“The best resort on the best beach I have ever seen”
Review of Sandpearl Resort

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #7 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 29 January 2014

In December we came back to Sandpearl in what I hope will be a frequent destination for us. The well kept secret of Clearwater Beach being the best beach town in America was ruined when the USA today survey confirmed what we already knew. Clearwater Beach was ranked #1 overwhelmingly in its survey... it is gorgeous. The sand is like sugar & the beach is amazingly wide & by walking due North you come to Caledesi Island state park (actually connected to Clearwater by a wide sandbar) & you feel as if you have a private beach (no buildings for miles. Walk South to the pier & you will be within feet of a great marina, restaurants & a more traditional beach scene. Sandpearl resort exceeded every expectation. The lagoon pool is heated huge & has well placed seating benches (in the water). There are multiple hot tubs. An absolutely great touch is the fire pit with seating located around a fire ON the beach just next to the more informal restaurant / beach bar. The work out room could be a small fitness club... the equipment is excellent. Somehow this place blends opulence & down home comfort seamlessly. All top resorts have people working there who are trained to be nice, but this staff seems to genuinely be happy to be there & glad to help you out.

Like all resorts there are itemized charges but I did not feel they were hidden at all (I have seen that in other reviews re "hidden charges"). The charges were clear & first appeared on the website as soon as you checked for prices. I suppose people would "feel" better if the room charge was $20 more & there was no $20 parking fee, but the cost would be the same. Plus you wouldn't get to save $20 on trips when you don't bring a car (we didn't in December)

It is worth the extra money to have a direct western GULFVIEW over the pool & if you can get a suite with a full kitchen & laundry room it is worth it (actually W & D located in the condo in some suites) The rooms are great but the big suites on the top two floors are fabulous.

I have stayed at more expensive resorts but never at one that felt more fun & more worth it.

Just to nit pick. The main king mattress was excellent but the mattress on the pull out couch was poor to average. I have stayed in private condos where the owner got a lousy $50 gelfoam top for the pull out mattress & it made it ten times more comfortable. Management needs to think about this... if they want to continue to pursue paradise.

Room Tip: Gulf front suite / ask for kitchen laundry
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank brianfromCincy
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear your experience with us exceeded your expectations. It is our pleasure to enhance your stay in any way and happily serve you. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,514)

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and everything worked well. The suite we had asked for was very nice and clean, and could accomodate nicely our 9 year old daughter in the living space. The hotel has its years but it is nicely kept and everything works nicely. The beach is very good and all the facilities at the swimming pool are very nice also.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Miguel M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am so happy to hear you were pleased with your suite and the space for your family. I am glad you were able to enjoy the beach and the swimming pool during your stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

What a incredible hotel right on the white sand beach,staff was great, rooms were beautiful
food was awesome and their spa was too die for with a very knowledgeable staff. I have been
coming to clearwater beach for many years and live at Belle Harbour this was a kettle retreat for the Misses and I and we really love it . We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Cross mandalay ave to the best grouper sandwich ever, Frenchy you won't be sorry doesn't lo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael T

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted you enjoyed the food, your room, and experienced great service from our staff. We hope you choose to stay at the Sandpearl Resort when you return to Clearwater Beach. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

The hotel has a great location and gorgeous look. Employees appear happy and helpful but the answer to every request was a firm no given without hesitation. They charge $20 for parking per day, plus tips every time you request or drop off your car. They charge $15 per day to use the amenities. Personally, I think this should be covered with the room cost. The banquet food is disgusting. Tasted terrible and no variety. I asked for a grilled cheese for dinner and was told "that is completely outside the realm of possibility". Staff smiled at you but if you had a question or needed anything...good luck. I think this place is way over priced for what it is. It's pretty, it's nice, but it's costly and they are unaccommodating considering they are a resort.

• Stayed: January 2014
8  Thank 3-dog-crazy
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for joining us at the Sandpearl Resort. I hope you and your group had a good time while with us. In your review you mentioned a couple issues that you had with regards to our pricing. I am sorry that you feel like you were "nickel and dimed". While we do have extra charges, as similar resorts do, we feel like the convenience and extras that are added to your stay makes the costs explainable. Again, I am sorry you do not agree. Also, you mentioned our food during your banquets. We normally get rave reviews on our Catering Food however it appears this time that was not the case. I will speak to the Chef to see if something happened to make this time different.

If you would like to speak personally regarding your stay please feel free to contact me directly at the resort.

Again, thank you for your review.

Eric Waltz

Reviewed 21 January 2014

First the good….the rooms, the location, the staff, the food, the view everything was beautiful. You are greeted with a glass of champagne. Just be mindful of other extra costs, $20 pkg/night, $25/amenities (2 bottles of water/room, towels for pool, workout room usage), tax, tax on tax.

Room Tip: be sure to get a gulf view, it's worth the extra.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FriedaLucy
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear you were happy with the rooms, location, staff, food, and view during your visit! We take pride in the service and accommodations we provide for our guests. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Can I just say this is the second time we've stayed here n that's for a reason.
Thor customer service is amazing.
We were here when the weather was possibly the worst it have ever been in Florida for a long time.
Everything we asked them for was no trouble, the room,view ect was amazing.

It's a shame we didn't get to enjoy the beach or pool but it was still the loveliest hotel on the beach.
We ate in the main restaurant ever night, the scallops are to die for.
Had the whole gym to ourselves.amazing.
The only thing I didn't like was the Starbucks coffee. Absolutely disgusting, don't bother it's a waste of money.
Oh and it u like bloody Mary's try theirs. Again top notch

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Kelly S
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear you returned for a second visit and that you experienced amazing customer service from our staff. I am glad you were pleased with your view from your room! It is great to hear you enjoyed our signature restaurant every night. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had read great reviews here in tripadvisor and was looking very forward to stay here. The medical society was having a conference here. Although location is fine I found hotel understaffed at front desk and in restaurant at lunch time. It took 40 minutes for my sandwich to arrive. Also valet parking only was not very convenient and took too much time. Costs of rooms, food, etc was very very expensive. There is also a 20$ daily parking charge besides 25$ resort daily fee. Also was not even able to get wifi in the conference room ( when I asked about this I was told the convention group did not pay for that but I could use the wifi in the lobby).
Good points; beautiful beach and pool. The concierge was very helpful. He was able to print my boarding pass. The friendly front desk person was able to give us extra k cups for the keurig in the room. The beds were comfortable.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ssfpdo
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort on Clearwater Beach. I am very sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay with the service in the restaurant, front desk and valet. I will share you comments the managers and work on improving in those areas. I am happy that you were pleased with the concierge, friendly front desk agent and the pool and beach.

If you would like to speak personally regarding your stay, please feel free to contact me directly at the resort.

Eric Waltz