“Highly Recommend”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
West Palm Beach
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed 15 June 2009

This was a fantastic hotel. Very beautiful, modern, and elegant without the pretentiousness of other high-end hotels. We rented a pool cabana for the afternoon one day and would suggest to anyone looking to do this to reserve it ahead of time for there are only 5 and they are rented out quickly. We also enjoyed getting a cabana on the beach and being able to raise our flag when we needed a wait staff person to order drinks or food. The room was very clean and beautiful, the hotel grounds were gorgeous, the staff was very friendly. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Hebrew first
Maryland
Reviewed 14 June 2009

My family and I just returned from Sandpearl and we had the best vacation ever. The service was outstanding and our room was extremely clean. We had no issues at all. E-mail me if you have specific questions and I will be glad to help you out.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
run23jag
Reviewed 2 June 2009

We stayed at the Sand Pearl for four nights in mid May as a last minute replacement for a trip to Playa Del Carmen. Check-in took twenty minutes due the to the guy checking us in not having the right password for the computer. I was actually in disbelief at how long it took him to get this fixed. Tried not to make it a huge deal, but annoying none the less. I was a lot more upset however when the housekeeper mistook a shopping bag as trash and threw it away, It had my wife's 40th birthday present in it. I contacted the front desk right away. There was a lot of "pass the buck" going on. We spoke to numerous people and the follow through from the management was a joke. I was finally told to buy another on and send them the reciept for reimbursement, no offer for anything other than that. The beach was perfect, except for the fact that despite paying premium prices for this hotel, beach umbrellas are $25 a day....come on already! The pool looked nice but I didn't spend anytime there due to the fact that there were not enough chairs and the pool was PACKED with little kids. We did eat at Tate's one day for lunch, food was okay but the service was slow. I don't mind a little slow, the view is great, as was my company, but it took 48 minutes to get a grouper sandwich and a salad....that's a little long for me. Overall, the hotel looks great, but the bad service, ordinary rooms, and charging for beach umbrellas don't justify their prices. Everyone there should take a lesson or two from the guys at the vallet, they were great!

2 Thank run23jag
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Perfect stay at the Sandpearl May 14 through May 17! We had a wonderful corner room, gulf front jr. suite. Two big wondows, 1 overlooking the beach and the other looking over the pool. Valet went above & beyond! Tanya Clark, our wedding coordinator did great! Check in, with champagne, went quick and smooth - staff very sweet! The pool was perfect with very responsive bar service, frozen grapes, plenty of chairs and towels and yummy chicken quesdillas! Dennis was our favorite pool bartender!!!!!!!!!!! He even got to bartend at our wedding and did a fabulous job! I could go on and on, but as I said before, PERFECT is the best way to describe our stay and the resort!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Me and My Significant Other stayed at The Sandpearl May 14-17 2009.
I have to say the hotel is Fabulous! The Room, Grounds, Staff were incredible.
There is a "Fire Pit" right of the Beach that the holet lights every night. The Sunsets
are incredible too. Please ignore any Bad Reviews.......This place is Awesome!
I normally stay at 5 Star resorts (Ritz & Four seasons) and i enjoyed this More.
Great Service and Up-to-date modern Decor.

Texas
Reviewed 23 May 2009

If you're wondering where you should stay in Clearwater Beach... This hotel was perfect! Decorated beautifully and all views are gorgeous. Staff was so friendly and helpful. Beach is pristine. We enjoyed every minute of it, and we were there when it was cloudy and rainy!! Doesn't matter it was still great! We ate at local hangouts: Frenchies (lunches), Clearwater Sky (great food! 3-7 Happy Hour and half price foods... can't beat it! Great breakfast too!), Mandalay Grill (crabcakes!) and Crabbie Bill's) great seafood! Relaxed on the beach in the hotel chairs and watched the sunset view and dolphins swim by. Found the most beautiful shells I have ever seen (and I grew up in Fla!). Lots to do in walking distance. I would highly recommend it, and will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Shreveport, LA
Reviewed 21 May 2009

Pros: The hotel was beautiful! We joined “I PREFER” right before we went and it was definitely worth it- we showed our card at check-in and was up-graded to a Jr. suite with corner view (pool and ocean!) I would want this exact room again! Had a refrigerator, which was great to bring back left-overs. Lovely large bathroom with deep tub and separate shower. Room was spacious and beautifully furnished. The best place to eat was the bar area by the pool- we liked the fire-pit at night.

Cons: The bed linens were not worthy of such a nice hotel- VERY thin and scratchy (like paper); they were not comfortable. The spa was very pricy and breakfast was expensive at the restaurant. My huband felt like the private area of the beach was small, expensive chairs to rent, with no water sports located nearby.

I would definitely recommend this hotel- especially for families who would like do drive to Disney World for a few days, then end with a trip to the beach at this lovely resort!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple