“Wonderful little motel”

Camelot Beach Resort
Jupiter, Florida
“Wonderful little motel”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This was perfect for me and my husband and our friends. Clean large room. Everything you need if you wanted to cook. Right across from the beach, plenty of restaurants in the area.
Each room opens to the pool courtyard. We met several very nice guests. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We felt safe, and thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely. No elevator though.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gotrocks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for a week. Everyone was great!! The rooms were clean! The hotel is right across the street from north beach you don't need a car. The manager that I deal with was Wendy. She was great, friendly and she did her job well!!

Christine L

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank christine3692014
Culleoka, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Awesome that the beach was right across the street and other attractions where so close.
Nice park next door. Pool is very private and well maintained. Loved that my well-trained dog was welcome. The staff was nice at check-in.The only problem was that there was no maid service. We had to take our own trash out and go get fresh towels and linens. It would be great if yall had either security at night or locks on the outside doors. Would stay again!

Room Tip: upstairs rooms are more quite than downstairs.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here before we got married. And it really is like a small piece of Miami in Clearwater Beach, with the Art Deco motif. A very relaxing place to stay. And one cool feature is that your friends and relatives can see you at the pool if they access the poolside web cam!!! Vicky is as friendly and accommodating as they say. All in all a great experience on a low budget!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ben_brassard_1
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Thank you Vickie for setting the tone of our Honeymoon. Your smile, the peace and tranquility of the property and the over all ambience made our vacation experience unforgettable. We will definately make a return visit.

Room Tip: Each room is specially designed to fit your individual needs. The kitchenette and roof top grill is...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great location on Clearwater Beach, can park the car and walk every where. Property is kept neat and clean, staff is wonderful. There was a convenience store right next door to the Camelot with everything we needed. There's also a gas/convenience store across the street. Will definitely be a repeat customer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
North/Central Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed three nights. . .

First - the positives. . .

Customer service. From my first inquiring phone call to our stay, everyone we met/interacted with was kind, helpful, and welcoming. One woman - I'm not sure if she was a long-term resident or a weekend staff member - heard me say something to a friend about needing towels and she went into her unit and brought me what I needed.

Location - no - it's not scenic - but for the price, it's one block off of the beach. The rooms on the north face a park - the rooms on the south face a laundromat and convenience store. All rooms have windows that face the courtyard/pool. We easily walked back and forth from our unit several times while at the beach. And Vickie offered us chairs to take to the beach with us.

Safety - we felt like we were in a very safe area. Even being on street level - our unit faced the front sidewalk/main road - we didn't feel like we were unsafe. We let our teenagers walk around the area and back and forth to the beach. I walked early in the morning. My husband walked late at night. No worries.

Pool - The pool was very clean, no overly chlorinated, well-maintained. The pool deck was clean, as was all the deck furniture. The outdoor shower worked well and was clean.

Upper deck - There is an upper deck with a grill, some patio chairs, and a nice perspective of the area. It's not truly "scenic" as too many wires/poles get in the way, but it was a quiet place to have a phone conversation or enjoy watching the storms roll by.

Value - To put six people in one room/unit is not easy. Many resorts simply couldn't accommodate our family and those that could were outrageously priced. We were in a unit large enough to hold us all comfortably for half of what the big hotels were charging.

Kitchen - Our unit had a well-appointed kitchenette. Large refrigerator/freezer, microwave, small sink, coffee maker, stove top, pots/pans/dishes.

Areas of concern -

Accessibility - We were in unit 110. My son uses a wheelchair, and this is considered a handicapped accessible unit. There was plenty of room for my son to maneuver his wheelchair around the living area and into the master bedroom. The bathroom door was wide enough to accommodate him and there were grab bars by the toilet and in the shower. However, there was no pull down bench or stool for the shower. He is small enough and mobile enough that we could put him in the Jacuzzi tub to bathe - but an adult in a wheelchair would have a hard time showering.

Cleanliness - As others have said, these are not the cleanest units. Not, "oh my gosh, it's so dirty I cannot bear to stay here," but certainly not hotel grade clean. The ceramic floors needed a steam mop. They were likely swept before our arrival, but I'm certain they weren't washed. My feet were black after walking around barefoot for only a few hours. I realize this place is by the beach and that, naturally, it's going to be sandy and harder to keep clean - but there was no rug/mat either inside or outside the door, and everything that was tracked in eventually wound up in the beds as well.

Because these are considered "rental units" and not hotel rooms, there is not daily maid service - sheets are only changed/replaced on a weekly basis. The towels are not provided by a linen service - all of the towels in our unit were beige, and several of them were stained. Clean, yes. But stained.

In the kitchen of our unit, the wallpaper was peeled back in one section and mold/mildew was obviously visible underneath. The window sills/frames were also covered in black stains/mildew.

The living/dining area included a table and four chairs. The pads on the chairs were dirty and stained - in a unit that receives so much traffic, it would make more sense to have sturdy plastic furniture that can be wiped/disinfected.

The bathrooms were clean - per se - again, I was not afraid to use them. But the toilet in the master bath rocked noisily on its base. . . the toilet seats were pitted and worn. . . the shower curtain was too short, leaving the bathroom floor flooded with every shower. . . the faucet in the smaller bathroom was discolored and mildewed. Everything was surface clean. But just.

Beds/Comfort - This unit is advertised as sleeping six. We have four children. Two slept in one of the two beds in the bedroom with us - the other two slept on the sofa bed. This was not a hotel-grade sofa bed. These two children slept on sofa beds every night of our vacation - and this was one of four hotels/resorts at which we stayed on this vacation. This was the only bed about which they complained. Sand fell out of the bed as I opened it to set it up. My daughter sat at the foot of the bed and the mattress nearly fell through the frame. My 34-pound-son complained that the mattress was uncomfortable. You could not sleep two adults on this bed.

Overall - would I stay here again? Maybe. Maybe not. The location and price cannot be ignored, and the staff was very kind. If I was staying for several days, I would probably arrive prepared to spend my first hour or two cleaning the unit to my satisfaction. As we only spent three nights - two full days - in the unit, I didn't have time for that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family