wifi and free parking.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I was in Florida on a solo trip for interviews. I found the rating of this hotel to be high on tripadvisor, so I decided to stay here. I loved my room as soon as I walked in. The bed was so comfortable I stayed in it most of the time. The room was clean, spacious, tv was placed awkwardly but fridge and microwave were definitely a plus. I also got up for breakfast every morning which had a good variety. Made use of the exercise room to get rid of the pounds I've been gaining since interview season began. The only thing I didn't really like was the location is on a highway (with multiple hotels and businesses) so I didn't get to see the town I was in to get a feel of it. Oh and I spent an avg of 100/night which is a bit more expensive than some other places but it was money well spent. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it as a guaranteed safe bet.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank anusobanjo
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Quick check in, professional and friendly front desk clerk. Very informative of the area and directions we needed. Room was huge with a very comfortable bed and sheets. Everything was clean. Shower and a/c was great as well. The young lady taking care of the breakfast was outstanding. Very friendly.... Everything from fresh fruit, fresh oatmeal with optional raisins,brown sugar and several other things to add was a very big surprise, real eggs, hot waffles, sausage, it was all hot and ready to go before 7a.m. Most other places have just edible microwaved food which I don't eat it. We stay in many hotels for business trips and this one #1 on our list.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Upon our late arrival Octavio was great! Pleasant and professional. When we checked out John was just as nice and the woman who handled the breakfast area was very helpful. The bedding was great, especially the bed - wish we could buy one just like it! We also enjoyed the water softener. Too bad we only had one night to spend there! Thanks to all staff - job well done!

Room Tip: Seems all rooms would probably be good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed Nov 2, 2013. Our first impression was that it was very clean. The front desk personnel was very nice and helpful. We arrived early at 11:30 am, we just wanted to check it out for our 3:00 check in time and they let us check in. What a nice surprise! Our room (suite) was very nice and loved the comfortable bed and pillows. All the staff were very friendly. We had an early flight so we didn't get to enjoy the great breakfast they offer. This is one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed at. I will make sure we stay here again when we are in the area. All the staff deserve a huge thank you for keeping it so clean. Also, I booked this through Priceline and got a great rate of $45.

Room Tip: Clean and friendly
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed one night Nov 5th. Checked in late in the afternoon and Casey at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. He recommended a few places for dinner and then proceeded to tell us about the breakfast the hotel provided. I advised that we had to depart very early in the morning and would miss the breakfast. Once settled in our room, we had a knock at the door and it was Casey brining us some muffins and bottled waters, he said he did not want us to get on the plane with empty stomachs. Room was nice and clean, very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family