“Far from relaxing”

Gulfside Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: . Clearwater Beach Yacht & Boat Charters Take a few hours or a day off, relax, disconnect and cruise with us. Sunset Sea-kers offers luxury motor yacht charters from Clearwater Beach, Florida. Offered are day charters to various islands, lunch and romantic dinner charters, sunset cruises, wedding charters, snorkeling and shelling trips, "snuba" charters, kayaking and bareboat charters. Cruise with experienced and licensed Captain Spag who has captained for 20 years. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere while viewing wild Florida dolphins on a semi-private cruise. Captain Spag and his first mate, Sandy, also known as "Sweetie", will make sure you have a memorable experience. Sunset Sea-ker Charters has been in business in Clearwater Beach, Florida since 1977.
Concord Twp
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Far from relaxing”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

First, we weren't told that the location is not in the main area where all the other charters and rentals are. Our GPS said "you have arrived". It was the area where we had previously taken a Dolphin Site Seeing tour so we didn't question it. There are a bunch of charters and rental docks all over in that area. We got there about 20-25 minutes before the departure time. We paid $20 for parking in that area because there was a sand sculture event going on. I went into the restroom and when I came out my husband said "we're in the wrong area". My husband was running up and down the main drag asking people if they knew where this place was (by name and address). He eventually found it down a side street that changes names in the middle. We made it on time but only because we both had to RUN. Parking for the Dinner Cruise was literally across the street from the dock and FREE. It would've been nice if someone had let us know exactly where the place was and where to park. Then the real fun began. The cruise was with 2 other couples. The one couple was fairly young and the young lady was already looped. She was disappointed with Captain Spag that he had not told her that passengers were to bring their own beverages including alcohol. She only brought two bottles of wine and that wasn't enough apparently. She was so loud she was literally giving me a headache. Imagine high pitched helium voice on steroids. A friend of hers was the Captain's first mate and he was in serious need of a shower and deodorant. I was thrilled when they all went up front and sat with Captain Spag after dinner. I was in much need of quiet. Our sun set dinner cruise apparently turned into a dolphin site seeing tour when a few dolphins showed up. Captain Spag turned the boat away from the sunset (which was now behind us) so we could look for the dolphin. He remained in that position even though it was much more "rocky". I personally couldn't wait for the experience to be over. All in all, Captain Spag is very nice but the experience I'm afraid was far from relaxing or enjoyable.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank FunLovin1959
captainspag, Owner at Gulfside Adventures, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
In response to your Trip Advisor review, you stated that you did not know where the yacht slip was. The address is always on your promotional voucher which you have to bring with you for payment for the charter. It plainly says 333 Hamden Drive. Secondly, I always call and confirm the time and location with everyone on the day of the charter. With that phone call, I always tell customers to bring whatever they want to drink-alcohol or not. We do not serve alcohol on our charter. Most of the time we get responsible, mature adults that do not over indulge and act crazy. Sometimes couples grouped on our charters don't match up well, but that is actually rare. We are sorry you had a bad time on the charter. We do apologize for your confusion regarding the location. Thank you.

St. Pete Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dinner and three hour cruise.”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I wanted to give a review even though we were unable to get a reservation this time for our cruise.We have a winter home in St. Pete and the weather has been uncooperative , windy and rainy. I had bought a groupon coupon to use, but our time is up and we are returning to the North and the coupon expires soon. Joe at Gulfside adventures did everything he could to get us scheduled. We were able to get a refund through groupon. I want to thank Joe and let him know that we look forward to seeing you this winter for our cruise and the bottle of wine.

Visited March 2014
New Port Richey, Florida
“Fun with a Tin Lizzie”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had a great ride down Clearwater Beach in a Model T Ford today. Captain Spag drove us up and down Clearwater beach pointing out all the sites along the way. He stopped and took quite a few pictures of us with the car and e-mailed them to us later that day.

When he learned that I was interested in antique cars, Captain Spag took the time to explain all the controls on the car which are very different than today's cars. He even started the car with the crank handle on the front of the engine.

We stopped along the way to take the top down and enjoy the beautiful day.

We finished the event by having a great lunch while sitting at an outside table on the water.

Visited March 2014
Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Captain Spag is the best!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I've been on several charters with Captain Spag. Fabulous every time!. He is especially great with kids....teaching them about the boat and the ocean and all the sights. My niece & nephew loved him!!! I would recommend Gulfside Adventures to anyone!!!

Visited June 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Family charter”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My family came down from Canada and Guyana and we took them out on the Gulf with Captain Spag and his Sweetie . My family and I had a wonderful time , good food drinks and music by Shane Hussain; My family was ever so grateful to Capt Spag and his sweetie for making our trip on the Gulf very Memorable. We will be doing this again very soon when my family comes down from up north; I would recommend Gulfside Adventures to locals and tourists for Capt Spag gives you an awesome experience;

Visited August 2013