“This is the only resort you should consider staying at on a Clearwater Beach!!”
Review of Sandpearl Resort

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This place is AMAZING! I would stay here again and again. We were greeted with complimentary champagne upon our arrival and got to check in early. We booked a coastal view room, which the website states faces north and has views of the gulf, bay, and neighborhoods. When we walked into our room, we were pleasantly surprised to have a direct gulf view overlooking the pool, it was fabulous! Great for watching sunsets from our balcony each night. We used AAA and got a 10% discount, so the price of the room was comparable with other resorts at the beach. We had told the resort at booking that we were celebrating a special occasion, so later that day we found chocolate covered strawberries had been delivered to our room!

The service at this resort is incredible. Every staff member we encountered was so nice, so accommodating, we felt like royalty.

What really sets this resort apart from the other main resorts - Hyatt and Hilton - are the location and amenities. Sandpearl is directly on the beach AND they own the beach property right in front of the resort, which allows them to provide food/drink service right to your beach chair. You can't drink anywhere else ON the beach and the Hyatt isn't even located on the beach, it's across the street! Sandpearl is located north of the pier, so the beach is less crowded. Even on spring break week (when we visited), the beach wasn't crowded. We walked down south of the pier and it was a ZOO. Not an inch of beach available for you to sit down. The Sandpearl is close enough that you can walk to the pier to see all the action (about a 5 minute walk), but far enough away that you can still enjoy a relaxing beach vacation. It is also right next door to Frenchy's and Palm Pavilion, 2 great beach front restaurants (none of those by the other resorts). The pool is awesome and heated, which was so enjoyable while visiting on a cooler week in March. Sandpearl has a beach front bar, live music, hammocks, a fire pit circled with Adirondack chairs, and tons of activities.

The $25/day resort fee covers wireless internet, chairs on the beach, towels, fitness center access and 1 bike rental (it covers some other things, but these are the main ones we cared about). Not terrible, to be expected at a resort. The only fee the resort charges that we were a little unhappy with was the $20/day valet parking - there is no self parking here (and nowhere to park on the street). We knew this going in though. So be prepared to tack on $45/night to whatever room rate you book.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AshGator1
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

review, yesterday

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am delighted to hear that the service provided to you from our staff was incredible and that every staff member you encountered made you feel like royalty. It is great to hear that our pool was an enjoyable place for you to relax and rejuvenate on your celebratory getaway! We greatly appreciate all your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,461)

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I had a 2 night stay here and enjoyed my visit. The resort is beautiful as is the pool and beach area. The staff was consistently very nice. I had a client dinner one night in Caretta's and it was fantastic.

My only disappointment was with my room. My reservation clearly said Bayview. On the 3rd floor opposite the Beach, I had no view of the Bay. I felt the description was misleading,
The other unexpected was the noise in the room. I have never stayed in a hotel were I heard more from other rooms. Also, you could hear the toilets flush from the other rooms, all the time.

I am unsure I would stay again because the room rate was very high. The rooms do not measure up to the rest of the Resort.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank BulldogMatt
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am happy that your client dinner in our signature restaurant, Caretta on the Gulf, went well. The fact that our staff were consistently very nice is wonderful to hear.

In your review, you mentioned booking a Bay View room, however you were not able to see the Bay from your room on the third floor. I would recommend, if booking a Bay View room again, requesting a high floor to provide a better viewing of the intercostal, opposite the beach. Perhaps one of our Coastal View rooms would be more accommodating for you. These room are situated on the North side of the resort, priced a bit higher than the Bay View rooms, but do give you a view of the Gulf of Mexico up the coastline of Clearwater Beach.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you return to the Sandpearl Resort on your next visit to Clearwater.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

After spending seven days in Siesta Key, we drove up to Clearwater for one night to be closer to our flight home from the Tampa airport. We were reluctant about parachuting into spring break party central, but were really impressed with the oasis we found at Sandpearl.

Upon check-in, we were greeted with valet car service ($20/night) and were offered a glass of champagne. Nice start. Our room was a good size - two queens for a family of four - well equipped and very quiet (on the side of the building opposite to the pool, facing both the beach and bay).

We took a long walk down the beach - too much chaotic activity for us - and were more interested in spending time in the quiet paradise of the resort. Beach hammocks, beach loungers (drink service at the ready!) surf side activities and a heated pool with two hot tubs fit the bill.

After a day in the sun, we transitioned over to the causal beachside grill for dinner. Good food, great service, live music and a spectacular sunset. From dinner, we moved into the hot tub, then back in the main pool for the nightly movie screening. Cozy, family fun.

The only disappointment was breakfast in the Marketplace. Lots of white bread, sugary carbohydrates and a bit of fresh fruit (moldy) and not much else (decent coffee though). $35 bought us a gut ache - if we had a do-over, we'd head out to one of the breakfast places on the strip. Oh, also there were no exercise classes in the 48 hours we were there - they should consider expanding the classes to at least one every day...especially during peak capacity times.

Overall, the Sandpearl was a super friendly, bright, activity filled resort with lots to keep us busy...and just the right amount of spots to decompress. We will be back if we head to Clearwater again.

