“What a great place.”

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 25 June 2009

We went there for a conference and and had reserved a regular Bay view room. For some reason, as I was traveling with spouse and recent high school garduate son, I upgraded our room to a Junior Suite. What a difference. Slightly larger room with a balcony. Great amenities with a staff who were very polite and answered every question or request. Great restaurant on site with a super bar. Pricey, yes, but worth every penny. Other places to eat bracket the hotel (Frenchy's and Cityscape), both very good and reasonable. Great beach frontage and a manicured beach.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,494)

Reviewed 21 June 2009

When we arrived after a long car trip we were personally greeted at the door and whisked to a reception room to check in. Treated with cool lavender scent towels to refresh, and champagne. Definitely a cut above the usually fight with the front desk people to receive the requested room that we have experienced at other hotels. All was in order in the room. Everything was great...all of the service excellent, without being stuffy.

The food at the hotel was reasonably priced, as were the drinks and beach umbrellas.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2009

If it weren't for busy schedules, we would have been back there already.

Wife and I spontaneously decided to travel to the beach for a weekend in April 08. We wanted convenience since we were only had time for a 2 night stay. We chose Sandpearl after using this site and others when gathering info. We booked over the phone with the hotel.

We flew into PIE, and it wasn't long until we were picked up. The Escalade provided more than enough room and comfort for my wife, 9 month old son, mother, and I. The driver was very friendly as well. The pick up was arranged through the hotel when we made reservations.

We made it to the beautiful Sandpearl, and I was a little disappointed that there was nobody to carry our luggage at the time. It wasn't a bother, but it would have been nice. Front desk was very courteous, and we thanked the concierge for our excellent ride from the airport.

The suite was nicely furnished and roomy. The beds were VERY comfortable with so many plush pillows. Our view was marvelous. We could not wait to try the beach.

The following morning we walked across the street to a locally owned/managed diner/cafe for some breakfast. It was very delicious. Then we headed to the beach.

The pool area was beautiful as was the beach. We paid to rent an umbrella and two lounges. It was very convenient. Wife and I sunned while grandma and our baby sat under the umbrella a while. The ocean is cold during April, but it didn't take long to get used to the temperature. The water is a nice emerald color.

We lunched at the poolside bar, and then went to the pool. Poolside service was nice, but could have been better. However, it was all convenient.

After some more relaxation on the beach, we changed for dinner reservations we had at the Caretta which provided upscale dining. We watched a beautiful sunset as we ate. My mother didn't care for the food, and excused herself.

Everything was convenient. We ordered room service for breakfast the next morning, and the hotel verified the same vehicle would arrive to take us back to the airport. We relaxed in the tastefully decored lobby before being picked up.

Next time we plan to try the spa services and perhaps stay 3 nights instead of 2.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2009

I recently stayed for 4 days at the Sandpearl and found the place to be excellent.
The rooms were spacious and very well furnished and the view of the beach and ocean 10/10.
Food in the hotel was also lovely, well prepared and fresh good quality.
Just a word of warning, the top rated restaurant on trip adviser, and i forget the name is next door and all i can say was WOW! That is probably the worst meal i have ever eaten.
The food was terrible, the service worse and to be given my main course whilst in the middle of my starter the cherry on a very big inedable cake. I kid you not our meals were discusting.
I nearly returned to the place to take a picture of the creation i was given the next day as seeing was believing! But decided i would not waste my money.
If i ever ventured to Clearwater again i would eat in the hotel, it may be a few dollars more but you know its good.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glen27
Reviewed 15 June 2009

This was a fantastic hotel. Very beautiful, modern, and elegant without the pretentiousness of other high-end hotels. We rented a pool cabana for the afternoon one day and would suggest to anyone looking to do this to reserve it ahead of time for there are only 5 and they are rented out quickly. We also enjoyed getting a cabana on the beach and being able to raise our flag when we needed a wait staff person to order drinks or food. The room was very clean and beautiful, the hotel grounds were gorgeous, the staff was very friendly. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2009

My family and I just returned from Sandpearl and we had the best vacation ever. The service was outstanding and our room was extremely clean. We had no issues at all. E-mail me if you have specific questions and I will be glad to help you out.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2009

We stayed at the Sand Pearl for four nights in mid May as a last minute replacement for a trip to Playa Del Carmen. Check-in took twenty minutes due the to the guy checking us in not having the right password for the computer. I was actually in disbelief at how long it took him to get this fixed. Tried not to make it a huge deal, but annoying none the less. I was a lot more upset however when the housekeeper mistook a shopping bag as trash and threw it away, It had my wife's 40th birthday present in it. I contacted the front desk right away. There was a lot of "pass the buck" going on. We spoke to numerous people and the follow through from the management was a joke. I was finally told to buy another on and send them the reciept for reimbursement, no offer for anything other than that. The beach was perfect, except for the fact that despite paying premium prices for this hotel, beach umbrellas are $25 a day....come on already! The pool looked nice but I didn't spend anytime there due to the fact that there were not enough chairs and the pool was PACKED with little kids. We did eat at Tate's one day for lunch, food was okay but the service was slow. I don't mind a little slow, the view is great, as was my company, but it took 48 minutes to get a grouper sandwich and a salad....that's a little long for me. Overall, the hotel looks great, but the bad service, ordinary rooms, and charging for beach umbrellas don't justify their prices. Everyone there should take a lesson or two from the guys at the vallet, they were great!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple