“Beautiful!”

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #7 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful propert at a superb location. The rooms are very nice with the gulf view rooms (south facing) offering a great view of the gulf and pool area. The pool and beach are outstanding and the pool staff was very good, especially Brian. This place is expensive but truly outstanding, I highly recommend it especially if you can visit during low season when you can get a relatively low rate.

• Stayed: February 2014
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful time at our pool and that our staff was accommodating. I will be sure to pass along the kind word to Brian. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,513)

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Rob, Erica and Katie were all awesome .... made us feel like family :)
Beach drinks, Smores, Sunset and fun apps.
Awesome location out on the beach that caters to families. Valet Parking attendants were nice, front desk people were happy and all my guests were equally satisfied. Thanks for a great experience.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Heinz F
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I will be sure to pass along the kind words to Rob, Erica, and Katie. I am happy to hear they made you feel apart of the family here at the resort! I am delighted your encounters with our staff made for a pleasant experience throughout your stay. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Okay every other establishment on this beach hires kids for the season that's obvious but I feel like a babysitter here, like I have to card the person serving the drinks, parking my car that's one thing but come on I'm paying for the service and professionalism this is not five star I stay at ritz , mandarins allt he time, no n yes its beautiful but no no , seems more like they are not raising th e bar the staff must not hire more professional staff because they are threatens by someone who could teach them more about being professional and at a higher level they got lucky in a day the five star check was made, no way are they five star , and thee keeping and increasing service skills is evident by the youthful staff , we visit yearly and just checked in the view this season visited last but no we won't eat there could tell by our experiment would not refer this to my high profile clients .last year was interesting , , u know its hard to be unhappy wh en u have a beautiful view and awesome hotel to stay in, but the young you g staff said a lot. I do two ant to pay 350 plus a night anyplace to baby sit

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. In your review you mentioned the main concern was the age of the staff. While our valued associates do range in age from 18 to 70, we hire our team based on their level of friendliness, passion for service and caring for our guests. Age is not a deciding factor in adding people to our team. I would be very interested to speak regarding particular issues that occurred so that we may focus on those issues and improve. If you would like to speak, and find it appropriate, please feel free to contact me directly at the resort.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.

Eric Waltz

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Originally booked at the adjacent Hilton Clearwater for business meetings and a few extra days of sun. Left the Hilton after one night. Very small rooms, cleanliness was an issue and overall hotel not up to Hilton standards. Moved to the Sandpearl for 4 nights. What a breath of fresh air. Beautiful hotel, welcoming staff, very nice public spaces and excellent restaurant. What a change. Sure it was more expensive, but a world apart in what we experienced. Would stay here again. Would never, ever, stay at the Hilton again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J H
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear you were warmly welcomed by our staff and that you found the resort to be a breath of fresh air. It is our pleasure to do what we can to make you feel comfortable at the resort. I am glad you were able to enjoy one of our restaurants on property as well! We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Visited in December over Xmas. Have visited this resort many times since it opened being from Minnesota we love the weather. The hotel is beautiful. Everything from the rooms to the outside pool area is spotless. The food at Tates by the pool is very good. The burgers and the wraps are our favorites. The restaurant/bar in the hotel is very nice. They have live music on Friday and Saturday. There are some great eating places within walking distance. Cooters, all the Frenchy's Palm Pavillion, Clearsky. Crabby Bill's Hooters all have very good food . The best Crab legs I had were at Hooters. The Beach Shanty is a great breakfast place to eat. Staff is great! The beach in front of hotel is beautiful with white sugary sand. Although fairly expensive Sandpearl is by far best hotel in Clearwater Beach possibly in all of Florida!

Room Tip: Room facing beach
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted you found our food in our restaurants on property, as well as the nearby fare, to be wonderful. It is great to hear you think the Sandpearl is one of the best resorts in Florida! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel is gorgeous, the rooms are wonderful! Not cheap so you have to go at the right time of the year, you will pay for the luxury. Of course outside is even better, great location. Close to Frenchy's (two of them!)which you have to go to for food. The one not so great review would be the food, it was good but my expectations were very high and they were not met. Better to go off property to get better food at a better price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RJ823
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted you were happy with your room and found our location to surrounding shops and restaurants to be convenient. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This resort has a lot going for it, nice open spaces, beautiful decor, chairs, artwork etc. Lots of activities throughout the day as well. My stay there the weather wasn't nice at all, but the pool/hot tub/beach area looked great! Was there primarily for a business conference, and those facilities were nice, though the AC was cranked a little too much for only 50 degrees outside. The catering for lunch and breakfast was good - the steel cut oats were a bit runny when I tried them though. I felt sometimes the catering staff was a little too punctual in their removing of the beverages throughout the day though (like while people were still trying to get coffee). The concierge staff was great and helpful, offering a beverage upon arrival, calling the taxi for me to the airport, refreezing my icepacks before travel and everything in between. I even saw someone polishing the name of the resort in the ground outside the door!

Gift shop was overpriced, but a CVS is close by so that is very convenient for forgotten items. In room services were nice, keurig machine, dasani water, floss and Qtips all provided! Rocking chairs on the balcony would have been appreciated more if the weather was nicer!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am glad you found our artwork, spaciousness, and décor to be nice, adding to that "resort" feel you were looking for. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay despite the dreary weather outside. We hope the weather is better the next time you visit us so you can enjoy our beach more!
We look forward to welcoming you back.