“Absolutely Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Frenchy's Oasis Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Frenchy's Oasis Motel
Ranked #2 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Altrincham, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We usually stay at 5 star hotels but all were fully booked and by accident found this little gem of a motel. The staff are friendly, the view of the marina is fantastic and the whole place is clean and well maintained. The pool at the front is fabulous and this computer I am using to write the review is situated in a beautiful communal room with free wi fi and printing facilities. This place is top of the review listings for a reason - Thanks for the best stay on our tour so far and we will spread the word back in the UK.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank PeterScotson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

7/14/13-7/16/13
Came to Frenchy's Oasis for a couple days away. Loved my room #10. Great view, quiet, and had everything i needed and more. Bed was comfy. Property was so clean. Pool was sparkling. The lounge (living area to share) near the pool was so convenient and resourceful for me to be up late typing up my Bible study lessons i needed to present for 2 weeks. Printer was so handy. Leeann (manager) was not only professional, but very friendly and helpful. Thanks for a great stay. I travel a lot and was so comfortable there. I would stay a month if i could have my yorkie with me.
Ate at all the Frenchy's restaurants and used the comp tickets. Great scallops, grouper, and fish spread, shrimp diablo etc. etc. etc.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Suzi D
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed here at Frenchy's Oasis for 7 nights towards the end of June. It was fantastic. Have been a fan of Frenchy's resturants for years so when I saw Frenchy opened a motel I thought it would be an excellent place to say. We were not disappointed. I stayed with my 2 teenage daughters and we all loved it. The rooms, decor and friendliness of the staff were perfect. Ashley was especially nice and helpful. Originally from Dunedin but now living in VA I know where I'll be staying for all future visits when coming back home to visit family and friends. Well done Frenchy, we can always count on you to provide the best.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott C
st. louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We turned off the blackberries and watched the sun come up, enjoyed the pool and from the balcony in room 10 we watched the 4th of July Fireworks over the water. It was magical. So much so we hope to return every year. The place is clean and well managed.

Room Tip: Get room 10
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stlcardinals09
Mount Olive, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

We came to the beautiful city of Clearwater Beach from Illinois with our two children who are blind. Our original accommodations had overbooked and had nothing available for the first two nights of our stay. The office staff was able to contact the management of Frenchy's Oasis Motel and get a room for us. The staff was very helpful and accommodating, and welcomed us with open arms. The motel is charming with its retro design. The room was pristine and had everything we needed. The balcony provided a wonderful view of the bay, and the pool was relaxing. A large screen TV with blue ray player is in the room. The lounge by the pool has a vast collection of movies you can borrow. I will definitely plan a vacation with Frenchy's Oasis Motel has my choice of accommodations.

Room Tip: Room 16 on the second floor has an excellent view of the bay. Good for sunrise also.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Tammy P
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

My fiance and I do getaway 1 nighters all the time. We live 30 mins. north. Frenchy's Oasis blew me away. They had plenty of rooms (although mgt would have you believe otherwise). I had been wanting to stay here for awhile, our room, #10.. was EXACTLY as advertised and pictured, I was shocked at how clean and almost pristine the room was. It has NO clutter whatsoever. It's so clean and chic yet feels like a traditional 70's brand new Motel, sort of South Beach Miami meets Wildwood, NJ. The room had a terrazzo floor which ads to the cleanliness, all new EVERYTHING. Great little seating kitchen area... again.. new.The King bed was very comfortable, yet just a sheet and bedspread... hmmm IMO it felt like something was missing.The bathroom and separate vanity area are no frills, just clean, no bells and whistles.

The pool area is one of the best motel/boutique pools Ive ever seen. Great padded chairs, wonderfully and uncluttered landscaping. One BUMMER. You get stuck with Jimmy Buffet's Sirius satellite channel. Its not loud, just annoying after 2 hours. Buffet and Country over and over and over.. haha. We'll be back again and again. It's beautiful, mostly quiet, immaculately clean and well run. Thank you Oasis for a very nice night.

*one sidebar. The bar staff at the Frenchy's across the street is THE WORST. forget convenience and go elsewhere.... I had some little @#$%^ server complain out loud about a 22% tip. wow .. yes honey $36 x .22 = $8.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank coachray22
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Well, where do I start? At check in I guess? We followed the flip flop trail from our easy and convenient parking spot and found ourselves in the front office. We were greeted by Leann, who was bright, bubbly and very friendly and who made us feel right at home. We were given vouchers for free cocktails, my girlfriend Alex was totally delighted with ( she does like a drink or two lol ) and then shown to our room - Number 2. Room 2 I suspect, is the best room, with direct access to the dock and views to the other side of the Intercoastal. From the dock, I was able to see pelicans, cranes, dolphins and a variety of fish. The fish were jumping all over the place but, seemed totally underwhelmed by the lure that I was using, with the fishing gear that Leann kindly leant me lol! Our room was great, it had everything that you could need and was comfy and bright. The fridge was ice cold, everything was clean and modern and importantly for us, had none of the look of a boring "chain" hotel. Outside, the pool was great and everything was clean and tidy, with plenty of floats and towels - even a water pistol the I totally annoyed my girlfriend with!! The Lounge was a nice addition and had hundreds of Dvd's, a computer + printer and a fab coffes maker - all free.
I have to recommend the Frenchy's Salt Water Cafe over the road, as it was fantastic! Part of the same organisation, the food was lovely and the service fab to. We had dinner here 3 nights in a row, and it became our local. One tip if you are from the UK, when you go in to find a table, fill your name in on the "waiting for table list". We are not used to this and dutifully waited our turn, like good little Brits, whilst the locals were putting their names on this list and getting seated first. The local street and beach was great as well and of course, Hooters was a must, even though its probably more a guy thing?
To sum up, Our Frenchys experience was great. We were enjoying an I Drive, Orlando holiday, that although is good for the Parks etc, is a bit bland in terms of enjoying some West Coast American hospitality. We were more than happy to pay for 3 nights at Frenchys and leave our Quality Inn. In fact, we only booked two nights but decided on another day as it was so much fun
( and I was desperate to catch a fish ). I'm saddened to read the other reviews, as this was soooo not our experience? We met everyone, including the owner and everyone was super kind. Please don't judge Frenchys by those reviews, if I had, I probably wouldn't have booked and my holiday experience would have been poorer for it. Well done Frenchys - we would love to return one day and will as promised send you a postcard from home on our return. Ken and Alex Devon England

Room Tip: Room Two. Easy for the pool and a lovely private area by the dock.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple