“treasure on the gulf”

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #7 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 28 January 2014

What a incredible hotel right on the white sand beach,staff was great, rooms were beautiful
food was awesome and their spa was too die for with a very knowledgeable staff. I have been
coming to clearwater beach for many years and live at Belle Harbour this was a kettle retreat for the Misses and I and we really love it . We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Cross mandalay ave to the best grouper sandwich ever, Frenchy you won't be sorry doesn't lo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael T
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted you enjoyed the food, your room, and experienced great service from our staff. We hope you choose to stay at the Sandpearl Resort when you return to Clearwater Beach. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

The hotel has a great location and gorgeous look. Employees appear happy and helpful but the answer to every request was a firm no given without hesitation. They charge $20 for parking per day, plus tips every time you request or drop off your car. They charge $15 per day to use the amenities. Personally, I think this should be covered with the room cost. The banquet food is disgusting. Tasted terrible and no variety. I asked for a grilled cheese for dinner and was told "that is completely outside the realm of possibility". Staff smiled at you but if you had a question or needed anything...good luck. I think this place is way over priced for what it is. It's pretty, it's nice, but it's costly and they are unaccommodating considering they are a resort.

• Stayed: January 2014
8  Thank 3-dog-crazy
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for joining us at the Sandpearl Resort. I hope you and your group had a good time while with us. In your review you mentioned a couple issues that you had with regards to our pricing. I am sorry that you feel like you were "nickel and dimed". While we do have extra charges, as similar resorts do, we feel like the convenience and extras that are added to your stay makes the costs explainable. Again, I am sorry you do not agree. Also, you mentioned our food during your banquets. We normally get rave reviews on our Catering Food however it appears this time that was not the case. I will speak to the Chef to see if something happened to make this time different.

If you would like to speak personally regarding your stay please feel free to contact me directly at the resort.

Again, thank you for your review.

Eric Waltz

Reviewed 21 January 2014

First the good….the rooms, the location, the staff, the food, the view everything was beautiful. You are greeted with a glass of champagne. Just be mindful of other extra costs, $20 pkg/night, $25/amenities (2 bottles of water/room, towels for pool, workout room usage), tax, tax on tax.

Room Tip: be sure to get a gulf view, it's worth the extra.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FriedaLucy
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear you were happy with the rooms, location, staff, food, and view during your visit! We take pride in the service and accommodations we provide for our guests. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Can I just say this is the second time we've stayed here n that's for a reason.
Thor customer service is amazing.
We were here when the weather was possibly the worst it have ever been in Florida for a long time.
Everything we asked them for was no trouble, the room,view ect was amazing.

It's a shame we didn't get to enjoy the beach or pool but it was still the loveliest hotel on the beach.
We ate in the main restaurant ever night, the scallops are to die for.
Had the whole gym to ourselves.amazing.
The only thing I didn't like was the Starbucks coffee. Absolutely disgusting, don't bother it's a waste of money.
Oh and it u like bloody Mary's try theirs. Again top notch

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Kelly S
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear you returned for a second visit and that you experienced amazing customer service from our staff. I am glad you were pleased with your view from your room! It is great to hear you enjoyed our signature restaurant every night. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had read great reviews here in tripadvisor and was looking very forward to stay here. The medical society was having a conference here. Although location is fine I found hotel understaffed at front desk and in restaurant at lunch time. It took 40 minutes for my sandwich to arrive. Also valet parking only was not very convenient and took too much time. Costs of rooms, food, etc was very very expensive. There is also a 20$ daily parking charge besides 25$ resort daily fee. Also was not even able to get wifi in the conference room ( when I asked about this I was told the convention group did not pay for that but I could use the wifi in the lobby).
Good points; beautiful beach and pool. The concierge was very helpful. He was able to print my boarding pass. The friendly front desk person was able to give us extra k cups for the keurig in the room. The beds were comfortable.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ssfpdo
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort on Clearwater Beach. I am very sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay with the service in the restaurant, front desk and valet. I will share you comments the managers and work on improving in those areas. I am happy that you were pleased with the concierge, friendly front desk agent and the pool and beach.

If you would like to speak personally regarding your stay, please feel free to contact me directly at the resort.

Eric Waltz

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed here in August 2013 after a couple of weeks at a villa in Davenport. This hotel its facilities and location were a blessing after busy 2 weeks around Disney and alike! we paid for Gulf view room and so glad we did it was beautiful. Room was spacious and clean with all you needed. Lovely modern clean bathroom. Fab pool and straight onto the beach which was massive and clean too with fantastic views along with warm sea... wonderful. First few days we were there was some sort of US holiday time so around the pool was very busy you could hardly get a sunbed but once they were all back at work or school it was no prob at all. There was tea & coffee facilities in room but not much option of decaf tea unless you like flavored! wifi was useful. we ate at hotel on first night to avoid looking around for a nice meal but were not overly impressed with the food considering the massive price tag the next night we ate at a fab place (i forget the name of sorry) at half the price but way better food especially as i like fish. theres loads of places to eat around so i recommend eating out. If you are parking at the hotel as always be aware of the need to constantly tip, so park up and just leave it not that you should really need to drive anywhere as you can walk. I did not have time to use spa facilities so no comment on that.

Room Tip: Pay for Gulf view room as you will be glad you did and avoid booking at American holiday times as it...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KJM1978
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa in August. I am delighted you were pleased with your spacious room with a Gulf view. I am glad you were able to enjoy the local restaurants, as there are many in walking distance convenient to our location on Mandalay! We greatly appreciate your feedback about our facilities and amenities at the resort. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Sandpearl offers very nice updated accommodations on the beach. The pool was an amazing getaway from everyday life. The staff was wonderful. The sand on the private beach is comparable to powder. If I didn't know any better, I would think I was in the Florida Keys.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 73hrd
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am so happy you were able to getaway and enjoy some rest and relaxation poolside at the resort. It is great to hear our staff were wonderful to you. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon!