“Not a family place”

Beachview Hotel
Ranked #50 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
“Not a family place”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I. Booked this hotel for a 6 night vacation 3 separate rooms....with 5 teenagers..we arrived Tuesday evening around 6 pm after a 17 hour Amtrak...the kids unpacked walked to McDonald's and came back to.the room and ate then changed cloths and went to the beach..came back in and hung out and was asleep by 1030...( I checked on them)we left early wednesday for Buash Gardens in Tampa and.returned around 5pm...the lady at the front desk told me there were complaints about.my kids going in and out of their rooms,leaning and hanging on the balconies and talking loud...WOW...and they told me this was a family Inn....she then told me if this continued I would be evicted and lose my week payment...Seriously, this lady had some... I don't even know the correct way to say how heartless and rude she was....Don't stay here if you have teens because they assume all teens are rude.....by the way 3 of the boys are maintaining a 4.0 in school and 2 work fulltime for the City of Raleigh NC and one of them attends Duke University..great kids..this was suppose to be our families last trip before they moved....We are moving over to the Hyatt now...please be aware of this place...

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank MelissaDenno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Yorkshire
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in June. Great location across the street from the beach. Beach facing room was roomy and clean with good bathroom and kitchenette. Balcony overlooking pool was good for sitting out during day and for seeing sunset. Didn't use pool area but others did and seemed to enjoy. Receptionist was pleasant and efficient, Breakfast adequate. Ample car parking on site and plenty of bars, restaurants and entertainment within easy walking distance. Overall a good budget motel.

Room Tip: Beachview rooms on 3rd floor above pool give great views
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have stayed here many times when needing a weekend away. What first caught our attention was the pool on the second floor. It provides you a nice view of the Gulf of Mexico while chilling at the clean pool.
Our longest stay was 4 days over Thanksgiving and we were treated like family by the front desk staff.
Continental breakfast is okay--nothing to write home about. The breakfast area is well stocked and always clean.
Our only complaint is that you have to pay to park. I find this ridiculous sine we are paying to stay the night, not just park there.

Room Tip: Ask for a 5th floor room facing the Gulf.....best view of Clearwater Beach and Gulf of Mexico.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Hartselle, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2013

What an awesome experience! I can't even begin to explain what a great place this is and for 1/3 the price of the monster of a hotel (Hyatt) next door! Nice room...Gulf front...LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION was simply perfect! McDonald's ,as well as, beach themed restaurants are right next door! However, none of those things compare to how helpful an employee named Melanie was. From telling us the best restaurants to eat at, to helping us figure out the Jolley Trolley schedule, to allowing us to check out at 1PM instead of 11am...she was friendly, down to earth and genuinely cared that my 10 year old Daughter and I had an amazing stay in Clearwater Beach, FL. We stayed on the 4th floor and the view couldn't have been any better! We wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else when we visit again...and even though this was our first trip to Clearwater Beach...it will not be our last! This beach is very family oriented and certainly worth the 10 hour drive to get there!

Room Tip: My only advice is to request a 3rd floor or above room to get the best view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amanda T
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This was a quick getaway for my significant other and I. We booked this hotel at the last minute and we weren't too sure about it, but we had no choice because everything else was booked. Overall our experience was wonderful the hotel is right in the middle of everything, restaurants, shopping, beach everything is in walking distance. The room was quite small indeed, but who cares we were never there but to sleep. My only complaint was the "continental breakfast " not so much the food, but the staff patrolling it! I thought it was "VERY TACKY" how they sat by the door to check if anyone was removing anything from the kitchen. People are on vacation and wake up late their family members are just making sure they eat something before they go to the beach. I have traveled quite often and never seen anything like that. They definitely need to change that behavior because its really not a good look. You don't see the other hotels that offer continental breakfast and offer hot breakfast as well, sitting by the door watching there guest. I hope they change that because that was ridiculous!! Besides that, I did enjoy my stay.

Room Tip: Take outs are not allowed
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank j0viS0
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is not the hotel for you if having the door opened for you is a priority. (They do that next door). We are hard working normal people who like to enjoy vacation on the beach with the availability to have some things in walking distance. Good food, friendly people, the ocean, and clean reasonably priced accommodations are important to us. Beachview has all of the above. great location and views. Rooms clean. Friendly staff. Only 1 elevator and 1 ice machine but was more than adequate for the size of hotel. Walking distance to everything. Down side only 1 cup coffee makers in room. we went to McDonald's every morning (right next door) and brought back coffee. Limited cold breakfast buffet (kids probably would love it complete with pop tarts). Over all very good experience. Ended up staying an additional night.. I would definitely stay here if vacationing in clearwater.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed one night and had a reunion with my family there. Let's just say they didn't have our rooms ready by 3 nor put us together. I had asked at booking to make sure we could and they said it would be no problem. The location is great but honestly I would have rather had no view and not "worked" so hard on my precious time off. They don't supply pool towels and they constantly were running out of them. I did not find this to be a value after all the taxes and parking charges. The AC is extreemly loud and the toilet kept running all night. I did not sleep. A message to the owner, please ensure you have friendly staff and a full staff to accomodate your business. I spent 170 for one night...I work hard for my money and really felt I didn't get the time off deserved.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better view of the ocean. 2nd floor has direct access to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen A

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels