“Very comfortable...not like staying at a big hotel.”

Camelot Beach Resort
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This is a small property (20 or so rooms) on the edge of the main area of Clearwarter Beach which is nice because you are away from all the congestion, but close enough to walk to all of the sights and sounds anytime you would like. The staff was friendly and courteous. Our room was just great...we stayed in a King studio, and me and my girlfriend felt as comfortable as could be...it didn't have the feel of staying in a hotel...in addition to a nice big comfortable bed it had a regular fridge and freezer, microwave, and small stove. We spent about $100/day eating out, but could saved a great deal money buying food and cooking some of our own meals (you can't do that in a regular hotel!)...we did buy some snacks and water which we kept in the fridge. We rented a car, but rarely used it (ran to the grocery store twice) because everything is so close. The pool was nice, the sundeck on the roof was nice (with a great big grill that I didn't get a chance to try out, but I will next time). We had a great time, and look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: The studios are fine for two people...plenty of space.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marcel C

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We purchased a groupon to stay here for four nights and paid for an additional night.

The location is AWESOME, right across from the beach and walking distance from the downtown area. There is a free golf cart "shuttle" that will take you into town with a quick call ahead. The management is very kind, friendly and helpful, including having our keys ready for us after closing since we got stuck in TERRIBLE two hour traffic just getting to the beach on Memorial Day weekend. The pool was excellent for the kids, with toys to play with and open late at night so after a long day of being sweaty outside at theme parks, the kids could come jump in and cool off. They loved swimming at night outside with just the pool lights on. You can tell that even though the motel is old that the managers have tried hard to keep it clean and have done some nice updates in the units. They were also willing to work with us when we were thinking about adding one more night (which we didn't do since everyone in our family got sick Friday night)

There were a couple of drawbacks that make us unsure if we would stay here again though. I know we only had a studio but the bathroom was TINY with no shelves on which to put anything. The shower was IMPOSSIBLE to move in and I had to actually stick my leg outside the shower to try to shave. A few shelves in the bathroom/shower would make things much easier. The other problem was the linoleum floors, which made sand a VERY big problem. Every night we had to completely strip the bed, shake out sand, and try to remake it. That was with us sweeping the room several times each day as well. I wonder if carpet would make that better. Also, maybe some hooks on which to hang wet towels would be very beneficial as well.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about the size of bathrooms when you ask about size of living space. It may be bett...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KristinW456
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This hotel is very good, it´s situated perfectly on the beach and close to all the city bars and restaurants. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Staff is as always very friendly and gives outstanding service!

Room Tip: I have stayed here 2 times now and tried different rooms, i would say that if you tell Vickie at the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gunnar W
Reviewed 28 May 2013

For us, the #1 benefit was the ability to have our little dog with us. After that it's a toss-up for what is better; location, value, or service. We were a little early for our week long stay, but Vicki had everything ready. No waiting around till 3 or 4:00 after a long drive from Ohio to be able to check in. It was great to have a pool just steps away from our door. Also, there is a very nice park next door that was extremely convenient for pets. Parking was limited, but the few times I used our car I never had a problem finding a space next to the hotel. Most of the time we walked everywhere we wanted to go. Even convenient for my morning walks. I was able to walk from the hotel, over the bridge to Clearwater and back with no problem - about 5 miles round trip. Wish I would have made reservations for 2 weeks instead of just 1. Next time!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank merz317
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Camelot is convenient to all the beach activities, restaurants and night life of Clearwater Beach. Have been here several times in the past 3 years and it is always well maintained, clean and a great value. Vickie is to be commended for making checkins convenient and easy. The pool is conveniently located in the middle of this small resort and is always relaxing when you need a break from the beach. Parking is sometimes limited, but adequate.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a beach view!! You will love the sunsets.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ron M
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I won a 7 night stay here in 2011 it was amazing then and when we planned this return trip, we knew where we wanted to stay! It is not right on the beach, but you can see it when you walk out the front door! The rooms are very clean and very well kept up. My husband loves the pool in the center of the hotel. It is CLEAN & Convenient for all things. There is a laundry mat next door, a convenient store and the Fire Station is across the street as well. My husband and i walk to everything in Clearwater Beach! It is that Convenient! You can lounge by the pool, enjoy your stay in your room or walk a block to the Beautiful White sandy beach! It is very affordable! If you are looking for a laid back nice convenient place to stay you have found it.! If you need anything while you are there just ask Vicki! She is a GREAT help!

You are only about .5 from the Downtown part of Clearwater Beach! You can NOT go wrong with staying at Camelot Beach Resort!!!!

Can't wait to get back down there and we just got back! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank RDNKWMN
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Camelot is the best you can find in Clearwater Beach for cleanliness, convenience and value, as well as great service to try and accommodate your travel plans. I stayed there for the second time and, like my first time the year before, found a clean motel with a relaxing atmosphere, outdoor pool convenient to all rooms, and plenty of amenities for a very affordable price. Our room, recently renovated in South Beach décor with furniture in great condition, was the perfect size for a couple on a week’s vacation. One block from the beach and two blocks from downtown, it was a great room in a great location for a great price. When I go to Clearwater Beach again in a few months, if there’s a room available at Camelot, I’m getting it, and that’s where I’m staying. - Ed DiMingo

Room Tip: Book early to be sure you get a room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends