“A very service oriented hotel”
Review of Sandpearl Resort

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #7 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kenosha Wisconsin
“A very service oriented hotel”
Reviewed 2 August 2009

I have never gone out of my way to write a review about a hotel, regardless of good or bad, but I decided to write a review about this hotel. I stay in a lot of nice hotel but this one was quite impressive. Every person that I came in to contact with was perfect, sweet and accommodating to no end. The hotel was beautiful, the bed and linens were cloud like, the pool and beach were gorgeous, the food was plentiful and delicious. I couldn't imagine that anyone could complain about this hotel. It was a pleasure to stay there.

2 Thank kenoshaice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Hebrew first
missouri
Reviewed 31 July 2009

We would highly recommend this hotel. First class. Service, food and hotel are wonderful. It has an awesome pool and beach. Very clean and well kept hotel. Only 1 year old. From main entry steps to the pool then walk right out to the beach. Theres cabanas for familys with young children. Can't say enough good things about this hotel.

1 Thank sherw
Belfast
Reviewed 26 July 2009

My title says it all, this hotel was brilliant. Although I marked value as 5 out of 5 this was because we got a cracking deal from Virgin Holidays (£152 for 2 nights for everyone!!!), although if you booked with the hotel accordoning to their in-room info, it was $2900 a week. We decided to break up our fort-night in florida with a few days at the beach. Because we had already booked to weeks in orlando we would have paying extra for nights in clearwater and this is when we got a great deal from Virgin Holidays. The hotel was faultless as far as I am concerned, it was spotless, staff where curteous, the pool area was great and led straight onto the gulf of Mexico, the beach was spotless and the sand was white. All in all I wish I could have stayed for longer and will definitely be returning.

3 Thank paddyslate
Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2009

My husband and I cannot wait to revisit the SandPearl with our family. Its the perfect environment to recharge your batteries. I don't think you can find harder working people in Clearwater Beach. They go out of their way to ensure you are satisfied.

The whole purpose of our vacation was to lounge at the pool and beach with a few day outings. Every afternoon we would come in from the beach/ pool with drippy soggy kids and get everyone cleaned up to go for dinner. By the time we came back housekeeping had the bathroom spotless and beds turned down.

That wicked chef bakes fresh pasteries every morning and provides you with a complimentary basket of assorted treats. I pratically inhaled them.

A couple of times we got a little sloppy and left valuables about and they were exactly where we left them.

A couple of things to note:

- At Tate's bar and grill the menu for kids offers fries but you can substitute for large fresh fruit cups
- The crabcakes and mango salsa is a must try
- The activity desk sometimes has extra sand toys left behind but you usually end up going to CVS. next time we will use 1 of our baggage allowance for packing stuff like that (which only cost a dollar at the dollar store here at home instead of $5.00 for a small pail and shovel there)
- The fridge in the room is small but perfect for stocking continental breakfast items
- Complimentary bottles of Desani water is provided daily
- Bring a couple of beach towels if you plan on going to other beaches
- Very large beach bag (so glad I brought the one I ddi)
- We packed crayons and coloring books, dijis, leapsters and ipods which came in handy
- Lots of picture taking opporunities (bring an extra memory card if you can - we had to buy another cost 40 dollars)
- Check out the free Bird Sanctuary short drive up the coast
- St. Johns Pass nicely done up wharf like area
- St. Petersburg has a beautiful pier with aquriums going up different levels. Great day trip - get back in the afternoon to follow up with lounging by the pool
- Jolly Trolly pass for the week was worth it - you definately don't need a car in Clearwater.
- Caladesi Island is beautiful however mosquitos will eat you alive if not prepared. Pack your own lunch and snacks - just do the ferry to the island save yourself a ton of money. The walk to Hurricane pass is about 1. 5 miles great walk with lots of shells.

Lots of places to eat but but our favorites were:

- Blackwaters Seafood and Grill - Take the Jolly Trolly past the Marriot and its in a plaza on the end
- Frenchy's Restaurant behind the Bank/ Wings
- The Hotel Restaurant
- Clearwater Cafe across the street
- Tates Bar and Grill

A great place for making family memories.

2 Thank BusyTraveller09
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We had booked 5 nights at this resort as a break at the beach during a theme park trip to Orlando. It was OK but I was expecting better. They started on the wrong foot when we arrived, bit of a wait to unload the car as busy. When I went into the hotel NO ONE at reception!! Someone appeared and was excellent but a hotel of this price should never have an empty reception desk. I noticed the same thing on another occcasion when we were leaving.
Room very good. Pool ok but really too crowded. Again for the price I didn't expect not to have a bed by the pool.Better once weekend was over. I would say nice hotel but avoid weekends. Also headline rate is added to with 'resort fee' of $15 a day per room and $16 for parking.There is a spa I didn't use it.
Could do more to entertain children there is a camp (extra cost) for small ones but nothing else.There is a lawn where they could organise fun for an hour or two a day.
All in all ok for a few days with kids. Beach and sea very nice .

1 Thank Monica004
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 23 July 2009

The hotel was exceptional and was only surpassed by the professional staff that abound. At every turn we were greeted by staff members eager to assist. Having traveled quite a bit, I have rarely felt more at home and at easy with the friendly environment that embraced us at every turn. In fact, I witnessed an in progress security response when several local youths accessed the pool area uninvited. It was a matter of seconds before security engaged and removed the unwanted element in a discreet manner. I would highly recommend a stay, but be prepared for looks of disappointment on the faces of your family when it is time to leave.

PJD

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrCleanLongIsland_NY
Cincinnati, Oh
Reviewed 21 July 2009

What an amazing place to stay. Fantastic service, polite staff, phenomenal food and drinks and gorgeous amenities. My husband, myself and our 15th month son stayed in a junior suite overlooking the gulf for one weekend and we were blown away. The room was impeccable and clean. The people were friendly and honest and the service was top notch. The private cabana service was worth it, if you can grab one. We were so impressed that we will stay every time we visit our family in Clearwater! Thank you Sandpearl!