“Fabulous!- even if Im out of a pair of shoes.”
Review of Sandpearl Resort

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
orlando
“Fabulous!- even if Im out of a pair of shoes.”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Clearwater Beach is a favorite get away of mine from Orlando. Its a short trip, the beaches are amazing white sugar sand. The water is Caribbean clean, and there is always lots to do in Tampa/Clearwater. The only problem is unless you are staying in a hotel there parking is big time impossible. This rules out a day trip.
Usually we stay at the Hilton. Its nice, but its seems they always screw up the reservations some how. They have always made good, but they do need to overhaul their corporate reservation center. The Sand Pearl is just North of the Hilton. It is a BIG step up. This place is sweet. Our room had the smell of brand new carpet and was squeaky clean. Everything looked as if it were new. The bed was excellent, sheets were like 300 threat count. The service was impeccable, complete with a turn down service in the evening. The door man in the lobby is a smoking hot blond girl. VERY NICE touch. This place is in the same league as like the Ritz Carlton in Naples. The view is amazing, the pool is amazing, the bar service around the pool is amazing. If you are not careful you could drink yourself into a coma poolside. We did lunch at the Tiki bar poolside and the food was good, not great, but good. We tried their Sky restaurant. The food was VERY good, but if you want to go there be sure to make reservations when you book the room because if you don't the wait will be like two hours to get a table. Also bring a fat wallet.... it aint cheep. It was worth the wait and I would recomend.
On check in we were given a free upgrade (I'm never this lucky). The room we got faced the gulf directly. The view from the balcony was amazing. We didn't do the spa so I don't know how it was, but it looked nice from the outside looking in. I did breakfast myself in the AM (my girlfriend was still sleeping it off). The food was good, but too expensive for what you get. If you want to impress or have a special occasion, this is the place. It cost about 100 bucks more than the Hilton, but was well worth it.
The only hitch the whole stay was when we checked in. I put my luggage and a pair of dress shoes on the cart for the bell man to bring to the room. I got the luggage, but my shoes never made it to the room. I cant imagine someone stealing a pair of used men's dress shoes. I figure they got sent to the wrong room somehow. They were all very nice at the front desk, but I'm out a pair of shoes none the less. I'm sure that was an anomaly, but I would never recommend leaving something valuable to chance on a bell cart here or anywhere else.

Room Tip: All of the Gulf rooms will have a nice view. Request a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DrCarlOrlando
courtneylb, Front Office Supervisor at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Dear DrCarlOrlando,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our resort. I am glad you found the Sandpearl resort to be “squeaky clean”. We just celebrated our 4 year anniversary and continue to strive to provide our guest with superior accommodations and top notch service. I do apologize about the pair of shoes you did not receive after check in, please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss this further.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Hebrew first
Lakeland, FL
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Giving it a "very good" rating because it's a very nice hotel right on the beach, but they nickel-and-dime you to death with fees that were not all listed on the website. $25 resort fee, $20 parking, $15 for a yoga class, $25 spa fee for hotel guests if you are not having a service done. The spa area was dead...maybe it's because of the fees and rates. Not sure we can afford to go back....would rather go to Safety Harbor Spa Resort, or Ritz Grande Lakes, or Ritz Sarasota.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SteveLakeland_FL
Dear StevLakeland_FL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your most recent stay. Our rates and standard fees are listed on our website and provided to all of our guests through our confirmation letter. Our other enrichment activities and fitness classes are priced and advertised accordingly. The Sandpearl Resort strives to stay competitive with other local resorts. We do hope you are able to visit with us again. Thank you for your feedback as we appreciate your business.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We just returned from a 6-day beach vacation in Clearwater with our two boys (ages 11 & 7). Chose the Sandpearl based upon the TA reviews and their "Stay 3, Get the 4th Night Free" promotion. Lourdes in their reservations area was very helpful and knowledgeable when booking our accomodations.

We imediately noticed the resort's beautiful lobby and extremely courteous staff upon arrival. We were upgraded from a coastal view room to a gulf front room at no charge. The rooms are decent sized, clean and well-appointed with a balcony seating two. There's a mini-fridge to hold beer, water & snacks in the room as well.

The pool and grounds were also very nice. The resort supplies boogie boards, floats and pool toys for the kids at no charge. There's also a big chess set and ping-pong table when the kids need a break from swimming. It's just a short walk from the Sandpearl pool out to the gulf's beautiful white sand beach. While the resort charges for an umbrella, the beach chairs are free (we had free use of the umbrella too since it wasn't very crowded).

