The Sandpearl definitely has it's perks. The hotel is in a great location in North Clearwater Beach, central to the Pier, restaurants and shops. The beach location is nice and clean. The pool is large and has a great kiddie area. Good service in most areas.
Negatives and areas we were disappointed on our second stay at Sandpearl--
1) Pool area was crowded the entire week we stayed. It was hard to find chairs by the pool. Also, it was hard to get drink service. We had to find a server each time we wanted to place an order. The servers were very friendly, perhaps the bar/restaurant by the pool was just understaffed during the busy week we stayed.
2) Our kitchen area had dried food on the counter when we arrived and had not been thoroughly cleaned. The kitchen floor was sticky and the space between the soaking tub and sink in the bathroom had a mound of sand between it that remained there during the entire length of our stay. For the most part, cleaning did a good job, but when paying the high price/night to stay in a suite, we expected everything to be immaculate.
3) Our kitchen was mostly equipped with utensils, etc, but there were only 3 each dinner plates and cereal bowls. With a family of four it was difficult to have a meal without washing plates several times to accommodate everyone. Most people probably don't eat in the room, but my son has severe food allergies and we ate every meal in, so it would've been nice to have a better stocked kitchen.
4) With the Sandpearl being a 4-5 star hotel and charging the rates/night and $25/day additional resort fees + $20/day for valet parking, you would think they would provide chairs and umbrellas on the beach to their guests. We walked down to the beach on our second day and were asked if we would like an umbrella and chairs. Then we saw the sign $25/umbrella and 2 chairs. I asked if this charge applied to guests of the hotel, and the Sandpearl employee said "Yes, or you can use the chairs over there. They are complementary to out guests." Off to the far right are several rows of lounge chairs that anyone can sit in...no umbrellas. My family and I have traveled to many beach resorts, and we have never been asked to pay additional for an umbrella and lounge chairs. I was appalled that they would have such a policy in place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning location along a 700-foot expanse on the sugary white sands of pristine Gulf of Mexico beach front, Sandpearl Resort's casually elegant surroundings provide guests with a vacation experience unmatched on the beach. Just 18 miles from Tampa International Airport, our guests will experience the old Florida tradition of hospitality at our brand new world-class property. Our friendly staff will help make your stay memorable through plush amenities and impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandpearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpearl Hotel Clearwater
- Sandpearl Resort Clearwater, Florida