“Mixed experiences”

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #7 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this resort many times and as a whole, we love it. The rooms are beautiful, the pool area and beach are spectacular and the bar food is very good. Our first year, the fine dining restaurant had delicious food but it was very loud. The dining room is open to the bar and the noise was very loud. Also, bar patrons have a habit of drinking and sometimes smoking out on the patio late at night. You can easily hear them in your room.
We have also had housekeeping show up very late in the afternoon to clean our room.

With a few changes, the SandPearl is easily one of my favorite places to stay while in Florida.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank DenaToKey
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing us with feedback from your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at Caretta on the Gulf and will certainly pass on your concerns with the management team. I am delighted that we remain your favorite place to stay in Florida and do look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Fantastic hotel, great welcome and service throughout our stay. Rooms were a good size and decorated to a very high standard. The lobby was beautiful too, at the poolside you could not ask for better right on the beach which was fantastic too.

Come and stay you will not be dissapointed

Room Tip: Get A seafront room because it can be a little noisy at the side or front of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear you had such a great stay. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Sandpearl Resort at Clearwater Beach is located at 111 Commercial Avenue. Upon arriving we were greeted by the valet who immediately took over the parking of the car and luggage. The staff welcomed us by name and registered us and offered us a Memosa or Champagne as we waited for our room to be ready. Though we were early, our room was prepared for our arrival. The Sandpearl is exquisite! The lobby large and spacious, comfortable chairs and reading areas, and quiet. Large windows bow out to views of the white sand beach. Several pools, along with a horizon pool and water fall pool grace the area. Many lounge chairs surround the pool and beach. There are three dining areas. One is fine dining (bring your wallet for that but at least try it once), the Tiki Cafe on the Beach, and a breakfast bar serving specialty coffees and teas. The room was spotless! Large and spacious bath room complete with kitchen area, dining area, living room, separate master bedroom. The sofa bed was not comfortable and as we had three people in our party, this was the only complaint we had the entire time we were there. We participated in the Spa treatment special -- a whole menu of teatments are available. And then we relaxed. Sandpearl is right on the beach and at the end of the Avenue where all of the stores and restaurants are located in Clearwater Beach. We took advantage of these more inexpensive but delicious dining facilities. We were told that a charter fishing company keeps the restaurants with the fresh local catch of the days. Also located very nearby is the long Pier which should not be missed. On warm evenings, an out door theatre is located on the green next to the pier for families -- bring a picnic lunch and/or popcorn. There is good parking but even that is filled unless you arrive early. The beach itself is huge and you should have no trouble finding your "spot in the sun". Sandpearl was wonderful! I'd go again. Mrs. Joyce Halvorsen

Room Tip: Ask about the sofa beds before you settle on a room. Also you may not need a junior suite with the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank JoyceValentine

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at The Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted that you enjoyed our beautiful location, well appointed rooms, and wonderful world class spa. We thank you for visiting us and do hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

First Stay here in February. Can't beat the location and the service is over the top. Clean, classy-casual and great for couples. Will be going back again next February. Pool is exceptional and the beach is the best around.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Frank M
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your previous visit to The Sandpearl Resort. I am glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable time that you have decided to book with us again. If there is anything else I can do to enhance your experience the next time you stay, please don't hesitate to contact me at the resort. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We already booked our rooms again for next year!!! We had a terrific time. The location was great. We were right on the beach. The restaurants were terrific. Located on the main strip for fun shopping. Heated pool with bar service. Complete kids activity center. It was like being in a cruise without the boat. Thus, it was better.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Jenny J

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing us with such positive feedback regarding your most recent visit to The Sandpearl Resort. How great it is to hear that you have already booked your next stay with us, please contact me at the resort and allow me to enhance your next visit in any way that I can. We appreciate your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This was my first trip to Clearwater Beach, and I must say I really like it there. The beach is spectacular!! The staff at the Sandpearl could not have been nicer or more accomodating. The hotel itself is very nice, rooms are on the small side but nice, beds comfortable, nice bathrooms, beautiful spacious lobby. My one big but is that they charge you for an umbrella on the beach. At $500+ per night, it is actually insulting that they do not provide enought beach chairs and umbrellas for ALL guests. Seriously??? And on top of that, they also charge you a $25 resort fee.... This hotel is not in the league of compeitiors such as the Four Seaons or the Ritz but charges same prices.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank citygal14
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I was very happy to hear that you really like our special beach. I am sure you know, but Clearwater Beach was just named "Florida's Best Beach City" by USA Today. I was also happy to hear that you thought our team was very nice.

In your review you commented on the charge for the umbrellas on the beach. While the chairs on the beach are complimentary for all resort guests, we do charge $25 per day for the umbrellas. The charge is to deter other guests from claiming the umbrellas while they are using the pool area. Some people would "reserve" umbrellas on the pool and beach and this would leave no umbrellas for other guests. I hope this clears things up for you.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I really do appreciate it.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We live locally and this stay was supposed to be a nice 24 hour getaway without kids, etc. I've never been so disappointed in a high end property as I have with this one.

Pro: The hotel is situated on a beautiful stretch of Clearwater beach. The grounds and room are lovely and nicely appointed.

Cons: The pool area is about the size of the one in my back yard. There are hundreds of rooms/guests and probably 100 chairs to use by the pool. For 500$/night, you would think this wouldn't be an issue. for over 4 hours we tried to find a spot and either someone was in a chair or a towel was in it and it went unused. I"m still trying to figure out what I got out of that 25$ resort fee.
The food at Caretta on the Gulf was subpar at best. My husband had the chicken and waffles and it resembled something that looked like a piece of cornish game hen.. My sushi was not the best either. Again, for what we paid, I expected a bit more.

The next time we have a short getaway, it will not be here

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank maitai6067

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Sandpearl Resort. I appreciate the feedback.

Please accept my sincere apology for the issue you experienced regarding the availability of pool chairs during your recent stay with us. Our 135,000 gallon pool features 220 poolside lounge chairs in additional to 5 poolside cabanas and 200 chairs on the connecting beach. During peak times the availability does become an issue to accomodate all families. We train our pool and beach team to monitor the flow of open chairs to limit the inconvenience to all our guests. I am sorry that this did not happen during your recent stay with us. I will also share you comments with our F&B Director regarding your feedback on our restaurant.

If you would like to speak personally regarding your experiences please feel free to contact me directly at the resort.

Again, thank you.