“Gorgeous!!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Denver, Colorado
“Gorgeous!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at the sand pearl and we absolututely loved it. We loved how the beach was several steps away from the pool. It is such a beautiful hotel and the rooms are awesome. They prep your beds every day and they make the room look super nice. If you are in Clearwater, you should definitely stay there.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
Green Features: They have all recycled items such as soaps and towels
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jumpropergirl
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us. I am so happy that you loved your trip to the Sandpearl Resort and that our staff could assist in creating cherished memories and comfortable accommodations for you and your family. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Hebrew first
western US
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is nice. It is well decorated in the lobby area & the view is a standout. I was immediately struck by the awful, cheap uniforms that the staff was wearing. Think cleaning crew at a Disney park. I stood at the desk while checking I wondering if my room would be as cheap looking?
I found my room to be fair. It is very clean, which for me trumps many things. Especially at a beach resort. They tend to be worn out very quickly.
The staff is polite, helpful but not up to the refined atmosphere of the hotel.
Love the beach chair service & the on site activities, such as the s'mores night, paddle boarding and yoga.
I would return & gladly pay more for the amenities that the Sand Pearl offers.

Columbia, MO
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just began a very disappointing stay at the Sandpearl. I booked a gulf front junior suite over 6 months ago, knowing this would be a difficult time for my family and hoping for a great beach getaway to cheer us. Imagine my disappointment upon arriving at 4:00 today, to be told our room was not available. Try as we might, we could not seem to explain to Courtney at the front desk that offering a lesser room (even at a lesser price, though only offering the same AAA discount we used when booking) and 4 breakfast entrees does NOT compensate for losing our room--if we wanted the lesser room at the lesser rate, we would have booked that room 6 months ago. (Since we travel all the way from the Midwest to the beach, we book exactly the room we want.) We ended up taking the room Courtney offered, as there didn't seem to be readily available alternatives. On the positive side, the hotel seems very well maintained, and all of the other staff seems competent and helpful. Unfortunately, the whole room assignment situation has shaded our entire impression of this property.

• Stayed June 2014
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time and writing a review of your stay at the Sandpearl Resort Clearwater Beach. I appreciate it.

Please accept my sincere apology for the issue you had regarding your room type. I am not sure what exactly happened in your case but we do our absolute best to guarantee that everyone gets exactly what they expect. I am sure that Courtney did everything possible to get you in the right room type but unfortunately it was out of her control. I know how important getting what you expect is, especially when you travel as far as you did to get here.

Again, my apologies for the issue.

Eric Waltz
Mansfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The resort was very nice, very clean, in a great location. The beach was beautiful and you can walk to many amenities. The staff was polite and attentive. Nightly activities including outdoor movies and cooking s'mores. The only negative is how outrageously priced the food and drinks were.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Colleen W
LaniWood, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent visit to the Sandpearl Resort. I am happy you felt the resort was clean and in a great location. We certainly are in close proximity to several shops and restaurants along Clearwater Beach. It is our pleasure to assist you and enhance your stay in any way we can while you are with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Our second trip to Clearwater and Sandpearl. The best vacation both times. There is not one thing I could or would complain about. Love everything about the Sandpearl, great pool, great beach and everyone that works there are always pleasant!! Thanks Sandpearl for another great vacation!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent stay with us. We are delighted your second visit to the Sandpearl Resort was one of your best vacations! It is great to hear that our staff provided memorable service during your stay and you were pleased with our pool and private beach area. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

omaha
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just returned from a 3-day stay at the Sandpearl (just my husband and I). We were offered champagne upon check-in, which was a nice touch! Very friendly, very attentive staff. Lots of families with kids at the resort and there appeared to be lots of good activities for kids throughout the day as well.

Room: Gulf view. Large space, very clean, bed was comfortable, balcony a little small, but has two nice rocking chairs. Enjoyed sitting outside. Gulf view is well worth the extra money, however I would also say that most of the other rooms (unless you face the road vs the beach) would be pretty good views as well. The higher the floors, the better the views. TIP: Rooms are pretty close together, as it's a small property, so you do not have much privacy unless you shut your blinds. Please shut your blinds! Some things cannot be unseen!

Pool: We arrived on a Thursday and pool time on both Thursday and Friday was surprisingly light. Saturday was quite a bit heavier and we were lucky to get a spot. You would want to head down early to get a chair. Chairs were comfortable and they have really nice chair covers, if you ask. Service was a little slow, so we went to the bar a lot for our drinks. Good thing is the area is relatively small, so it wasn't an inconvenience. The food at Tate's was REALLY fantastic for poolside food! TIP: There is a flag on every chair. If you need service, put up your flag! We did not know that on Thursday. On Friday, one of the wait staff told us that little trick.

Beach: The resort is right on the beach, so beachfront access is convenient and the walk along the beach was great! There were plenty of chairs on the beach and I quickly found out why. A $25 umbrella charge fee.

Entertainment: Wow! So much to do right outside of the resort itself. Fun shops and really great restaurants. There is a FANTASTIC little breakfast place right next to the Sandpearl, called Clear Sky Beachside Cafe. It you have a chance, you should definitely eat breakfast there!

Which brings me to one of my only complaints about the resort. You are already charged a $25 daily resort fee (and quite frankly I'm not sure what you got with that, although they did point us to it upon check-in). This fee should include the umbrellas tied to the resort. I understand the resort is on a public beach and so perhaps they are trying to keep the public away ~ I get that, but have everyone wear wrist bands or show your room key to designate they are staying there. We also had to pay a $20 daily valet fee, so extra charges added up quickly. Heck, unless you plan on driving around a lot, you don't even need a rental car! There is so much to do within walking distance. However, we had read about this before coming to the resort, so at least it wasn't a surprise.

Overall, a very lovely, relaxing stay and I would definitely return and recommend it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kelly l
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. In your review, you mentioned the food at Tate's was fantastic. I'm so happy you enjoyed our poolside dining restaurant.
During our busiest days, Fridays through Sundays, our pool staff and security monitor the pool area, ensuring guests of ours have wristbands so that the chairs and umbrellas are always available for them, rather than the public. I do apologize if you felt you were being over charged. Our resort fee includes, among other things, the beach chairs on our private beach, bike rental, and towel service at the resort pool and beach.
It is great to hear that our staff was friendly and very attentive throughout your stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Sandpearl is always a pleasant experience. We have stayed many times and have never had a problem. We enjoy the location, food, and service. I personally don't have small children but I always see families at the hotel. The pool area is small for the amount of guest and seating goes fast so I recommend camping out early.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that your visits to the Sandpearl Resort are always a pleasant experience and that our location, food, and service stand out to you. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Clearwater Beach.