“Super good value, right at the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beachview Hotel

Beachview Hotel
Ranked #47 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Atlanta, Georgia
“Super good value, right at the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

A veranda overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, right across the street from the beach, plus a junior suite with a kitchenette -- all for under $100! Not luxury accommodations, but definitely doable, and a terrific deal. Room was clean; only thing questionable was the carpet. Staff were very helpful. Right next door is a surf shop with groceries in the back; restaurants and a McDonalds for morning coffee were a few steps away. Anyplace else, you'd pay a lot more for a guaranteed view of the Gulf. Good experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite; it's only marginally more expensive.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

In most hotels around this area you have a min 2-3 night stay, but not at this one (at least in Sept). Rooms are a little small, but very clean and updated! Service at the desk was very nice by a young gentleman. You can easily walk to the beach (which most hotels around here are not directly on top of the beach). Great thing is there is a McDonalds on the other side about two buildings down facing the beach (great for the kiddos). Nice, just a really nice place. They only have one large pool, but it has a great view of the beach because it is on the second floor, but too deep for very little ones!! I would stay here again!!!

• Stayed September 2011
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I ended up at the Beachview Inn because it was the only place that wasn't booked last minute on a Saturday. The location is great because it is directly across the street from the beach and pier area in Clearwater. However, my room was absolutely disgusting. The sheets smelled dirty and looked kind of wrinkled, but I thought maybe it was because it was a dated hotel on the beach. Being a Floridian I know that humidity makes rooms smell weird sometimes. It looked like the imprint of a person on the bed, but I went ahead and gave them the benefit of the doubt that nobody would be that freaking gross. Especially, because the maid had left an envelope wanting me to tip her. When I was packing up to leave, we went to grab what we thought was our clothes and it turned out to be somebody else's dirty underwear. I went to the desk and told them that my sheets were dirty and there was somebody's underwear in my room. The maid was standing right there and admitted she hadn't cleaned the room. All I got was a "yeah", not even an apology. The lady at the desk was of no help, so naturually - I went on their facebook account where people HAVE to pay attention to you and they deleted my comment. I understands mistakes happen, ie the underwear. But to not even apologize and to not clean the sheets between occupants is just flat out disgusting.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank orangeyes

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Clarksville, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We've stayed at the Beachview several times over the past few years. We come back because it's got a great beach access and view, a pool, accessible to most places on the main strip, decent parking, helpful staff, serviceable kitchenette, and clean/comfy beds. If you want to spend more, there are other places to go. If you want excellent value for dollar, this is your place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jeffzx9
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

If you want an affordable hotel this is the one! This is my 4th year with my family of four from canada and we love it! They have renovated the rooms, the pool area and elevator. The kitchen is big enough to cook we requested a big fridge and it was sent up to our room within 1 hour! Location is the best and front desk are very sweet and nice! My son had fever and needed a clinic they went out of their way to provide me with a list ! No Internet in the room, not much parking after 8:00 pm we needed to park a block away from the hotel! Was a little disappointed with the rates when we called in May the front desk was telling us $149 a night when we got to the hotel without reservation they told us $129/night instead! We go every year and we will be back
next year if the price is right!!

• Stayed July 2011
Topeka, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

The check in was smooth, but the ladies at the desk were not helpful at all on any of our questions. The view was awesome! The pool was nice, and we had a pool view which also faced the ocean. But on our 3rd night a group of kids were screaming and making a lot of noise at the pool for over an hour. We called the front desk to have it stopped and it seemed to after about 10 minutes.
The room was clean, no problems there. The walls are paper thin, and the first 2 nights we had to listen to the couple next to us argue all night long.
They said free breakfast from 7:00-9:00 I think it was. So the first morning we woke up at 8:15 and everything was gone. They said they only get a certain amount of food out of the freezer the night before and when it is gone, it is gone.
Best of all, the view and how it is close to the Pier and everything else!!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view! It is just a beautiful site!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Hotel- great location and value. We stay there all the time and can't see us going anywhere else. Nice friendly staff!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family