“There is no question we would return. On the same level as a Ritz without the "stuffiness".”
Review of Sandpearl Resort

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #7 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 September 2011

If anything can be found wrong, it would be the slow service from the valet parking. Otherwise, the staff, the facilities, the views, and the ambiance are terrific. We were there for our wedding anniversary and had reserved a beach view king bed room on the upper levels. I mentioned to the concierge the front desk the reason for our stay. Upon check - in, the resort had upgraded us to a king suite on the top floor!. Within short walking distance is the city pier, most any style of restaurant, and shopping. Even with the Marriott and Hyatt in very close proximity, staying here was the best choice.

1  Thank albin28te
courtneylb, Front Office Supervisor at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

Dear Albin28te,

I am so please that you enjoyed your stay here at the Sandpearl Resort. I apologize for the delay in service with your vehicle. We strive to provide all of our guests with excellence service and I will certainly follow up with our team to ensure we continue to provide exceptional service. I hope you and spouse enjoyed your anniversary and we hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,512)

Reviewed 30 August 2011

The Sandpearl was an absolutely beautiful hotel with amazing views of the Gulf and bay. We were only there for two days so we didn't have time to enjoy all of it's ammenities but what we did enjoy was wonderful. Tip #1: Pool, go down early and put a towel and a magazine or book on your chair as all of the better spots (not shaded) are taken pretty early. Tip #2: DO take the opportunity to walk next door to Frenchy's Rockaway Grill. Being health concious most of the time I was a little leary of eating at a seafood beach joint, but I did find "healthy choices" on the menu...of course the conch fritters (not even close to healthy) were to die for!!! Yum Yum! VERY AFFORDABLE. Tip #3: Make sure to have breakfast and happy hour at the Clear Sky Beachside Cafe right next door to the hotel. Very good breakfasts, (coffee, not so great) Bloody Mary station...inside and outside seating. Nice afternoon happy hour and a perfect place to come back to and sit outside and listen to live music after dinner every night. Tip #4: Clearwater Wine Bar and Bistro...excellent food in a very casual atmosphere, not hoity toity at all, just good food and good wine with both inside and outside seating, again, very affordable. The last place we had dinner was Bobby's Bistro & Wine Bar $$$. While I enjoyed the atmosphere here over CWBB, as it was dark and had more of a cozy atmosphere, I thought the service was slow and the food was just OK. My 25 year old daughter loved the food so I guess it is subjective. We also rented jet ski's and then saw coupons for discounts after the fact so Tip #5: Pick up the touristy maps when you arrive and comb through them for money savings coupons. I would love to go back and spend more time.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank CTJ843
courtneylb, Front Office Supervisor at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Dear TaraBluffton_SC,
I am please you and your family enjoyed the resort and all the dining options on Clearwater Beach. There are many restaurants just within walking distance of the resort and it sounds like you were able to try many of them. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, and hopefully for a few more days!

Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayd at this hotel to celebrate my 50th birthday. We were greeted with a glass of champagne and made to feel so special from the moment we arrived at this hotel. We stayed in a junior suite on the 6th floor, the room was amazing and the view from the balcony over the gulf was breath taking. the staff could not do enough for us. This is an excellent hotel and would highly recommend if you ever visit clearwater that you choose this wonderful hotel.

3  Thank ChrisandIan174

Dear ChrisandIan174,

Happy Birthday! Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay here at the Sandpearl Resort. I am so glad you enjoyed your junior suite! We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

We just returned from a three-night getaway (we're locals). I booked a package with breakfast for two each day and a $25 resort credit per night -- more about that in a bit. Everything is just as lovely and clean as all the other reviews mention and the staff is wonderful but you have to keep prompting them. I'm an "I Prefer" member but had to ask for my "complimentary" upgrade. We got a room that had a connecting door which was fine until a crying baby showed up the second night. I should have asked for the room they were going to give me AFTER the room they were going to give me. After a long night, went to the desk and were immediately moved -- a junior gulfront suite! It was gorgeous!
We ate at Tate Grille and Carretta's. Food was very good. Kids were running around in the poolside restaurant, as is to be expected, so we made a late reservation at Carretta's for dinner. There were crying kids there too at 8:30 PM. It would be nice if there were adults only dining when you're spending a bundle on dinner but I understand it's a "family' resort.
Our package included a $25 resort credit per night and had to ask for it to be applied at checkout, after some haggling. The resort had provided a nice write-up of the credit at check-in and if you go, hang onto it -- we had to produce that same latter at check-out to talk them through it!
I would go back but next after the schools up North are in session.

1  Thank SLM941

Dear SLM941,

Thank you for being a member of the I Prefer program. I apologize for the problems you encounter with your membership and the resort credit. All of our guests that book packages are reviewed carefully to ensure that proper billing takes place. Please know that we strive for excellence and I sincerely apologize for the error in billing at check out and I am glad that we were able to resolve it for you. I do hope you enjoyed the gulf front junior suite and hope that you are able to visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Clearwater Beach is a favorite get away of mine from Orlando. Its a short trip, the beaches are amazing white sugar sand. The water is Caribbean clean, and there is always lots to do in Tampa/Clearwater. The only problem is unless you are staying in a hotel there parking is big time impossible. This rules out a day trip.
Usually we stay at the Hilton. Its nice, but its seems they always screw up the reservations some how. They have always made good, but they do need to overhaul their corporate reservation center. The Sand Pearl is just North of the Hilton. It is a BIG step up. This place is sweet. Our room had the smell of brand new carpet and was squeaky clean. Everything looked as if it were new. The bed was excellent, sheets were like 300 threat count. The service was impeccable, complete with a turn down service in the evening. The door man in the lobby is a smoking hot blond girl. VERY NICE touch. This place is in the same league as like the Ritz Carlton in Naples. The view is amazing, the pool is amazing, the bar service around the pool is amazing. If you are not careful you could drink yourself into a coma poolside. We did lunch at the Tiki bar poolside and the food was good, not great, but good. We tried their Sky restaurant. The food was VERY good, but if you want to go there be sure to make reservations when you book the room because if you don't the wait will be like two hours to get a table. Also bring a fat wallet.... it aint cheep. It was worth the wait and I would recomend.
On check in we were given a free upgrade (I'm never this lucky). The room we got faced the gulf directly. The view from the balcony was amazing. We didn't do the spa so I don't know how it was, but it looked nice from the outside looking in. I did breakfast myself in the AM (my girlfriend was still sleeping it off). The food was good, but too expensive for what you get. If you want to impress or have a special occasion, this is the place. It cost about 100 bucks more than the Hilton, but was well worth it.
The only hitch the whole stay was when we checked in. I put my luggage and a pair of dress shoes on the cart for the bell man to bring to the room. I got the luggage, but my shoes never made it to the room. I cant imagine someone stealing a pair of used men's dress shoes. I figure they got sent to the wrong room somehow. They were all very nice at the front desk, but I'm out a pair of shoes none the less. I'm sure that was an anomaly, but I would never recommend leaving something valuable to chance on a bell cart here or anywhere else.

Room Tip: All of the Gulf rooms will have a nice view. Request a room on an upper floor.
2  Thank DrCarlOrlando

Dear DrCarlOrlando,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our resort. I am glad you found the Sandpearl resort to be “squeaky clean”. We just celebrated our 4 year anniversary and continue to strive to provide our guest with superior accommodations and top notch service. I do apologize about the pair of shoes you did not receive after check in, please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Giving it a "very good" rating because it's a very nice hotel right on the beach, but they nickel-and-dime you to death with fees that were not all listed on the website. $25 resort fee, $20 parking, $15 for a yoga class, $25 spa fee for hotel guests if you are not having a service done. The spa area was dead...maybe it's because of the fees and rates. Not sure we can afford to go back....would rather go to Safety Harbor Spa Resort, or Ritz Grande Lakes, or Ritz Sarasota.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SteveLakeland_FL

Dear StevLakeland_FL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your most recent stay. Our rates and standard fees are listed on our website and provided to all of our guests through our confirmation letter. Our other enrichment activities and fitness classes are priced and advertised accordingly. The Sandpearl Resort strives to stay competitive with other local resorts. We do hope you are able to visit with us again. Thank you for your feedback as we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We just returned from a 6-day beach vacation in Clearwater with our two boys (ages 11 & 7). Chose the Sandpearl based upon the TA reviews and their "Stay 3, Get the 4th Night Free" promotion. Lourdes in their reservations area was very helpful and knowledgeable when booking our accomodations.

We imediately noticed the resort's beautiful lobby and extremely courteous staff upon arrival. We were upgraded from a coastal view room to a gulf front room at no charge. The rooms are decent sized, clean and well-appointed with a balcony seating two. There's a mini-fridge to hold beer, water & snacks in the room as well.

The pool and grounds were also very nice. The resort supplies boogie boards, floats and pool toys for the kids at no charge. There's also a big chess set and ping-pong table when the kids need a break from swimming. It's just a short walk from the Sandpearl pool out to the gulf's beautiful white sand beach. While the resort charges for an umbrella, the beach chairs are free (we had free use of the umbrella too since it wasn't very crowded).

We enjoyed our meals at the resort (one breakfast at Caretta and a couple small lunches by the pool from Tate Island). There's a CVS, surf shops and plenty of local beach-front restaurants within a short walk from the Sandpearl. No fine dining, per se, but we enjoyed the casual feel of eating dinner outside while watching the sunset on the beach. Outside the Tate Island restaurant at the resort, there's a bonfire pit which provides a nice way to wind down at the end of the evening.

We will definitely be back here next time we visit Clearwater Beach!

Room Tip: Get a free membership in Preferred Hotel Group's
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ajpags

Dear Ajpags,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay. I am so please you and your family enjoyed your stay here at the Sandpearl Resort. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.