“Gorgeous Hotel, Fantabulous Staff, Beautiful View”
Review of Sandpearl Resort

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We came in Wed prior to Thanksgiving. Valet opened our doors, delivered luggage to our room and at check in we were offered champagne or sparkling apple cider. Our room had two queen beds as requested as this was my mom and I on our first Thanksgiving away from our large family. We wanted special and we got it.
We had a couple minor issues with the room and the Director of Housekeeping showed up at our door to check it out. We were certainly impressed, she is a wonderful lady and we enjoyed chatting. She sent us a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to our room and we so enjoyed being spoiled!
We decided to splurge and eat the dining buffet for Thanksgiving.....FORGET THE TURKEY - Oh my my my, sushi, black peppered mackerel , duck in sweet potatoes, grouper in wild rice...on and on I could go. I am kissing my fingers to my lips in Italian still. Ohh lalalala, best meal I've had!!
The pool and 2 Jacuzzi, the children s program...so great. But THE STAFF!!! Concierge and the girls /guys who constantly opened the door with a huge smile - made EVERYONE feel magnificent and that were were special. The staff makes this hotel. Our housekeeper was a doll, we were always given extra water. I would stay here again and again. Go Experience it at least once in your life.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jazzie D
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate the feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed the food at Caretta on the Gulf. I am glad any issues you may have had were addressed promptly and you were able to continue enjoying your time. It is our pleasure to assist you with anything at any point during your stay. Thank you for the kind words and we hope you return soon for more exceptional food and fun!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Gorgeous hotel in a wonderful setting and amazing staff !! The room's clean, very comfortable bed, nice bathroom and very well located. The food was great, the service is typical of any top class hotel --comparable with Luxury Collection hotels without dedicated concierge-- but Lorda, Kristin, Michael, Debra, Clyde and all other staff made sure that our experience was perfect, and it was! The only reason I didn't give 5 star is that when we entered the room after checking in, we found a Starbucks cup in the balcony (from the previous guest?). The white sand, truly heated pool, facilities and phenomenal staff make this our favourite hotel in Clearwater Beach !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drcohen

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear you were comfortable in your room and that our staff were able to perfect your stay! It is so nice to hear the Sandpearl is your favorite resort in Clearwater! I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff members you mentioned. We hope you return soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed at the Sandpearl for a wedding. I had a suite with a huge balcony overlooking the pool and the ocean. The views was beautiful. I loved being able to walk out of the hotel and go right to the beach. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel and/or using it as a wedding venue.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jen2244

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am happy you were pleased with your room and the views. Our location on the beach is indeed convenient! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We recently had the pleasure of a 2 night stay at this beautiful hotel in the midst of the hurly burly of an Orlando holiday.
I couldn't have chosen better.
Yes it's pricey but yes- it's worth it! They upgraded us to an ocean view suite for our anniversary, we were so grateful. Thank you Sandpearl...
We enjoyed dinner both nights at the restaurant Caretta, because we enjoyed the first meal so much, we had to go back on the second night! Lovely food.
The service was impeccable all throughout the resort, especially noticed at the reception upon checking in, thank you to the lovely Sandra.
I wanted to extend our stay by one night, but in the end we couldn't so if you are also booking a leisurely rest in the middle of an Orlando holiday and are booking the Sandpearl, go on... Add an extra night, you won't regret it!
Thanks again to all at the beautiful Sandpearl, we loved you!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank georginac
courtneylb, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in October for your anniversary and experienced what our signature restaurant has to offer. I am so glad our staff made your vacation special and we hope you return soon for more memories that will last a lifetime. Thank you for your review and kind words.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We travel all over the US and stay in many supposedly 5 star hotels and truthfully I just thought the Americans did not understand what 5 star meant. THEN we stayed at the Sandpearl Resort, the hotel is nice, probably one of the better US hotels I have stayed in, clean room, decent facilities, nice buffet breakfast, BUT what sets this hotel apart are the staff. From the reception staff through to most of the guys working at the pool everybody remembers your name and uses it to address you, they can not do enough to help you, we had a small problem with a maintenance issue in our room on check in and as soon as we told the lady on reception she ensured that maintenance attended the room and fixed the problem, I know this is what you would expect from a 5 star hotel, but so often this is not the case. Another fabulous thing about this hotel is that it is right in the centre of downtown Clearwater with everything on your doorstep.

We loved this hotel so much that during our stay in October we decided to try and change our already booked plans at the Don Cesar in St Petes in April and see if we could get into the Sandpearl again this time we would have our 12 year old son with us and I wanted him to experience what we had in October. Again the Sandpearl staff went out of their way to help is, we spoke to Michael the concierge and explained what we wanted to do and he told us to leave it with him, by the time we checked out our new booking had been made.

We are very excited about returning to the Sandpearl in April and again experiencing the 5 star treatment that they are so good at. If you want 5 star in the US look no further than this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a Junior suite which was fantastic for watching the sunset.
Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lgallagher09

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced exceptional service that exceeded your expectations. We are happy to be at your service and help you in any way possible. It is our pleasure! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My wife and I were looking for a very special place to stay for our 40th anniversary, and we found it in the Sandpearl Resort. Nothing is lacking here. The resort is spotless and employees are as friendly and attentive as anywhere you will possibly visit in the world! Elegant but not the least bit "stuffy". The Sandpearl is not inexpensive but you certainly get what you pay for. Attention to detail is present throughout the resort. During our stay the management sent a bottle of wine, cheese, grapes and strawberries dipped in chocolate with a note wishing us a happy anniversary. Don't overlook the fabulous food and service at the Tate Island Grill adjacent to the pool and beach. This is most certainly a resort that is worth spending a little extra money. We look forward to returning to this outstanding resort!
Bill Olsen
N. Chelmsford, MA.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted you chose to share with us the celebration of your 40th Anniversary. It is our pleasure to make you feel special and well taken care of! I am happy to hear our staff were friendly and attentive. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

The Gulf Room has an amazing view that will enhance your stay. The hotel is bright, clean, and provides impeccable service. The hotel has two restaurants, Tate Island Grill and Caretta on the Gulf. The Tate Island Grill food was mediocre at best. If you go there I would recommend sticking with things like French fries. The Caesar salad we ordered had brown edges on the lettuce and the shrimp looked like it had seen better days. Caretta on the Gulf has a lovely atmosphere, but I would not recommend the sushi. The spicy tuna roll was extremely bland. They do use real crab in the California roll so if you absolutely have a sushi craving the California roll may be the way to go. The grouper was tasty as well as the bread basket. They were very generous with the pretzel rolls and onion bread. I would definitely recommend the hotel for a little luxury when staying at Clearwater. I would definitely stay here again but would explore other restaurants in the area as an alternative to those at the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear our staff provided you with impeccable service and you enjoyed our bright and clean resort during your stay! We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your experience in our restaurants. We hope you return soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.