In December we came back to Sandpearl in what I hope will be a frequent destination for us. The well kept secret of Clearwater Beach being the best beach town in America was ruined when the USA today survey confirmed what we already knew. Clearwater Beach was ranked #1 overwhelmingly in its survey... it is gorgeous. The sand is like sugar & the beach is amazingly wide & by walking due North you come to Caledesi Island state park (actually connected to Clearwater by a wide sandbar) & you feel as if you have a private beach (no buildings for miles. Walk South to the pier & you will be within feet of a great marina, restaurants & a more traditional beach scene. Sandpearl resort exceeded every expectation. The lagoon pool is heated huge & has well placed seating benches (in the water). There are multiple hot tubs. An absolutely great touch is the fire pit with seating located around a fire ON the beach just next to the more informal restaurant / beach bar. The work out room could be a small fitness club... the equipment is excellent. Somehow this place blends opulence & down home comfort seamlessly. All top resorts have people working there who are trained to be nice, but this staff seems to genuinely be happy to be there & glad to help you out.
Like all resorts there are itemized charges but I did not feel they were hidden at all (I have seen that in other reviews re "hidden charges"). The charges were clear & first appeared on the website as soon as you checked for prices. I suppose people would "feel" better if the room charge was $20 more & there was no $20 parking fee, but the cost would be the same. Plus you wouldn't get to save $20 on trips when you don't bring a car (we didn't in December)
It is worth the extra money to have a direct western GULFVIEW over the pool & if you can get a suite with a full kitchen & laundry room it is worth it (actually W & D located in the condo in some suites) The rooms are great but the big suites on the top two floors are fabulous.
I have stayed at more expensive resorts but never at one that felt more fun & more worth it.
Just to nit pick. The main king mattress was excellent but the mattress on the pull out couch was poor to average. I have stayed in private condos where the owner got a lousy $50 gelfoam top for the pull out mattress & it made it ten times more comfortable. Management needs to think about this... if they want to continue to pursue paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning location along a 700-foot expanse on the sugary white sands of pristine Gulf of Mexico beach front, Sandpearl Resort's casually elegant surroundings provide guests with a vacation experience unmatched on the beach. Just 18 miles from Tampa International Airport, our guests will experience the old Florida tradition of hospitality at our brand new world-class property. Our friendly staff will help make your stay memorable through plush amenities and impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandpearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpearl Hotel Clearwater
- Sandpearl Resort Clearwater, Florida