“my stay at the sandpearl resort”
Review of Sandpearl Resort

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #7 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chigwell, United Kingdom
“my stay at the sandpearl resort”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

First things first when we arrived we were greeted by the most charming or people the complementry mommosa was divine the one downfall was that we arrived at 1pm but our room wasent ready tell 4 so we made our way down to the pool the activite employees or pool helpers were amazing the girl at the desk was really nice but the 2 guys were Even more amazing they helped my 85 year old grandma by pushing her in a beach style wheelchair all the way to the water the funny thing was that one of the young men was a security gaurd it really made us feel safe and important the only complaint was the manager of the pool jen was her name she was very rude and because of her nor me or my grandma whent back to the pool for the rest of our stay the rooms were amazing the boat races were the perfect event to watch from our balcony but everything being said we loved our stay I just hope next year we come back they have a nicer pool manager

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tabitha s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

So we came here for 4 night during our 3 week honeymoon
Of all the hotels we stayed in (this was our splash out hotel to end the honeymoon) they were the only ones to not recognise the fact we were on our honeymoon (they were aware from Virgin holidays) in others we got champagne/ fruit platters/wine etc... Poor for the price and class of the hotel.
The hotel was very lovely clean pleasant experience however how they justify their resort fee I don't know, we didn't use the pool towels as it rained the whole time
We couldn't access the wifi in our room (annoying as I had buisness to do) they were unhelpful when I called for help they just said move location in the room.
It also included water which we didn't get every day so we basically paid $100 for 6 bottles of water as we used nothing else that the resort fee was supposed to pay for.
They also clean the rooms very late which wasn't helpful when we were returning at 3pm for our 2 yr old to nap!
The restaurant was lovely and the staff there were brilliant!
We won't recommend this to our friends and we won't be wasting our money staying again!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank A11yj
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent trip to Clearwater Beach and your stay at the Sandpearl. I was happy to hear that you thought our hotel was lovely, clean and you had a pleasant experience.

In your review you mentioned you were disappointed that our Front Desk team did not recognize your anniversary. Please accept my sincere apology for that. We do our absolute best to recognize all special occasions and take pride in this. I am not sure the reason that yours was missed but I am very sorry for this.

If you would like to speak in person and feel it appropriate please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Eric Waltz
Portland, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My family stayed in a Gulf Front Jr Suite for a week. The resort property is beautiful, but there were problems with our stay. The room temperature never got to a comfortable level for us, and we called several times to complain, always with a response that someone would be up to check on it. Halfway through the week, we woke up at midnight to find the room was unbearable because the air unit had shut off. The front desk sent someone up to check on it and he had to vacuum condensation from the unit before it would come back on. The next day the temperature was worse. I even took a picture of the thermostat at 79 degrees. Again we complained to the front desk and were told while we are out they would send someone to look at it. When we returned from a hot day at Busch Gardens the temperature was not better. Again we complained. I believe the resort may have their thermostats set not to go below a certain temperature despite what you may want it to be. We got several comments from the front desk and the men who came to check the room temperature, telling us it may be due to the balcony door not being closed properly or to close the curtains that the sun coming in through the windows was adding to the heat. I found these comments to be frustrating because the balcony doors were not the reason for the temperature being hot in the room and we were paying for a gulf front room. Why should I have to close the curtains to get the temperature to a comfortable level when I want to enjoy the view I am paying for. If I return to the area, I will be looking elsewhere because of the comfort issue. The resort grounds/pool area is beautiful and the staff friendly, but not impressed with the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chelsey G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you had with your air conditioner. I totally understand the frustrations related to not being able to get a good nights sleep due to temperature issues. We should have been able to correct that issue immediately. We do have temperature controls in the rooms but they are all set to allow a minimum temperature of 65 degrees. This is definately not a normal problem we have. I would like to find out what room you were staying in so that I can guarantee that the issue is corrected. If you feel it appropriate, please contact me at the hotel so that I may get more information from you.

Eric Waltz
Safety Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Lynn and I spent a wonderful night at the Sandpearl Resort. The event was our daughter's wedding on the beach. We were greeted at the front door by the wonderful staff of this hotel who offered a choice of a champagne or mimosa welcome cocktail. Our large room on the 6th Floor had 2 double beds a couch, a desk and 2 big screen tvs. The bathroom was beautiful as well with coral type tiles on the floor. Beds were comfortable with big fluffy pillows. Ours was an end room. From our balcony you could see both the Intracoastal Waterway and the Gulf of Mexico. The swimming pool was huge and offered easy access for toddlers. Our granddaughter couldn't get enough of the pool. Of course Clearwater Beach is one of America's best beaches and it is right out the back door of the hotel. Be advised though that drink and appetizer prices in the hotel are high. If you are looking for a place to spend a romantic night or two then the Sandpearl is the place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end of the building offer views from the balcony of both the Gulf and the Intracoastal...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing such positive feedback regarding your stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa for your daughter's wedding. I am delighted to hear you were happy with the size and comfort of your room, including the view. We enjoy seeing guests of all ages having fun in the pool and I am so glad your granddaughter got her fill of the water!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This review will be short and sweet. This was probably one of the top 3 nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. Your gonna pay top dollar for it, but you get what you pay for. We actually got a bit of a deal for staying three nights or more. Beach access and proximity to area restaurants etc... is excellent. The pool is a tropical theme with palms and plenty of space to lounge. The hotel amenities are top notch in my opinion. We had a great stay and will stay there again when we get the chance.

We took our two little ones who are 5 and 3.5. At first it seemed a little stuffy and we didn't see many kids, but the next day at the pool the kid situation and atmosphere became more relaxed. So I will say the hotel is kid friendly, but it's not Disney. Also be mindful that the area outside the hotel is a "beach town" so after dark it can get a little sketchy. Id have the kids in by 9pm. But adults have at it, but keep your wits about you. Typical tourist traps you expect like parking, inflated prices and street vendors.

But nothing would negate the great experience we had and would recommend this resort to others.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa in September. I am happy to hear the atmosphere at the pool was relaxing and spacious for you and your family. It is wonderful to hear you would stay at the Sandpearl again and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Beautiful hotel right on the beach, facilities are great between the pool, lounge chairs, restaurants, and lobby. Enjoyed the champagne upon arrival, helped stomach the $20/night valet charge, at the cost if the room, annoying that this was additional and so steep. Had a catered rehearsal dinner, food and service were top notch. Overall, lovely spot for some R&R.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear the food and service for your catered event were top notch. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

scotland
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights and we had booked a gulf view room and that is what we got, we also got a view of next door bins and free noise from the hotels A/C units (room 625) A quick visit to reception and we got a change of room 2 days later to a proper gulf view room (608) So beware when you book that all rooms facing North will overlook bins and A/C units. Apart from the room problem this is a excellent place to stay, the pool area and the beach are fantastic. The resort fee ($24 per day) includes tea, coffee and water for the room, daily newspaper, beach/pool towels and two beach chairs (beach umbrellas are $25 per day). There is also a valet parking fee of $20 per day, so be prepared for approx. $75 + tax per day to be added to your bill at the end of you stay.
All the staff are great and the food at the pool bar was very tasty.
I would definitely stay here again if we were visiting Clearwater

Room Tip: Check with the hotel where your room is
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank calimerox
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent five night stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear you were able to experience the tasty menu at our beachside restaurant. We appreciate your feedback regarding your room and look forward to welcoming you back soon!