Sandpearl Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$266
US$182
  • Breakfast included
US$440
US$234
US$201
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$176
Travelocity
US$193
Hotels.com
2,562 results
All reviewstate island grillthe activities deskfire pitsand pearlglass of champagneclearwater beachzero entryclear sky cafejunior suiteturn down servicevalet parkingper daypool areapool servicebeautiful hotelbeach umbrellasan umbrella
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Sorry West Coast but you just can't beat Florida for 5 star ocean front experience. (I'm still disgusted with Hotel del Coronado in San Diego) This is my 7th beach front resort stay in Florida and the 3rd on the Gulf Coast. My room was on the 7th floor. It was not ocean front but I still had a magnificent view looking north up the coast. When I asked for an ocean front room they were booked up but said I would have a coast view. I wasn't expecting much of a view but it was fabulous. The room was enormous actually an extended stay suite. View of the ocean and coast from the bed as the wall was a giant sliding glass door. The beach was excellent. White sand and gentle waves. Being on the Gulf side the sunset was beautiful. Watching the sun sink into the ocean was beyond words. Service was awesome. Each night we set on the verandah at the hotel restaurant Carreta (sp ?) overlooking the pool and beach and had supper. Food and service excellent. They have a huge firepit on the beach. People were sitting around it having drinks. Not sure if it was a first come first served or a reserved seating. They had a couple of large couches on the beach as well. If you want pampered beach service in a drop dead location you won't be dissappointed here. Taxi from Tampa airport was pricey at about $50. And black car service was $65. 30 minutes to Tampa airport. The Sandpearl was far enough from the commercial strip to be private but close enough to walk to all the shops. pretty much north of Sandpearl is residential south is commercial. Great jogging choices either on the beach or down the main drag towards Tampa.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor non-ocean front but it was still great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tony0146484
courtneylb, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted you received excellent food and service at our signature restaurant, Caretta on the Gulf. We are happy that you were pleased with your experience at the resort. It is great to hear our coast beats the West! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was sitting in my room packing and thinking how much I'am going to miss this place. Everyone makes you feel like you belong. They make sure to say hello and asks if everything is ok. Rooms still clean and comfy. Food still average but good. Some people think there are not enough staff but this is a small resort compared to a big Ritz Carlton. All in all there are enough people. Coming back in April can't wait.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south over pool and gulf.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am so happy to hear our staff make you feel like you belong with us and are accommodating. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and are excited to have you return in April!

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here because we took a look around last year whilst staying at the hilton & loved it.
Upon check-in ( it was nearly midnight because we were 5hrs delayed) no one was insight when we pulled up in the taxi. No one offered to take our bags, no one opened the hotel door for us , no one showed us to our room. Great start for such a grand hotel. The guy who checked us in was very nice, polite and helpful. He also suggested I talk to the manager tomorrow morning from 8am who would probably be able to upgrade our room ( I didn't have the option to do this when booking with BA) & since it was quiet - quite possibly for free. That was not so, the lady I spoke with the next morning didn't adapt the same kind, polite and helpful attitude - neither did her manager, they were rather short with me & when I queried the extra cost explained it was better than if I walked in off the street!
As we had already paid $4000 for this 7 day trip we didn't want to pay anymore - so we kept our bay facing room. The room is lovely anyway - it just would have been convenient with two young children to dry swim shorts on the balcony & sit with a drink when the children went to sleep .
The housekeeping we received was excellent - the lady was very polite.
The loungers being part if the resort charge (oh & by the way it's not $25 it's $28 as the add on tax !!! ) is one thing, to charge for an umbrella is absolutely disgusting .25/30 for an umbrella !!! Sand Pearl this is called ripping off you already paying clients. Needless to say we didn't take one - but in the summer months you wouldn't have a choice & they know that.
Food is terrific - pool is heated and fabulous - pool sun loungers are superb . Would we return - yes!

Stayed: November 2013
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Sandpearl Resort. In your review, you mentioned your experience with our evening valet, greeter, and bell staff to be less than satisfactory. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced upon arrival. It is certainly not Sandpearl standard to not give such attention to our guests.

Despite these issues, I am delighted to hear you were pleased with the housekeeping services throughout your stay and enjoyed our pool area and fabulous food. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I have stayed here two years in a row in mid-September while he attended a conference in Tampa. The rooms and the grounds were very clean both times. The staff is friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach and hanging out around the pool. We love Tate's Bar and Grill and ate (and drank) there multiple times and the food was always good. Both times we had rooms that were considered gulf or maybe coastal views that were on the side of the building towards Frenchy's. When you face that side you can see the beach, however, when you look down you also see the roof top of the adjacent buildings (which isn't the best view) and you also can hear the trash trucks that came early a few of the mornings. Not a big deal to us since all the "pluses" far outweighed these couple of negatives, especially since we basically just slept in our room and hung out at the beautiful areas outside. We have stayed in several other hotels in Clearwater Beach and this is by far our favorite place and we wouldn't want to have to stay any other place. It is convenient for walking to many different restaurants and shops but it is nice that it is a few blocks down from Pier 60 and the much more crowded beach areas. Even though we went as a couple, the Sand Pearl is also a great place for families and we would love to bring our kids there one day.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors closest to the beach
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LUVSML
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am glad our staff were friendly and helpful during your stay. In your review, you mentioned the noise from the trash trucks that disrupted your early mornings. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding this inconvenience. I am very happy to hear the Sandpearl Resort is your favorite place to stay on Clearwater Beach. We hope you return soon and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

It has been a couple years since my family has been able to take off a couple days and just relax. This resort has been everything it promised and more. Worth every penny, I felt like a princess the whole time we were here, and the rest of the family felt just as spoiled ! Place is spectacular, staff is phenomenal and I will not hesitate to return to this paradise...

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank ttorrens
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am so delighted we were able to exceed your expectations and make you feel like a princess! It is great to hear that this place is a paradise for you, we are happy to spoil you here. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!