We enjoyed our meals at the resort (one breakfast at Caretta and a couple small lunches by the pool from Tate Island). There's a CVS, surf shops and plenty of local beach-front restaurants within a short walk from the Sandpearl. No fine dining, per se, but we enjoyed the casual feel of eating dinner outside while watching the sunset on the beach. Outside the Tate Island restaurant at the resort, there's a bonfire pit which provides a nice way to wind down at the end of the evening.

We will definitely be back here next time we visit Clearwater Beach!

Room Tip: Get a free membership in Preferred Hotel Group's
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ajpags
Dear Ajpags,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay. I am so please you and your family enjoyed your stay here at the Sandpearl Resort. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed here on a short business trip. The hotel is beautiful with nice public areas and well appointed rooms. Service from check in to check out was exceptional. Be aware that there is a $25 per day resort fee.

Rooms:
Well appointed with comfortable bed, flat screen TV, nice bathrooms (Dental floss as amenity, nice touch), "Pod" type coffee maker, nice balcony, and beautiful Gulf view!

Pool:
Was not huge, but very nice, lush and comfortable. Comfortable chairs and many have adjustable covers on them. The coolest thing was the fact that you have a flag on your chair that you can put up when you want service. Why doesn't every resort do that! It just makes so much sense. Put your flag up and 2 minutes later someone is asking you what you need. I had great drinks and good food from the poolside bar. A guy would walk around giving out frozen grapes. Kind of a nice touch. They had tons of beach chairs and service on the beach. The beach is gorgeous with white sand emerald water that was so warm that it was not even refreshing.

Restaurant:
Caretta on the Gulf was superb! It is beautiful with excellent views of the Gulf and the sunset at night (I can imagine, but it was raining the night I was there). It is an interesting concept. The best way I can describe it is a Steak House with a Sushi Bar. My spicy tuna roll and bone in ribeye were amazing. The potato suflee was unique and amazing. Service was excellent and the place was well run. The manager Brian Couey was very welcoming and amazing. Makes me want to keep coming back.

Fitness Center:
The fitness center is awsome with several machines, dumbells, and treadmills.

There was only two small negatives to the hotel. The internet is horrible and I did get a little frustrated trying to do e-mails. Also, it says that a shoe shine is included with your resort fee so i put my shoes out for shining. I got them back and it is obvious that they ran one of those shining pads you get from Rack Room over my shoes and gave them back.

Overall, for families, couples, or business this place is amazing. They really pay attention to the details and are customer focussed. Don't miss Caretta's when you go.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Brianm99
courtneylb, Front Office Supervisor at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Dear Brianm99,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay here at the Sandpearl Resort. I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities we offer, and enjoyed your dining experience; I will pass along to our manager Brian your kinds words. I apologize that you experienced problems with your internet; we do have a technical support line to assist with any internet connection issues that should arise. I am also sorry you were not satisfied with the quality of your shoe shine, our bellmen do shine the shoes by hand, utilizing a brush and shoe polish.
uk
Reviewed 24 August 2011

ten days at sandpearl visiting from England and we had a fabulous time! From arrival with glass of bubbly to concierges and all stAff around hotel in particular the Starbucks ladies and amenities staff we were very much looked after location amazing straight onto private beach and considering aug not too packed very relaxed time had by all thank u ! Would definetly go again if I were to say anything negative it would be cost of valet parking and can be costly when u also tipping on top but costs are upfront and visible

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank janetmcauley
Dear Janetmcauley,

WOW! Ten days, it sounds like you were able to thoroughly enjoy the resort and the amenities we offer. Thank you for your kind words, I will certainly share them with our staff.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The place was very nice and most of the staff was very friendly, BUT one night we ordered room service which totaled $73 I believe. When the lady came up to deliver it, I asked if I could pay cash. I gave her $80 which I thought was generous since there was already a delivery charge and tip included in the bill. When we checked the receipt after our stay we noticed a $90 room service charge. After we inquired with the hotel we found out that not only had we still been charged the room service on our bill (which otherwise could have been a mix-up), but the server (I believe her name was Julie) had written in her own tip and signed our bill for $90 to the room! I presume she pocketed the cash. I would expect much more from a place like this than to hire thieves. Very disappointing.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
13 Thank EMM425
Phoenix
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We had a great time at the Sandpearl. Make sure you get a ocean view room. We will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Julieacp1,

Thank you for stay here with us at the Sandpearl Resort! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.