“Great stay!”

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I have stayed here two years in a row in mid-September while he attended a conference in Tampa. The rooms and the grounds were very clean both times. The staff is friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach and hanging out around the pool. We love Tate's Bar and Grill and ate (and drank) there multiple times and the food was always good. Both times we had rooms that were considered gulf or maybe coastal views that were on the side of the building towards Frenchy's. When you face that side you can see the beach, however, when you look down you also see the roof top of the adjacent buildings (which isn't the best view) and you also can hear the trash trucks that came early a few of the mornings. Not a big deal to us since all the "pluses" far outweighed these couple of negatives, especially since we basically just slept in our room and hung out at the beautiful areas outside. We have stayed in several other hotels in Clearwater Beach and this is by far our favorite place and we wouldn't want to have to stay any other place. It is convenient for walking to many different restaurants and shops but it is nice that it is a few blocks down from Pier 60 and the much more crowded beach areas. Even though we went as a couple, the Sand Pearl is also a great place for families and we would love to bring our kids there one day.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors closest to the beach
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LUVSML
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am glad our staff were friendly and helpful during your stay. In your review, you mentioned the noise from the trash trucks that disrupted your early mornings. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding this inconvenience. I am very happy to hear the Sandpearl Resort is your favorite place to stay on Clearwater Beach. We hope you return soon and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

It has been a couple years since my family has been able to take off a couple days and just relax. This resort has been everything it promised and more. Worth every penny, I felt like a princess the whole time we were here, and the rest of the family felt just as spoiled ! Place is spectacular, staff is phenomenal and I will not hesitate to return to this paradise...

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank ttorrens
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am so delighted we were able to exceed your expectations and make you feel like a princess! It is great to hear that this place is a paradise for you, we are happy to spoil you here. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed two nights for a wedding and were very pleased with the accommodations. The hotel is right on the beach and provides chairs and fire pits for use at night.

We never visited the restaurant but the wedding we attended was catered by the hotel and the food was excellent. Each room had a mini-fridge and even 2 wine glasses and a wine opener, which we made good use of.

The rooms have high ceilings and are insulated very well because I never heard any of our neighbors. I usually bring earplugs because I'm such a light sleeper but I never needed to use them.

The hotel is within walking distance to a lot of great bars and restaurants. My only gripe for our stay was that valet parking is required and costs $20 per day. They offer free WiFi and the service received was outstanding. We only live an hour away and may never stay here again, but I'm glad we got the opportunity.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear the food we provided for the wedding was excellent and that you were pleased with the accommodations! We appreciate your feedback and hope you return for another opportunity to enjoy the resort!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Florida's Gulf Coast has the best beaches in the US, and The Sandpearl is our favorite place to enjoy Clearwater Beach. The rooms are beautifully decorated, large, and comfortable. The entire resort is focused on the beachfront. The on site Tate Island Grille is a great place for a casual meal and sunset, or there is a more formal restaurant on the north end of the resort. The staff is pleasant and attentive. We are locals, but stay at the Sandpearl 2-3 times a year for a mini-vacation. It's got a classy, yet casual feel to it - we've never been disappointed with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear the Sandpearl Resort and Spa is your favorite place to enjoy Clearwater Beach. We are delighted you had a memorable experience at each of our restaurants on property. In your review, you mentioned you have never been disappointed with your stay. We hope you continue to return to us; it is our pleasure to do everything we can to make you happy. Thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Did not expect this level of luxury when I had rsvped to a destination wedding invitation recently. Not only was the hotel gorgeous, the spa was wonderful, the yoga class was outside, the beach was clean, spacious and fabulous plus the staff extremely friendly accommodating and helpful. The weekend felt like a vacation retreat with a little wedding in the middle. Loved it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am glad you were pleased with the cleanliness of the resort and the friendliness of the staff. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I chose the Sand Pearl for our first family vacation. We would be traveling from PA to FL with our brand new 6 month old baby, so we were very nervous. The hotel was very accommodating and supplied us with a portable crib. They also allowed us to hang a door jam bouncer in the room, but because the only door with trim was the main entrance door of our room, much of the time our door was wide open while my husband and I were getting ready for dinner etc, because bouncing in his jumper was our little ones favorite thing to do. The maids got a HUGE kick out of him as his would cue at them when they would walk by. The hotel made sure we had a cabana each day to keep out son out of the sun if needed. The service was awesome! The drinks and food were amazing! This hotel really is awesome!!! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Christa L

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. I am pleased that we were able to put your mind at ease during your vacation, as traveling with a new baby can be stressful. We certainly are happy your baby was still able to play in his bouncer and have a blast. We love to see happy guests here! We hope you and your family return soon for more fun-filled memories!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Thank you Sandpearl Resort!
This place went above and beyond in making sure that we had the best experience possible.
Everything exceeding our expectations. Excellent customer service from the second you get checked-in with complimentary mimosas, and great service from valet and bell staff. Our view from the room was incredible and we were impressed with all of the features heres. Private white-sand beach with kids smores every evening with safe firepit on beach with great decor and atmosphere!
I have never seen my girls so happy and excited in their entire lives and I wanted to share how incredible our stay was. We look forward to bringing the family back to your here for our next family vacation!!!!

Room Tip: Junior Suite Gulf View- Such a beautiful Room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I am so delighted to hear our staff at the Sandpearl Resort were able to help create lifetime memories for you and your family. I am happy your children were excited at the firepit and enjoyed the s'mores! We would love for you to return soon for more fun-filled memories with the family!