I wrote a review about our stay at this resort in December 2012. I visited the Sand Pearl review page on Trip Advisor this morning in response to an email from Trip Advisor. I never noticed before, but it appears that the General Manager responded to most every review,with the exception of mine. Maybe the Mr. Grumpy. Referred to in my review was, indeed, the general manager himself? Who knows? But it did remind me of the bad customer service that we were greeted with at our last stay. As well as the mishap with our name being dropped (mysteriously) from the Christmas Brunch waiting list.
As much as we enjoyed the ambiance and amenities at this resort, I am very hesitant to stay here in the future due to the service.
My first stay was great. I don't understand why the cold shoulder on our second stay, other than the fact that I was renting a privately owned suite at the resort and not a regular room. Supposedly all amenities are included with the privately owned properties, except for a pleasant attitude from the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning location along a 700-foot expanse on the sugary white sands of pristine Gulf of Mexico beach front, Sandpearl Resort's casually elegant surroundings provide guests with a vacation experience unmatched on the beach. Just 18 miles from Tampa International Airport, our guests will experience the old Florida tradition of hospitality at our brand new world-class property. Our friendly staff will help make your stay memorable through plush amenities and impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Hotelopia so you can book your Sandpearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpearl Hotel Clearwater
- Sandpearl Resort Clearwater, Florida