“A Resort with Tradition ...”
Review of Sandpearl Resort

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #6 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Merlischachen, Switzerland
“A Resort with Tradition ...”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This Resort is one of the best in the area. A disadvantage is its new trend for a Family friendly appearal with loud and noisy film presentations at the Pool side at Night Time. The Rooms Are spacious and our Upgrade put us in a really beautiful junior suite...

Room Tip: Tell the concierge that you prefer Gulf view without Noisy Night Film presentations at the Pool ....
Green Features: They have done at least something...It seems that The Green Way has become popular in the U.S. as well...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rolf05
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am happy you feel our resort is one of the best in the area and you were pleased with the suite upgrade you were given upon checking in.

Please accept my apology for the noise you heard from our dive-in movies. They are usually a big hit with the children and are not normally an issue for our other guests. Our pool managers have been made aware of the noise and will make sure the volume is not too high moving forward. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Clearwater.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Hebrew first
Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Site of business conference and everything was quite agreeable. Staff close to Ritz Carlton level of customer service (not quite there yet....I had to find pool side server) but accommodations were outstanding and my experience with the housekeeping staff was memorable! I was surprised at good catering quality- every business meal was well prepared and elegantly presented. Would definitely come back for personal visit

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us. I am delighted that your experience with our housekeeping team was memorable and the accommodations in your room were outstanding. It is wonderful to hear that the meals prepared by our catering staff were of great quality for you. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Ohio
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was our 3rd time staying at this resort. The 1st time, about 3 years ago, was amazing, simply wonderful and perfect. The 2nd time, just last year, was good but experienced some bad customer service. After this last stay, just last week, I may not ever return. Something has changed, I think it was bought by some other company or at least run by some new company (Opal?). I would like to know who's brilliant idea it was to show a movie at night by the pool where the sound is so loud you cannot sleep or even watch TV without turning up the volume very loud. I didn't know I booked a resort at a drive-in movie. The activity sheet said they only show poolside movie's on the weekends but they played it on Monday night, Tuesday night, and Wednesday night and probably would have played it all week except it rained. Very, very bad idea. And there was hardly anyone even watching it. They also botched our town car transportation back to the airport and had to take a cab (not a fan of cabs). Also had an issue at the spa, showing up a half hour early as requested just to stand around waiting. Customer service just seems to have really went bad somewhere along the way. There were a couple of people that did provide outstanding service (Kyle and Kenny in particular) but that was about it. I don't want to hear excuses when things go wrong, I just want it made right. Hopefully, this isn't everyone's experience but I'm afraid customer service is on a downward spiral and I doubt I'll return.

Room Tip: Maybe if you don't expect 5 star service, you won't be dissappointed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GaryS_Hilliard
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your stay did not live up to your previous visits.

In your review you commented on new ownership. We do not have new ownership. The current owners have proudly owned the resort for the past 3.5 years. You also commented on the dive-in movies. This is normally something that guests enjoy. I have spoken to the pool managers to make sure that the volume is not too high, as it appears was the issue during your stay. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I also apologize for your issues at the Spa and with your transportation.

If you would like to speak personally regarding the experience please feel free to contact me at the resort.

Eric Waltz
North Jersey
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My cousin got married on the property so our whole family took a vacation. I was floored by the level of customer service on the property. I had a wonderful experience dining in the restaurants and visiting the spa. We also took a yoga class. I traveled with my 16 month old son and they were very accommodating. Rooms were gorgeous. We loved the pool and the beachside hammocks. Highly recommended for a vacation or even a wedding destination!

Stayed April 2014
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent visit to the Sandpearl Resort. We are delighted you and your family chose to share such a special occasion with us. I am so happy to hear our staff were accommodating to you and your little one. It is our pleasure to assist you in any way, and we hope you return to the Sandpearl on your next trip to Clearwater! We greatly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the Sandpearl's new beach bar. Paula, the bartender, makes great drinks & is very friendly. The salmon and shrimp salads are amazing. Price is great too. The Sand Pearl is the former Clearwater Beach Hotel and has been entirely updated. The inside restaurant is great also. It is a great place for weddings and other gatherings.

• Stayed May 2014
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you had a great dining experience at Tate Island Grill and received friendly service from our staff at our poolside restaurant. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Paul. It is great to hear you enjoy our updated resort. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Clearwater!

Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This place is so awesome that My wife and I could live here. The staff makes you feel like your family. The rooms are comfortable and clean. House keeping keeps everything in order. Servers at pool do their best to keep your drinks cooled. Front staff the best. Even the other guest say hello to you. Now you do have some negative guest but from what I can tell nothing makes them happy. Prices are high but you get what you pay for. For what you get at the Sandpearl on clearwater beach it's well worth it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Deno V
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear our staff made you feel like family and that you received excellent service from our housekeeping team and pool staff. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Clearwater Beach.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This resort is top notch!!! Everything gets a 5 star!!! Rooms are very clean, beds are comfortable, service by the entire hotel staff was also the best we've received overall compared to anywhere else (all the way from front desk crew, concierge, pool desk, restaurants, and staff working the beach). My husband and I both work in customer service so this is is something that is extremely important to us and can be hard to find these days. This resort is in the best location, all shops and great restaurants are within walking distance, no car needed. And after walking a mile down the beach, we learned that we also have the best beach front. It's private with chairs and umbrellas you can rent for the day, very clean, not crowded, and you get waited on. If we ever make it back to Clearwater, we already plan to re-book here. Oh and I did forget my sweater in the restaurant on our last day. I didn't realize it until I got to the airport but when I called to see if they found it, it took them about an hour to get it down to the shipping department with my information, it was sent out that next day (Monday). I've done this before in the past, it usually takes hotels days to get something like this taken care of, I was very impressed. Very trustworthy crew over there! If I could give them a 10 star I would!!

Room Tip: We had a beach view room right above the pool area, may have been a bit more expensive but it was wo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stacey H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that our staff worked efficiently to return your lost item to you as soon as possible. It is great to hear you were impressed with our customer service and that our staff provided you with the best service compared to anywhere else you have stayed. We greatly appreciate your feedback and kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!