“Wonderful place to stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Frenchy's Oasis Motel
Ranked #4 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 26 June 2012

For 2 blocks off the beach on the marina side its worth it. Jim and Vickie are great! Got to meet the owner "frenchy" as well while at the pool. Pictures of the fun vibrant colors are very accurate and on the money. We stayed from June 20-27 during the tropical storm Debby and to my surprise we were safe being on the marina side! We will for sure be back and will for sure recommend this place to all!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Gorfurfan

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Frenchy's Oasis was a great place to stay. This was probably the cleanest motel/hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. As I rarely use the maid service in a hotel I appreciated the fact that the service was an option so the charge is not "built-in" to the room price. The location was great, a block and a half from the beach...close but away from the hustle and bustle. The pool was larger than it appeared in the photos and well maintained. I was surprised to see Frenchy on the premises so frequently; he is definitely not an absentee landlord.. If I ever get the chance to return to Clearwater Beach I will not hesitate to stay at Frenchy's.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank pannathae
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I have been vacationing in Clearwater Beach for 40 years and this was by far my worst experience. At $139/night, one would expect a gulf view. Upon checking in, the management could not have been nicer..but infortunately, the hospitality ended there. I called management @ 10:00 pm to complain about the horrendous noise from the family with small children in the room above us. At 11:00 pm, it was still a problem. Several nights later, I called once again to complain, left a message, and no return call. The children above our room were jumping so hard on their floor that our lights were flickering! If you are looking for a relaxing time away from home, you probably do not want to stay here. If you want daily housekeeping, add another $20/day and don't forget, the office is in the next door building..which I found very inconvenient!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Terry B
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Arrived after the office closed, but they answered the after hours number the first time and we were in right away. It was cool to swim in the pool via the front door and fish off the dock out the back door. Everything is brand new except the original terazzo floors, which took me back to my childhood.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Toni C
Reviewed 8 June 2012

This is a perfect Efficiency motel. The location was great - right on the intercoastal and only a short walk to the gulf. The pool was clean, the rooms freshly painted and a good size, the staff was super friendly and helpful, and the price was right. We loved our week there and will be returning without question. We preferred not to have the additional daily maid service, but our towels were replaced as needed. The complimentary laundry services was a great addition. We enjoyed the motels fishing dock where egrets and pelicans would occasional land and loved the close proximity to restaurants and shops. Great place to stay, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lillian V
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Nice place and all but typical Frenchy's management, nobody answers the phone, never can find staff, the place lacks the charm and warm of a owner. Don't let the steet appeal catch you here, go down the street where they treat you like a customer. This place is a total joke!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Greg G
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I arrived to town without any reservations on Monday of Memorial day weekend to find slim-pickin's for rooms .... During the day Monday I checked out most, if not all of the options within 2 miles of Clearwater Beach ....Stayed one night elsewhere (don't even ask) and immediately moved camp to French's Oasis the next morning... Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Friendly staff! Rooms are pristine and it is obvious that absolutely every surface had been freshly painted or is brand new (which I can not say for the other "chain" options in the area) . Most if not all, of the rooms have a very nice kitchenette. While not on the beach it is on the ocean and only a few blocks from the beach. Also, upon checkin I was given coupons for each of the Frenchy's restaurants (I used each and every one and would highly recommend the shrimp diablo appetizer at Frenchy's South Beach. Daily maid service is offered for a fee but there is complimentary laundry services available. Wireless Internet service is available for no charge and a hard wired desktop is available in the lobby with a printer. Over all, a very nice relaxing experience.

Room Tip: First floor with balcony (# 3,4,5 or 6) would be my first pick.