Clearwater Beach is a favorite get away of mine from Orlando. Its a short trip, the beaches are amazing white sugar sand. The water is Caribbean clean, and there is always lots to do in Tampa/Clearwater. The only problem is unless you are staying in a hotel there parking is big time impossible. This rules out a day trip.
Usually we stay at the Hilton. Its nice, but its seems they always screw up the reservations some how. They have always made good, but they do need to overhaul their corporate reservation center. The Sand Pearl is just North of the Hilton. It is a BIG step up. This place is sweet. Our room had the smell of brand new carpet and was squeaky clean. Everything looked as if it were new. The bed was excellent, sheets were like 300 threat count. The service was impeccable, complete with a turn down service in the evening. The door man in the lobby is a smoking hot blond girl. VERY NICE touch. This place is in the same league as like the Ritz Carlton in Naples. The view is amazing, the pool is amazing, the bar service around the pool is amazing. If you are not careful you could drink yourself into a coma poolside. We did lunch at the Tiki bar poolside and the food was good, not great, but good. We tried their Sky restaurant. The food was VERY good, but if you want to go there be sure to make reservations when you book the room because if you don't the wait will be like two hours to get a table. Also bring a fat wallet.... it aint cheep. It was worth the wait and I would recomend.
On check in we were given a free upgrade (I'm never this lucky). The room we got faced the gulf directly. The view from the balcony was amazing. We didn't do the spa so I don't know how it was, but it looked nice from the outside looking in. I did breakfast myself in the AM (my girlfriend was still sleeping it off). The food was good, but too expensive for what you get. If you want to impress or have a special occasion, this is the place. It cost about 100 bucks more than the Hilton, but was well worth it.
The only hitch the whole stay was when we checked in. I put my luggage and a pair of dress shoes on the cart for the bell man to bring to the room. I got the luggage, but my shoes never made it to the room. I cant imagine someone stealing a pair of used men's dress shoes. I figure they got sent to the wrong room somehow. They were all very nice at the front desk, but I'm out a pair of shoes none the less. I'm sure that was an anomaly, but I would never recommend leaving something valuable to chance on a bell cart here or anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning location along a 700-foot expanse on the sugary white sands of pristine Gulf of Mexico beach front, Sandpearl Resort's casually elegant surroundings provide guests with a vacation experience unmatched on the beach. Just 18 miles from Tampa International Airport, our guests will experience the old Florida tradition of hospitality at our brand new world-class property. Our friendly staff will help make your stay memorable through plush amenities and impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Preferred Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sandpearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpearl Hotel Clearwater
- Sandpearl Resort Clearwater, Florida