Room Tip: Outward facing from the pool and beach side grill if you want complete peace and quiet. The nightly...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Sandpearl Resort. I am so glad you were able to decompress and find fun activities around the resort to escape from the spring breakers on Clearwater Beach. I am happy to hear you were pleased with the service and food from our restaurants on property as well. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Good: lovely Hotel. Great position along the Gulf Cost with good access straight onto the powdery white sand of Clearwater beach. Hotel staff friendly, especially those at the Hotel entrance.
The bad: Pool and pool area small and sunbeds in very close proximity so it all feels a tad cramped and overly intimate in a bad way. Beach umbrella rental is 25 dollars a day which seems money grabbing as the hotel also charges a mandatory daily 25 dollar resort fee.
Housekeeping was patchy at times. Room was never dusted as far as I could see and twice we ran out of toilet paper! The biggest disappointment was the quality of the bed linen used. In my view one of the joys of going to an expensive hotel is to climb between crisp, smooth bed linen of a night. For this calibre of hotel I would have expected at the very least 200 thread linen as a minimum and everything to be ironed, luxurious and generous. Bed linens used across both our queen beds were narrow and skimpy; worst still was that fitted, non-ironed (!!) sheets were used instead of a flat bottom sheet.
Air-con and fridge in room were very noisy meaning we'd run the room as cold as possible during the day with a view to switching off the A/C off overnight to allow sleep although this was less than ideal as the room rapidly warmed.
We left a comprehensive feedback card in the room on departure but hotel management never bothered to contact us to discuss nor did check-out staff ask us how our stay had been. Complacency if ever I’ve seen it,
Would I go back? No.

Room Tip: We took a gulf front room which whilst nice with hindsight I don't think was worth the premium.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ginny j
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our hotel to be lovely and our staff friendly.

In your review you mentioned a couple of concerns. I am sorry you found our pool area small. In comparison to similar sized hotels we feel that our pool area is ample however I do understand your comments regarding the spacing of our pool chairs. We do our best to maximize the space around our pool to accommodate everyone. We also pride ourselves on having a great pool area and being able to walk directly from our pool onto our beach and offer a great beach experience as well. We do charge for umbrellas however we do have chairs on the beach that are complimentary. The reason for the charge of the umbrellas is to allow us to monitor the usage of the umbrellas. In the past we experienced guests who would reserve chairs around the pool and the beach at the same time which would leave no space for other guests. By charging we found that this was not an issue and other guests would be more courteous towards the other guests. I hope you understand.

I will speak with our Housekeeping Manager regarding the comments on the room cleanliness. This is normally something that we pride ourselves in. Regarding the bedding, you are correct we do use a fitted sheet however the top sheets, duvet covers and all pillow cases are ironed each time they are laundered.

My apologies for not responding earlier to the message you left in the room. I am not sure why but I have not received it yet. I will look into it.

If you would like to speak personally regarding your stay, please feel free to contact my directly at the resort.

Again, thank you for your time.

Eric Waltz

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This place is impeccable! We have been treated so nicely here. We were surprised today by a nice anniversary card and strawberries in our room when we mentioned that is was our 10 year anniversary. The front desk staff were so accommodating. We were able to switch from a 2 queen bed room to a king bed. The bed is so comfy! The rooms are beautiful and the bar and pool staff are so kind. The Kuerig coffee maker in your room is a bonus ! Wish we could stay longer! I would highly recommend this place over the other hotels on Clearwater beach that we have stayed at in the past.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear our staff treated you so nicely and that you enjoyed your time at the Sandpearl while celebrating your 10 year anniversary! We do hope that you choose the Sandpearl Resort the next time you are in Clearwater Beach. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I was offered the Amex escape package with the fourth night free and was told the 4th night would be removed from the bill on checkout. This was verified by their reservations dept ,Amex,as well as the front desk manager on checkin.When it was time to checkout they said they were not crediting the fourth night as advertised but that the promised rate was actually 25% less each of the 4 nights and they inflated the room rate which was never told to me at over $750/ night.When I showed them my confirmation which showed all six nights at $510/ night they still did not do the right thing. They should be ashamed of them selves for treating a return customer in this way.if they do not do what is right I would never stay there again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Brent S
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay with us. I would like to take this opportunity to explain what happened with your reservation. This package was a new one for our team and it is a bit confusing to explain how it works. Your reservation was for a Gulf Front Junior Suite during the first part of March. The Best Available Rate for that room during that time was $720. When that package was booked, it adjusted 25% off of 4 nights that equated to a free room after 4 nights. After reading your review I fully understand the confusion. When you booked the reservation and it was confirmed, you should have been told that the rate was $720 per night prior to discount and your new rate would be $510. This step never happened and it led you to believe that the best available rate for the first three nights was $510 and the fourth would be free, therefore leading you to believe that we did not honor the discount.

Since this review was posted I have met with our Director of Reservations and talked about the confusion this created. We have changed the package so that now it reflects the first 3 nights are at full price and the fourth night is free. I am very sorry for the confusion and hard feelings.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. If you would like to speak personally regarding this issue please feel free to contact me directly at the resort. We most definitely hope to see you again.

Eric Waltz

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for and this was clear at Sandpearl. $300+ a night and up and this place delivers all the way. Beautiful resort right on the beach. First class service all around from everyone. Will definitely be going back.
-------------------

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Bowser_10

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your most recent stay with us. I am glad you found the resort to be beautiful and that the service to you provided by our staff was first class. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Sandpearl Resort!