“loved it”

Ranked #49 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Warren, Michigan
“loved it”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is not the hotel for you if having the door opened for you is a priority. (They do that next door). We are hard working normal people who like to enjoy vacation on the beach with the availability to have some things in walking distance. Good food, friendly people, the ocean, and clean reasonably priced accommodations are important to us. Beachview has all of the above. great location and views. Rooms clean. Friendly staff. Only 1 elevator and 1 ice machine but was more than adequate for the size of hotel. Walking distance to everything. Down side only 1 cup coffee makers in room. we went to McDonald's every morning (right next door) and brought back coffee. Limited cold breakfast buffet (kids probably would love it complete with pop tarts). Over all very good experience. Ended up staying an additional night.. I would definitely stay here if vacationing in clearwater.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed one night and had a reunion with my family there. Let's just say they didn't have our rooms ready by 3 nor put us together. I had asked at booking to make sure we could and they said it would be no problem. The location is great but honestly I would have rather had no view and not "worked" so hard on my precious time off. They don't supply pool towels and they constantly were running out of them. I did not find this to be a value after all the taxes and parking charges. The AC is extreemly loud and the toilet kept running all night. I did not sleep. A message to the owner, please ensure you have friendly staff and a full staff to accomodate your business. I spent 170 for one night...I work hard for my money and really felt I didn't get the time off deserved.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better view of the ocean. 2nd floor has direct access to the pool.
2 Thank Karen A

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is an old motel, w/ small rooms, a 5 table bkft. area for 4-5 floor hotel. The staff is uninterested in service. Pay to park, ice machine was not remotely able to supply a whole floor. Coffee can't be removed from bkft. area , w/o a lg. room charge,, even tho there is nowhere to drink it, forget trying to eat a prepackaged pastry standing shoulder to shoulder w/ 20-30 people. Location is the very best, so you must over look all of the above. ♥

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DIXI2013
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2013

There were 2 adults and two middle school age children on our trip to the beachview inn. Lordes made our reservations easily over the phone and was so sweet and professional. We stayed in room 305 and it was roomy enough for us all with a great little kitchenette. Lordes made sure to give us whatever good deals they had and even though we called back several times she was still very patient. Very hard to book last minute is clearwater on a holiday because it is so popular. We did not do the breakfast but heard a lot of funny stories about the service there. The pool was great, elevator was broken and that was rough with luggage and kids. Beach is right across the street and mcdonalds is almost next door! woo hoo! The only complaint I had was house keeping, The lady that was on our floor was very rude and although I walked to her to ask for more towels and told her my room number she treated me as though I were stealing or something. It was odd to say the least. I would think that they have a roster of all rooms with the amount of occupants to leave towels for but you only get 2 towels per room no matter what. second day we got no coffee left in room or toilet paper. Last day we got 4 towels and toilet paper. I would definitely stay here again with my family. I felt safe, slept very well and already miss clearwater. Thank you Lordes for making our first family vaca in years so much fun. You Rock!

Room Tip: room 305 faces the pool and the ocean. Great view and you can see the kids in the pool.
1 Thank lilkimmy6
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We were lucky to end up getting a room on the 4th of July when all other hotels were full. First of all, the elevators were broken (don't know for how long, but they were broken the whole time we were there). So, we had to drag our huge cooler, suitcases, and 2 kids up and down slippery wet stairs in the rain. The room was clean and the beds looked updated, but it was VERY SMALL. There was barely enough room for the 2 double beds let alone the tv armoire, chair, and table they squished in there. The bathroom was barely accessible. The door only opened half way due to the rounded shower rod, so it was extremely cramped to get in and out with the toilet in the way. There was no hot or even warm water whatsoever, so we had to all take showers in cold water. There were also only two bath towels. I called down to ask them to send up more, and Melissa told me that we had to come down and get them because no one could bring them up. So, we had to get our clothes back on to go downstairs to get towels. When we checked in, we made it clear that there were four of us staying in the room. If they only supply two towels per room, why didn't Melissa give us more towels during check in? There are no vents in the bathroom, so you must open the window in order to vent which is right at the walkway where people walking and driving by can see inside (very uncomfortable). While you're sleeping, you can hear everything outside like the windows are opened. People talking outside sound like they're inside your room, and you can hear the people above you everytime they go to the bathroom. They offer "continental breakfast" which is not very good, but better than nothing I guess. They have bagels, english muffins, sliced wheat bread, assorted cereals, danish, muffins, mini doughnuts, and oatmeal. Everything is seperately packaged and not fresh. Not even a waffle maker or fresh fruit like bananas, apples, or oranges. The milk is in the refrigerator (cartons like in elementary school). They offer apple and orange juice in cartons which was frozen and undrinkable. You're not allowed to take anything back to your room with you. We weren't even told about the complimentary breakfast at check in. We saw a sign about it and had to ask. Negatives: poor customer service, old, run down place with very small rooms, priced too high for the quality. Positives: it's right across from the beach, it has a pool, and it's a great central location to everything on the strip. We would consider staying there again, but it definitely wouldn't be our first choice.

Room Tip: Maybe a top floor room facing the ocean would be the best choice.
1 Thank eanda1016
Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I was a little skeptical at first considering its only a two star hotel but it exceeded my expectations. Now of course if you're looking for super fancy this isn't it. But if you're looking for a nice weekend getaway with a great beach view & convenient location it's great! The hotel is directly across from the beach meaning you never have to move your car. There is reserved parking for hotel guest. Restaurants and shopping stores all located just a walk away. Staying here with kids was great due to the location and distance to the beach and pier. Right in the heart of Clearwater beach. The view was incredible. The room was clean & beds were comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The Hotel is a bit old and rundown. I am guessing it would be a great place if you are in college and on spring break, It was right across the street from the beach and they have a pool on the second floor. The hotel also has continental breakfast. We didn’t use the breakfast – McDonalds was next door. Our suite slept 6. 2 beds and a pull out couch. The hotel has outside entry to the room and we found this to be very noisy – sounded like some of the neighbors fit a minimum of 6 in the room – if not more. The bedroom is in the back of the room, along the walk way. It would have made more sense to put the sleeping area in the front because of the noise. I also believe this is a smoking hotel. Never thought to ask – because I assume everything is non-smoking these days.
The girl working the front desk during the day was very sweet, nice and helpful. The woman that came in as she was leaving was an odd one. She yelled at my husband, as he checked in later, that there better be no drugs or partying in the room. ODD thing to say to a 40 year old man who was checking in to meet his wife and daughter.
I am not a huge fan of Clearwater beach to begin with. There are so many nicer beaches in the area and would prefer to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family