This place is AMAZING! I would stay here again and again. We were greeted with complimentary champagne upon our arrival and got to check in early. We booked a coastal view room, which the website states faces north and has views of the gulf, bay, and neighborhoods. When we walked into our room, we were pleasantly surprised to have a direct gulf view overlooking the pool, it was fabulous! Great for watching sunsets from our balcony each night. We used AAA and got a 10% discount, so the price of the room was comparable with other resorts at the beach. We had told the resort at booking that we were celebrating a special occasion, so later that day we found chocolate covered strawberries had been delivered to our room!
The service at this resort is incredible. Every staff member we encountered was so nice, so accommodating, we felt like royalty.
What really sets this resort apart from the other main resorts - Hyatt and Hilton - are the location and amenities. Sandpearl is directly on the beach AND they own the beach property right in front of the resort, which allows them to provide food/drink service right to your beach chair. You can't drink anywhere else ON the beach and the Hyatt isn't even located on the beach, it's across the street! Sandpearl is located north of the pier, so the beach is less crowded. Even on spring break week (when we visited), the beach wasn't crowded. We walked down south of the pier and it was a ZOO. Not an inch of beach available for you to sit down. The Sandpearl is close enough that you can walk to the pier to see all the action (about a 5 minute walk), but far enough away that you can still enjoy a relaxing beach vacation. It is also right next door to Frenchy's and Palm Pavilion, 2 great beach front restaurants (none of those by the other resorts). The pool is awesome and heated, which was so enjoyable while visiting on a cooler week in March. Sandpearl has a beach front bar, live music, hammocks, a fire pit circled with Adirondack chairs, and tons of activities.
The $25/day resort fee covers wireless internet, chairs on the beach, towels, fitness center access and 1 bike rental (it covers some other things, but these are the main ones we cared about). Not terrible, to be expected at a resort. The only fee the resort charges that we were a little unhappy with was the $20/day valet parking - there is no self parking here (and nowhere to park on the street). We knew this going in though. So be prepared to tack on $45/night to whatever room rate you book.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning location along a 700-foot expanse on the sugary white sands of pristine Gulf of Mexico beach front, Sandpearl Resort's casually elegant surroundings provide guests with a vacation experience unmatched on the beach. Just 18 miles from Tampa International Airport, our guests will experience the old Florida tradition of hospitality at our brand new world-class property. Our friendly staff will help make your stay memorable through plush amenities and impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sandpearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpearl Hotel Clearwater
- Sandpearl Resort Clearwater, Florida